• Show
Clear All
  • Pointyearedog
    Humble Chargers Fan
    • May 2017
    • Golden Hill
    • Medical Devices Operations
    • Send PM

Just imagine being at a Ramz/Bolts game. Who would be booing who?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
      Just imagine being at a Ramz/Bolts game. Who would be booing who?
      There will probably still be more Raiders fans there
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

It's official. HBO came out with the announcement:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...n=true#image=1

As rumored back in April, this season of Hard Knocks will feature both the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers. Last week, we reported that HBO was “deep into planning” this season of Hard Knocks, but no announcement was made at that time. Neither the Rams nor the Chargers were eligible to be forced into appearing on Hard Knocks by the NFL, since both were playoff teams in 2018.

Additionally, HBO and the NFL announced a multi-year extension (of an unknown length) to the Hard Knocks franchise.

The five episode series of the LA-centric Hard Knocks will kick off on August 11th, airing each Tuesday at 10 PM through September 8th.

Here are some quotes from the head coaches of both teams, Anthony Lynn and Sean McVay.
        Los Angeles Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn said, “Having been part of Hard Knocks before when I was with the New York Jets, my biggest takeaway from that whole experience was that you get out of it what you put into it. There’s a reason that season was probably the most popular Hard Knocks ever. If you’re going to do a show, do it right. You can’t fake it. We didn’t have a problem providing access because we built a relationship with the crew. There was a mutual trust that exists to this day with those people, and many of them will actually be working on this year’s show. Broadcasting your internal business all over the world isn’t something you regularly want to do, but in a year with as many challenges as this one has had, I’m glad we can be part of bringing football back to the fans this summer.”

“We are looking forward to having Hard Knocks in our camp this year,” said Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Sean McVay. “Hard Knocks always offers a rare opportunity for our fans to see our players’ hard work to prepare for the season, as well as gives them a peek behind the curtain to observe these guys off the field, too. This year will be special because the show will also get an unprecedented look at SoFi Stadium, Stan Kroenke’s vision for professional football in L.A.”

Hopefully, this dual edition of Hard Knocks will turn out better than last year’s season with the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders season had nothing but potential, which was stifled by the lack of access that team gave HBO’s crew.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Hopefully, this dual edition of Hard Knocks will turn out better than last year’s season with the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders season had nothing but potential, which was stifled by the lack of access that team gave HBO’s crew.
          maybe they didnt want their crimes to be caught on camera? the bolts are too goody 2shoes to hide anything.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Why do we have to be tagged along with the Rams on everything. The Rams had their Hard Knocks in 2016 but we haven't ever. It's not because no one would watch because the Raiders last year was snoozefest and we all know how large of fanbase they have. I also can't imagine this was Spanos idea and maybe he got forced into it by the NFL.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
              Why do we have to be tagged along with the Rams on everything. The Rams had their Hard Knocks in 2016 but we haven't ever. It's not because no one would watch because the Raiders last year was snoozefest and we all know how large of fanbase they have. I also can't imagine this was Spanos idea and maybe he got forced into it by the NFL.
              Man you gotta understand the drama here...two teams enter the season...only one team exits the thunderdome (SoFi) muhahahahahah!!!!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

All I want to see is a Lynn vs McVay fist fight!!!
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  I am sure the NFL forced this issue as a way of not only showcasing the new stadium but also in an effort to reinvigorate the NFL in the LA. Isn't Sofi going to have NFL Network offices, NFL executive offices, etc, actually in it or along side of it? I am sure it's the NFL's way of saying looking at all this shiny new stuff we have!
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I am sure the NFL forced this issue as a way of not only showcasing the new stadium but also in an effort to reinvigorate the NFL in the LA. Isn't Sofi going to have NFL Network offices, NFL executive offices, etc, actually in it or along side of it? I am sure it's the NFL's way of saying looking at all this shiny new stuff we have!
                    maybe this will buy the bolts some more favorable calls, not phantom, bullshit, tickytack, pussy shit flags!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Man, time flies. Episode 1 premiere on HBO on Tuesday, 11 August, at 7pm, Pacific.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

maybe this will buy the bolts some more favorable calls, not phantom, bullshit, tickytack, pussy shit flags!
                          I would be happy with just not being screwed by the refs.

Comment

Working...
                          X