• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Despite the upbeat "bust" meanderings from that crotchety old rascal Den60, this seriously blows chunks.

What in the FUCK (sorry this isn't in the FUCK thread)? But fucking cock and balls cockfuck motherfucker, what in the crapfuck fuckhole is fucking going on with this fucking fucked up beakshits HURRRRRR fucking situation? I don't fucking get it. Every time we get just a little something going, we get this kind of motherfucking bullshit. Fuck me in the knee.

This is why we can't have nice things.

F
    U
    C
    K
    I can't help it if I didn't like the pick, much less trading up to take him. But, as things go, the loss of Ingram is much worse for this team. He is disruptive on defense and plays a physical game.

And, I'm not crotchety.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      I can't help it if I didn't like the pick, much less trading up to take him. But, as things go, the loss of Ingram is much worse for this team. He is disruptive on defense and plays a physical game.

And, I'm not crotchety.
      Your own post undermines that assertion.

I'm not particularly distressed about Te'o as a standalone injury. I'm more concerned about him adding to the quantity. We're now down three starters on D. And 2.5 on offense. We don't have enough depth to lose guys like these and not have a drop off. The best thing we have going for us right now is the schedule.

Oh. And Philip Rivers whom we should have traded for Alex Smith prior to last year. Wasn't that the line?

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

And, I'm not crotchety.
        It wasn't just you. Everybody who had reservations about that pick has used any bad news about the guy to take a shot at him, instead of just letting his play on the field stand or fail on it's own.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
          It wasn't just you. Everybody who had reservations about that pick has used any bad news about the guy to take a shot at him, instead of just letting his play on the field stand or fail on it's own.
          This season he's been the best ILB on the field. Butler needs to step up his game.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            Your own post undermines that assertion.

I'm not particularly distressed about Te'o as a standalone injury. I'm more concerned about him adding to the quantity. We're now down three starters on D. And 2.5 on offense. We don't have enough depth to lose guys like these and not have a drop off. The best thing we have going for us right now is the schedule.

Oh. And Philip Rivers whom we should have traded for Alex Smith prior to last year. Wasn't that the line?
            If taken out of context it is. The actual point was that if we are going into rebuilding mode would we consider trading Rivers? It was framed as a question. I still don't see this team as a Superbowl contender and still look at the roster and find a lot of holes to fill, some of which will need to be done in the next couple of years. We still sport one of the older rosters in the league. I do worry about going the Denver route which is to spend a lot to stay competitive but failing to win the "big one." I think part of the reason for that pursuit is that the organization needs to be relevant (at least make the playoffs) because they want public opinion on their side when the stadium issue reaches the ballot.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
              When you need bodies I don't think trading 4th round picks is a good strategy. We have gotten some pretty good players in the 4th round over the years.

Comment

Actually, there was some data recently that showed we were one of the younger teams in the league.

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

When you need bodies I don't think trading 4th round picks is a good strategy. We have gotten some pretty good players in the 4th round over the years.
                  We need good players more than bodies. This one will be determined on the field.

Comment

Working...
                  X