MMQ hits the film room with Dwight Freeney...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Right. I don't think anyone disagrees that closing the deal is the most important factor. But causing mayhem and changing the evolution of a play is a really close second. The value of the Freeney signing was questioned last year on both a financial and effectiveness basis. And his advanced age and health can certainly undermine the ROI of the signing. But I don't think there is any question that as long as he remains on the field he is an effective player. And I think that's what this all boils down to. You can talk about 'technical pressures' and 'vulture sacks' until the cows come home. But right now, Freeney and Liuget (and Ingram until he went down) are giving the most decisive and consistent pressure we have seen in years.
    I'm confused. You quoted my post and seem to agree with everything I said but wrote it in a way like you are debating against me. And I never mentioned technical pressures or vulture sacks, did you quote the wrong post?.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SFW View Post
      I'm confused. You quoted my post and seem to agree with everything I said but wrote it in a way like you are debating against me. And I never mentioned technical pressures or vulture sacks, did you quote the wrong post?.
      I think you read it wrong. To me it reads as agreement with what you wrote in your post and endorsement of the general disagreement Yuba on the subject.
      Adipose

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Geez people....fuckin lighten up! Why is it everybody is getting all over everybody over a couple of words? Let it go...its not a fricken court room or Big Brother show here. its like everybody is personally chastising everybody else and its getting really really old. Let an argument DIE for the good of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          Geez people....fuckin lighten up! Why is it everybody is getting all over everybody over a couple of words? Let it go...its not a fricken court room or Big Brother show here. its like everybody is personally chastising everybody else and its getting really really old. Let an argument DIE for the good of the board!

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

So Freeney's "technical" pressures are more effective this year over last year? Maybe that's because Verrett/Flowers have improved the CB position a thousand percent over last year's scrubs. Defense is still about team efforts, not just individual sack numbers.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              So Freeney's "technical" pressures are more effective this year over last year? Maybe that's because Verrett/Flowers have improved the CB position a thousand percent over last year's scrubs. Defense is still about team efforts, not just individual sack numbers.
              Gonna slightly disagree here. The Chargers are able to consistently put the QB on a clock this year with just four rushing whereas last year the 4 man rush couldn't. They would stall out and give the QB "infinite time".

But yes, good CB's plus good pass rush = Better defense this year.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Asela
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SFW View Post
                That in turn will open up opportunities for other players to get better one on one match-ups (ie; Attaochu, Williams)
                Not if they are out injured! Seriously, is there something in our training regiment that makes our players more injury prone. I understand 30 and up players will suffer injuries much more frequently, but our young players are also suffering through quite a bit of injuries. Should we be looking at the trainer and wondering if something is wrong with their approach?

Serious, "No Mas" on the injury front

Comment

Working...
                X