• Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Fantasy TailGate Party

I'm bored & thought of a brilliant idea ! (Pats myself on the back)

Okay .....here it is, Let's say we took all the members here on Thepowderblues forum & had a huge TailGate party at the Q & everyone just BBQ'ed Drank, Partied, mingled Etc, But no names would be exchanged. We would all remain anonymous untill the very end, And then After the game, is when The "put a name to the face" challenge would start. !

We're going off of post, Threads & replies we've read on here....Do you think you could match up & connect the screen name with the actual person ?

There would be money on the line ofcourse, the most matches wins the Pot, Let's say it was a $50 buy in !

Do you think you have what it takes ? Just imagine all the YPC & post #56 chat that would be going down
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I know what most of these fools look like. Some of us go back 15-16 years. Some even longer I think.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Internet stalker logo:
      Go Rivers!

Comment

Fun idea, but like OIP said, it'd be easy for a lot of us - not to mention impossible - there's a large contingency of us that don't live in San Diego anymore.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

As OIP and SC have said, a lot of us know each other in person going way back and/or are nowhere near San Diego. (I have lived in Panama, San Diego, Massachusetts, and now the UK.)

I get the impression there are 2 or 3 groups have come together here. I don't know the ESPNers, but some of us go back over 20 years (pretty sure I met Mad Dog and Viejo Bolt in '92 or '93) to Vernon's CMU boltbackers list and then the Superfans/CFN site, etc., before finding our way here. And we've tailgated at P3 and gone on roadtrips together. (I've met up with guys from the various lists/boards in San Diego, Boston, Chicago, Washington, Dallas, Jacksonville, Houston, and Cincinnati.)

Of the one's I don't know in person, some would be easy to pick out. For example, OIP would be the one picking pieces of meat off the grill to have with his sriracha, lightning would be the one sharing spliffs with Mister Hoarse, BlazingBolt would be the one wearing the "Bring Back Norv" t-shirt, and Yuba would be the one with a halo and accompanied by trumpet fanfares and choirs of angels.
          Adipose

Comment

• RobH
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Tokyo, Japan
            • University English Lecturer
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            As OIP and SC have said, a lot of us know each other in person going way back and/or are nowhere near San Diego. (I have lived in Panama, San Diego, Massachusetts, and now the UK.)

I get the impression there are 2 or 3 groups have come together here. I don't know the ESPNers, but some of us go back over 20 years (pretty sure I met Mad Dog and Viejo Bolt in '92 or '93) to Vernon's CMU boltbackers list and then the Superfans/CFN site, etc., before finding our way here. And we've tailgated at P3 and gone on roadtrips together. (I've met up with guys from the various lists/boards in San Diego, Boston, Chicago, Washington, Dallas, Jacksonville, Houston, and Cincinnati.)

Of the one's I don't know in person, some would be easy to pick out. For example, OIP would be the one picking pieces of meat off the grill to have with his sriracha, lightning would be the one sharing spliffs with Mister Hoarse, BlazingBolt would be the one wearing the "Bring Back Norv" t-shirt, and Yuba would be the one with a halo and accompanied by trumpet fanfares and choirs of angels.
            Also Yuba would be the one who is 5'4". I know he says he's 6'4", but....

Comment

Working...
            X