• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I would hate to see us waste a pick on a qb this year. Get your players this year and your qb next year if Taylor doesn’t perform.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      I would hate to see us waste a pick on a qb this year. Get your players this year and your qb next year if Taylor doesn’t perform.
      I'm just the opposite. I'd rather get the QB now and prepare for the future.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm just the opposite. I'd rather get the QB now and prepare for the future.
        I agree. Hopefully, Chargers wont pick this high again for a while. We just have to be realistic about it, though. No matter what QB gets drafted, there is a great chance he does not pan out. History is unkind to first round Qbs. And the Qbs other than Burrow all have some real issues -- health, accuracy/leadership, mechanical flaws, etc. So I wont come down too hard on the front office on the pick because many teams miss on highly drafted QBs.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I Think after hearing TT the other day, im safely going to say we are NOT going to draft Tua.

Now it depends on how much they like Herbert but still think they are wiser than we think(drafting Herbert #6) and they will go with Hurts...though even in the 2nd is high for me so hopefully we have a trade down if Simmons is gone and we get extra picks to use a later 2nd on Hurts.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm not sold on the oline and qb position and if the oline isn't addressed at lt early I'm not sold on RD. I would like to see any combination of ot rb or qb and ot or rb or all three early. Caviot if next year's draft class is deep at QB.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Can't keep a good Stink down!
              sigpic

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                I Think after hearing TT the other day, im safely going to say we are NOT going to draft Tua.

Now it depends on how much they like Herbert but still think they are wiser than we think(drafting Herbert #6) and they will go with Hurts...though even in the 2nd is high for me so hopefully we have a trade down if Simmons is gone and we get extra picks to use a later 2nd on Hurts.
                You think the broken nose, concussion, broken finger, 2 broken wrists, both ankles tightroped, both knee sprained, a hip dislocation and fracture in just 24 starts is going to scare TT away from Tua? Hold my beer!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well, it didn't scare him from Verrett. Or Mike Williams. Or Tillery. Or Adderly. Or Teo (mentally injured by the catfisher). TT takes chances on injured draftees. Is he learning/adjusting? We are about to find out.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

You think the broken nose, concussion, broken finger, 2 broken wrists, both ankles tightroped, both knee sprained, a hip dislocation and fracture in just 24 starts is going to scare TT away from Tua? Hold my beer!
                    I've never read anywhere that he broke a finger and 2 wrists. The reports I have seen said it was either a finger or a wrist, not all 3. Source?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Well, it didn't scare him from Verrett. Or Mike Williams. Or Tillery. Or Adderly. Or Teo (mentally injured by the catfisher). TT takes chances on injured draftees. Is he learning/adjusting? We are about to find out.

TG
                      Even Verrett wasn't injured that much. None of those guys were injured as much as Tua. I think as he goes along he learns from his mistakes. MW had the neck injury but he came back and didn't get injured the next season.

If you heard the video from the other day, he said coming from Indy where they had a routine, they all knew each other and had a well oiled machine going into drafts,....when he got here, he didn't know everybody well or their ways and means for drafts.

I would antribute that to not having the best first draft as things has got better afterwards.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I've never read anywhere that he broke a finger and 2 wrists. The reports I have seen said it was either a finger or a wrist, not all 3. Source?
                        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...injury-nfl.amp
                        id read somewhere else that it was 2 fractured wrists but not same wrist. Who knows? 32 NFL GM’s know. We won’t be sure for a while

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Here’s the surgically repaired finger
                          https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ury/465527002/
                          I don’t think finger is a bid deal. Didn’t include game he missed for quad injury either. You put em all together and it’s risky

Comment

Working...
                          X