What Happens to the Draft Order if NFL Season Cancelled?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind watching nfl games without any fans in attendance
    just 2 teams
    nfl personnel
    and cameras

I doubt our players would notice a difference
    This...since so many people just watch it on tv anyways they could just show the field. They could allow some fans who are young and healthy and maybe already had the virus to attend so there isn't a completely empty stadium. Crickets chirping in the stands might be a little disarming to the players. LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Virtual fans via Zoom?
      haha
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

They can insert a cheer track like the laugh track they have on TV shows.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This...since so many people just watch it on tv anyways they could just show the field. They could allow some fans who are young and healthy and maybe already had the virus to attend so there isn't a completely empty stadium. Crickets chirping in the stands might be a little disarming to the players. LOL!
          Sadly, Chargers have been used to that..... lol

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
            They could do something similar to the NBA and drop ping pong balls.

What if the Chargers got the number 1 pick because the ping pong ball went our way ???

:bertstare:
            That would never happen - magically, the balls would fall to make the Patriots, Cowboys, Green Bay, and Giants the top four. :smoking:
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That would never happen - magically, the balls would fall to make the Patriots, Cowboys, Green Bay, and Giants the top four. :smoking:
              That is true...... likely rigged for either NE or DAL........ so they can stay at or near the top.....

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                Ive been reading online that lindsey graham expects corona to come back on the fall and herbstreit saying he doesnt think college or pro football will be played this year.

So my question is if this season of collegr and nfl is cancelled. How does the NFL decide the draft order?
                Doubt the season will be cancelled. Even if it is, Why would the draft order change at all? Absolutely no reason for it

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Doubt the season will be cancelled. Even if it is, Why would the draft order change at all? Absolutely no reason for it
                  I dont think it will, i was just curious because i couldnt find the official rule online.i was juat seeing if anyone knew. Would the order stay the same, random lotto like the nba. Thats all

Comment

• screeme18
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    If NFL is canceled, so would college...I am assuming eligibility would be extended, might be a pretty thin draft....sure, some guys are still gonna come out...but I'll bet it's pretty reduced.

As for draft order, I figure it either stays the same, or as mentioned above, is randomized within blocks...probably 4 blocks of 8 teams.

There you go, chaincrusher...now there is hope for your man crush coming here, if the ping pong ball they pull out first says Chargers...LOL
                    This is what I was thinking. No football season in 2020.. no draft in 2021.. 2021 football season plays out as 2020 would have.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

I am starting to think they are not playing football this season. It's a little early to substantiate that opinion but really all it is going to take is one positive test in one player this summer after camp opens and the whole thing will be shut down ala the NBA. There just seems no way the virus will have run its course by the fall....
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                        I am starting to think they are not playing football this season. It's a little early to substantiate that opinion but really all it is going to take is one positive test in one player this summer after camp opens and the whole thing will be shut down ala the NBA. There just seems no way the virus will have run its course by the fall....
                        I wouldn't say that...the corona virus is a flu...the vast majority are going to get it eventually...all this shutdown is doing is slowing it down so we can catch up with supplies, equipment, and medications...once we are armed to better handle larger numbers of critical cases...and large sections of the population have already had it, preventing overwhelming and even disastrous spikes...I think you will see restrictions relax. May be some empty stadiums, but I think if we are still living differently come this fall, the moral boost of sports on TV will call for definitive measures. Just a guess.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by screeme18 View Post

This is what I was thinking. No football season in 2020.. no draft in 2021.. 2021 football season plays out as 2020 would have.
                          Not exactly what I was getting at...there are gonna be many players who just won't go back to school...but I do think the draft would be pretty darn thinned out...maybe 60-70% of the normal prospects...but we are just spit balling here...no telling what will really happen. Crazy times, crazy ideas...
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X