• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Tourek Williams hit

Last week it was Weddle. This week it's Tourek with a monster de-cleater. The crowds reaction came through crystal clear even on TV. I've been searching for a gif of it but no luck so far.
    sigpic
  • Wheels
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

I doubt that dude is going to tip toe the sideline like that anymore. That's what you get for not getting out of bounds.

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

The best thing was that after he hit the guy his momentum carried him right onto our sideline. He didnt break stride, and calmly kept walking towards the bench like he had done it before. Sure his team mates were all over him, but he pimped the shit out of it.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I like the fact we have at least one LB that likes to hit. Connor might be another. Forgot about Johnson too.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• onelazyfock
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Anyone got a link to the hit?

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Tourek has made his yearly play. See you next year Tourek.

No but for real, I hope he improves.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

With Johnson and Freeney both getting up there, we really do need him to keep developing. Williams has the physical tools, but sometimes he looks completely clueless on D, and that was against vanilla offenses (preseason). He needs to spend more time with Freeney and watch a ton more film. At least now that he is active and making plays on ST, he will keep getting more reps in practice and in games, which should help him to improve. Hopefully, that will be enough.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                With Johnson and Freeney both getting up there, we really do need him to keep developing. Williams has the physical tools, but sometimes he looks completely clueless on D, and that was against vanilla offenses (preseason). He needs to spend more time with Freeney and watch a ton more film. At least now that he is active and making plays on ST, he will keep getting more reps in practice and in games, which should help him to improve. Hopefully, that will be enough.
                While you have a point, Law seemingly already jumped him in the depth chart playing more snaps. With good reason I suspect. He just has a knack for pass rushing from the little I've seen from him.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  While you have a point, Law seemingly already jumped him in the depth chart playing more snaps. With good reason I suspect. He just has a knack for pass rushing from the little I've seen from him.
                  Law got a lot of playing time in Canada. While it is not like being in the NFL, it is better experience then college.

In any case, given the injuries and how the roster can be filled out, I don't see any reason we can't keep them both if they can both rush the QB and play on ST. I agree, Law is ahead of Williams, but the dynamics of the bottom of the roster may not get him on the field as much. Remember how long Floyd was on the verge of stepping up, but because he didn't play on ST, he wasn't active. He finally started playing on kick coverage, and in less then half a season, took the starting SE job and hasn't given it up except for injuries.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Was Law in on ST? I just assumed he was since he led the team in tackles in the preseason. You do make a great point about ST play and I agree. (Big reason Vincent Brown got the ax)

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

If we have enough OLB who can play ST and rush the passer, load up the roster with OLB keep as many as possible. With Walker, we can get by with just 3 true ILB, then Walker, then as many as about 6 OLB if we need to.

Now, we won't go there yet. Conner is too good to let go, even if he only plays in the base 34 and on ST like he did vs the Jags. Gachkar had a good game starting and playing the nickle spot, as well as a solid ST guy. So, with Butler, Teo and Walker we have 5 ILB. Then have Freeney, JJ, Ingram (IR) Jerry, Law and Williams, but Ingram doesn't count till he comes off of IR, so we can afford to keep both active till then. And with Walker and Jerry out now, we need the ST bodies.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

T Williams, unsung hero? That hit fired up the D!
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X