• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boldarblood
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Defense Wins Championships

A saying as old as Football is it feels, but my question is does it apply to modern NFL?

It seems within modern schemes and the way the rules have been adjusted to limit what defenses can do. It feels like today a high octane offense >> Monster defenses, Its been a ongoing debate among a few friends which is best to have today,
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Look at free agency. Teams are loading up on Dline...inside & outside.

It's the SF model.

Remember, up until half way thru the 4th quarter, SF held Patrick n Andy to 10 points.

Teams will figure out how to deal with such explosiveness, whether with pass rush or coverage or clock chewing power running.

The cycles of football.

Even with these rules.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Look at free agency. Teams are loading up on Dline...inside & outside.

It's the SF model.

Remember, up until half way thru the 4th quarter, SF held Patrick n Andy to 10 points.

Teams will figure out how to deal with such explosiveness, whether with pass rush or coverage or clock chewing power running.

The cycles of football.

Even with these rules.
      If Jimmy G had the clutch gene, the 9ers win that game easily. Their D shined for most of that game.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

If Jimmy G had the clutch gene, the 9ers win that game easily. Their D shined for most of that game.
        Agreed.
        One pass.
        Missed the TD.
        I blame Shanahan too.
        Like with ATL vs NE SB.
        A couple years ago.
        Never should have lost that game either.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

We’ve actually played KC close for the Patrick Mahomes era.

1st game was & stubhub and none of our receivers can catch a damn ball. We lost by 10.

2nd game was @ KC we were down 14? And came back in the 4th quarter. Won on a 2 point conversion to mike will.

3rd game was @ mexico. We had a chance to tie at the very last play even though we turned the ball over multiple times. We lose by 7.

4th game was @ KC. We were just a hot mess this game. We lost by 10.

We've held Mahomes to some of his lower numbers. Whatever Gus Bradley does against the Chiefs is working.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Im almost certain LB is a draft target. At this point may even be telegraphing it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Im almost certain LB is a draft target. At this point may even be telegraphing it.
              Who you got ?

I got...
              Simmons @ #6.
              Queen, Murray @ #37.
              Dugger, Logan Wilson @ #71.
              Davis-Gaither, Weaver @ #112.

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Especially with Jatavius gone

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Who you got ?

I got...
                  Simmons @ #6.
                  Queen, Murray @ #37.
                  Dugger, Logan Wilson @ #71.
                  Davis-Gaither, Weaver @ #112.
                  I like all those guys. Really like Murray. But he wont be there in the 2nd. Simmons give us a top 3 D most likely. I expect Tillery to show. I expect Adderley to show. Kind of like the other LSU LB a little bit. Jacobs.

Was a Weaver fan all year. Timed well for a big guy. Didnt show great strength. But his work rate is phenomenal. If the idea is to replace Perrymans snaps going forward and maybe even get some pass rush out of him. He was a DE im almost certain. Been a while since i checked in on him. Blue Collar guy. Gary Plummer type.

Really liked Troy Dyes film. I think he is a fluid athletic LB prospect. Davion Taylor is another speed guy i like.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                    Especially with Jatavius gone
                    Yep...we're really going to miss Bouncewhiffy and Old Man Davis...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

I like all those guys. Really like Murray. But he wont be there in the 2nd. Simmons give us a top 3 D most likely. I expect Tillery to show. I expect Adderley to show. Kind of like the other LSU LB a little bit. Jacobs.

Was a Weaver fan all year. Timed well for a big guy. Didnt show great strength. But his work rate is phenomenal. If the idea is to replace Perrymans snaps going forward and maybe even get some pass rush out of him. He was a DE im almost certain. Been a while since i checked in on him. Blue Collar guy. Gary Plummer type.

Really liked Troy Dyes film. I think he is a fluid athletic LB prospect. Davion Taylor is another speed guy i like.
                      Troy Dye is a monster. 3-down LB with blitz, tackling, and coverage chops.
                      Look for Chinn, Harrison, Wilson, Brooks, Baun, Phillips, Gay Jr, and Bradley day 2.
                      Chinn is the dude I want if we don’t take Simmons. He can play safety, NCB, N/DLB at a very high level.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

I cannot agree more. Simmons gives us stud play makers at every level. James and Simmons gives us to elite defenders to take away TE's and RB's something that very few defenses can do.

Comment

Working...
                        X