• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Some early morning talk show host posed the question whether you would take Luck or Wilson at this point, and he said that NFL personnel guys would say its Luck, hands down. I'm sure that both teams that have these guys are happy with what they have, but at this point in their career, I think Wilson has the slight edge of actually winning big games. Long term, Luck may have better passing numbers, and when Seattle actually has to pay Wilson, we'll see how the team goes when they can't pay the others. Actually, I don't mind having either as the new NFL golden boys... no off field issues, they aren't as smug as the Manning clan, and aren't punkish like the rest of the newer QBs like Kaep, or Newton.

If Rivers can maintain his poise and performance for the rest of the season, and get at least a split against Denver, he'll he the lead candidate for MVP. I'm hoping that the Chargers will adapt to the loss of Woodhead, so that PR can continue his arc. There are too many people noticing what's happening to be underrated now.

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      Acee is only recognizing what gets people talking to and about Acee
      I understand the concept. But essentially you're claiming just about any reporter doesn't really own what he says/writes, because it's all ginned up controversy to create some views/clicks/likes/follows.

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Some early morning talk show host posed the question whether you would take Luck or Wilson at this point, and he said that NFL personnel guys would say its Luck, hands down. I'm sure that both teams that have these guys are happy with what they have, but at this point in their career, I think Wilson has the slight edge of actually winning big games. Long term, Luck may have better passing numbers, and when Seattle actually has to pay Wilson, we'll see how the team goes when they can't pay the others. Actually, I don't mind having either as the new NFL golden boys... no off field issues, they aren't as smug as the Manning clan, and aren't punkish like the rest of the newer QBs like Kaep, or Newton.

If Rivers can maintain his poise and performance for the rest of the season, and get at least a split against Denver, he'll he the lead candidate for MVP. I'm hoping that the Chargers will adapt to the loss of Woodhead, so that PR can continue his arc. There are too many people noticing what's happening to be underrated now.
        I definitely feel that running QB's are a fad, and now most of the trendy ones are paying the price for taking all those hits when scrambling. But I like Wilson better than Luck right now, because Wilson is a pocket passer first, but will kill you with his legs if nobody is open. He just seems to get it.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
          The media already seems to have their "new guy" waiting in the wings. His name is Andrew Luck.

I am not here to suggest that Luck does not have the tools to excel at QB in the NFL, but the guy is wildly overrated by the media when compared to his actual performance so far. Here is a reality check. Luck was ranked 26th in QB rating in 2012 and 18th last year. Still, some people would have us believe that he is better than Rivers is right now. How quickly can I throw my BS flag on that?!

This year Luck is off to a nice start (not as good as Rivers, but nice), but we will see where he ends up at the end of the year. I have no problem giving the guy credit if/when he starts putting up whole seasons that are at least above average, but that really has not happened yet.

Thankfully, the notion that all things Manning are great will end with Peyton Manning's retirement. Not even the media Manning knob slobbers can hide Shitli's shortcomings. Good to see Shitli off to an early lead in his quest to lead the NFL in INTs for the 4th time (among several other top 5 finishes in INTs).

I can't believe that some people were talking about Shitli clinching his enshrinement into the Hall of Fame after the Giants won their second Super Bowl with him at QB. Maybe if he ends up as the worst QB in the NFL in INTs for the 4th time (among his other narrow misses) we can finally say with confidence that he has clinched never making the Hall of Fame.

The guy that I don't mind at all getting some positive play in the media is Aaron Rodgers. He deserves credit for putting up some outstanding numbers over multiple seasons despite having some pretty mediocre to weak OL support. He is off to a slower start this year by his high standards, but I suspect he will turn things around before the season is finished.

Sadly, the one thing we can be sure of is that Rivers will continue to be the most underrated QB in the NFL by those in the media.
          Honestly, I could not care less if the media ignores the shit out of the Bolts and Rivers in particular. keep on underestimating him....extra incentive and motivation. BTW, he is being mentioned by many writers as an early MVP candidate. I hope he wins it....I bet him at 50:1

In Luck's defense, he is only in his third year, has had some great prime time comebacks, has no D, and (especially last year) sub par weapons around him. He took a terrible team that was gutted of most of its talent and lead them to the playoffs as a rookie.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
            I understand the concept. But essentially you're claiming just about any reporter doesn't really own what he says/writes, because it's all ginned up controversy to create some views/clicks/likes/follows.
            Im not saying this for most reporters. But guys like Kiz or Simers take on a different role.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              Im not saying this for most reporters. But guys like Kiz or Simers take on a different role.
              I only wish that role never existed. Sadly, it does and we end up with Acee transforming and auditioning for ESPN daytime every chance he gets.

Comment

Working...
              X