Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Chargers Stats/Quotes

Top Stats, Plays and Quotes at the Quarter Pole

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Top-Stats-Plays-and-Quotes-at-the-Quarter-Pole/2669f52b-39d5-4a60-a08d-a7ebdff59f9a

With a quarter of the season in the books and the Bolts 3-1, here is everything you need to know about the Chargers at the Quarter Pole:

Key Numbers

1,155 – Yards thrown by Philip Rivers, ranking fifth in the NFL

351.8 – Average yards gained per game on offense

325.5 – Average yards surrendered per game on defense

114.5 – Rivers’ passer rating, which ranks first among all starters

88.1 – Nick Novak’s career field goal percentage, ranking first in team history

75 – Total first downs attained by offense

63 – Number of TDs between Rivers and Antonio Gates; the most in NFL history for a QB-TE Tandem

50 – Carries by team leader Donald Brown

32:25 – Average time of possession, ranking fifth in the NFL

24 – Consecutive games Rivers has thrown a TD pass, setting a new Chargers team record

24 – Total tackles by both Eric Weddle and Donald Butler, tying for the team lead

22 – Receptions by team leader Keenan Allen

11 – QB hits by team leader Corey Liuget

10 – Total sacks by defense, ranking sixth in the league

5 – Turnover ratio, ranking second in the NFL

4 – Touchdowns by team leader Eddie Royal

2 – Sacks by team leader Dwight Freeney

Rankings

Offensively, the Chargers rank 17th in total offense (351.8 yards per game), fifth in passing (282.2 ypg), 31st in rushing (69.5 ypg) and ninth in points (25.5).

Defensively, the Bolts rank ninth in total defense (325.5 ypg), 11th in passing (228.2 ypg), ninth in rushing (97.2 ypg) and fifth in points allowed (15.8).

Top Quotes

“It’s been outstanding, and that’s the way it’s got to be. It all starts with us with the performance on the field. You’ve got to win, and you’ve got to put a good show on for the crowd.... We’ve got to do our job on the field, continue to win and do a great job at home. It’s always good to have the fans behind you. For the last month of last year and the first month of this year it’s been outstanding. So let’s keep it rolling.” – Head Coach Mike McCoy on fan support at Qualcomm Stadium

“Like anything, a lot of guys have a hand in that to be able to throw a touchdown, somebody’s on the receiving end of all 24 of those. There’s five guys at least and a running back up there fighting like crazy for you to be able to get it off. I think the guys that have been a part of those 24 games deserve a pat on the back as well. It’s taken all of us to keep that thing going.” – Philip Rivers on his team-record 24 straight games with a touchdown pass

“It just kind of happened that way. During the week you try to make all of the plays work, and when you draw them up everyone is scoring a touchdown. You never really know who is going to get it and it happened to be me this week the last two weeks. Next week you don’t know who the guy is. You just try to execute each play the right way and we’ll see. I’m just happy. I don’t even care who is scoring the touchdowns.” - Eddie Royal on posting back-to-back two touchdown games

“It’s definitely harder, I will say. Now I’m getting a little taste of what Gates gets every week. Double coverage, in-and-out combos, whatever the case may be. They try to not let you get the ball. From these past weeks, it’s just freeing up the other guys—Malcom, Eddie, Gates against Seattle. It’s just going to free up guys. We have a lot of offensive weapons. Someone’s going to get open eventually.” – Keenan Allen on difference this season from rookie year

“He is such a competitor. I’m grateful just to be one of his receivers. I have to make sure I am there for him. He is going to be a future Hall of Famer. I just have to cherish it.” – Malcom Floyd on Philip Rivers when you have an elite quarterback like that.

Our job is to protect him. When we do our job it helps him do his a lot easier. Phil has been a good quarterback.” – King Dunlap on Philip Rivers

“When you work the way he does and prepare the way he has through the whole offseason, getting in the best football shape he can, just go out there and play. Going back in the San Francisco preseason game and the way he played there, the more reps he gets throughout the year the better he’s getting. So the hard work, the leadership he shows out there and the want to, is outstanding. It doesn’t surprise me at al. It’s well deserving.” – Head Coach Mike McCoy on Corey Liuget after being named the Week 3 AFC Defensive Player of the Week

“Brandon Flowers, that play was sick. The guy is unbelievable. (I am) so glad he’s here” – Jarret Johnson on Brandon Flowers interception vs. Jacksonville
    Last edited by TTK; 09-30-2014, 10:38 PM. Reason: Fixed squished quotes
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

How many Vulture sacks and technical pressures?
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      How many Vulture sacks and technical pressures?
      Not as many as SP95!

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Why did King Dunlap say he is grateful to be one of Philip Rivers's receivers?

Comment

• thunderclap
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
          Why did King Dunlap say he is grateful to be one of Philip Rivers's receivers?
          The first part of that paragraph is a Malcolm Floyd quote. The two quotes got squished together.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thunderclap View Post
            The first part of that paragraph is a Malcolm Floyd quote. The two quotes got squished together.
            Oh yea. I have a reading-comprehension problem.

Go Chargers!

Comment

• Sec-E4
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2014
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

My favorite Quote so far, comes from Eric Weddle

After MM gave Rivers a game ball, Eric Weddle yelled "Take your shirt off !!! " "Come on ! Take it off "

Comment

Working...
              X