• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Welcoms Shaun Draughn and Kevin Reddick

It was a busy Tuesday at Chargers Park as the team made a whopping 10 transactions.

Three players were added to the active roster in running back Shaun Draughn, insider linebacker Kevin Reddick and outside linebacker Cordarro Law. The Bolts placed running back Danny Woodhead on the reserve-injured list and released defensive lineman Lawrence Guy. Meanwhile, San Diego signed running back DJ Adams, tight end David Paulson and outside linebacker Colton Underwood to the practice squad. They also released Adrian Philips from the practice squad and Marcus Cromartie from Reserve-Injured.

Draughn is a 6-0, 205-pounder who’s played in 22 games over four seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears. The running back’s carried the ball 63 times for 235 yards and two touchdowns in addition to 24 catches for 158 yards. Draughn has also returned kickoffs, bringing back 25 attempts for 590 yards. He appeared in two games for the Bears this season mainly on special teams before being released last week. The former North Carolina standout entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent.

Reddick is another former Tar Heel to join the Bolts on Tuesday. He originally signed with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent last year and appeared in every game. The 6-1, 246-pounder paced the club with 13 special teams tackles with one forced fumble. He was waived at the end of August and was most recently on the St. Louis Rams practice squad.

After impressing in the preseason to earn a spot on the practice squad, Law’s promotion comes on the heels of Melvin Ingram being placed on the “Reserve-Injured – Designated to Return” list Saturday with a hip ailment. The pass rusher thrived in the CFL last year and turned heads this preseason recording nine tackles, two sacks, a forced fumble and three tackles for loss.

Head Coach Mike McCoy stated Monday Woodhead would be out for the season with a broken fibula, and the Chargers made that official on Tuesday. The 5-8,200-pounder was injured on his first carry against the Buffalo Bills, and McCoy noted how the team will miss his versatility and leadership (link).

Meanwhile, Lawrence Guy appeared in 13 games over two seasons in San Diego. The 6-4, 318-pounder recorded 16 tackles and three passes defensed, which all came in 2013.

DJ Adams spent time with the Chargers in the offseason prior to training camp. The 5-9, 199-pounder produced a standout senior season at Portland State, rushing for 1,600 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2013. He ran for over 200 yards on three occasions. Adams was most recently with the Dallas Cowboys.

A former Oregon star, David Paulson appeared in 32 games over two seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers, recording 13 catches for 153 yards to average 11.8 yards per reception. The 6-4, 246-pound tight end was originally a seventh round selection in 2012.

Colton Underwood attended training camp with the Chargers before being waived on Aug. 30. The 6-3, 254-pound Illinois State product notched six tackles and one sack in four preseason games.

A 5-11, 210-pounder out of Texas, Adrian Phillips was placed on the practice squad after recording seven tackles in the preseason. Cromartie was on the practice squad in 2013 before being elevated to the active roster for the final four games including postseason.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Released Guy?
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Welcoms Shaun Draughn and Kevin Reddick

This probably means ricardo Mathews is ready to contribute

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Signed a TE?
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Just A Guy logo:
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Released Guy?
            A small surprise, but he hasn't been a factor this season. Rico Mathews better be ready.

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

Okay what is the scoop on Shawn John (Draughn)... ?

I have never heard of this cat... The only thing I know is that (1) wiki already has him as a Charger and (2), dude is yolked... Like Yuba yolked..

I would have posted a picture, but that stuff is too difficult.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                Okay what is the scoop on Shawn John (Draughn)... ?

I have never heard of this cat... The only thing I know is that (1) wiki already has him as a Charger and (2), dude is yolked... Like Yuba yolked..

I would have posted a picture, but that stuff is too difficult.
                Just 3 weeks ago he was the #2 RB on the Bears depth chart
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

From Rotoworld:

Shaun Draughn is expected to open the season as the Bears' No. 2 running back.
                  Rookie Ka'Deem Carey has not been impressive and Michael Ford has been released. Through three preseason games, Draughn has eight carries for 39 yards and three catches for 29 yards. He's a weak handcuff for Matt Forte. Aug 25 - 11:24 AM

Bears waived RB Shaun Draughn.
                  It's a bit surprising, as Draughn outplayed rookie Ka'Deem Carey in training camp, while undrafted free agent Senorise Perry is the only other running back on the Bears' roster. Carey was already Matt Forte's handcuff, but it's now set in stone. Going on 27, Draughn has averaged 3.7 yards on his 63 career carries. Sep 16 - 4:02 PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

FUCK

Guy has a bad shoulder. Shoulders just don't heal quickly.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

News feed on Rotoworld on Draughn

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                        Signed a TE?
                        not real surprising. We kept 4 with Johnson the TE/FB hybrid for lead blocking. With our RB corps depleted, it may be time to use Johnson more as an early down RB and Power I FB, while counting on Phillips more for blocking? Phillips gets hurt every year and never finishes a season, so TT is preparing for that. At least I hope that is why and not some surprise announcement coming of injury to Gates or something...
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X