After that
    Patton is below avg
    Moore is slow
    Darius Jennings is too small

Jaylen Guyton on paper is nice.
    6'1 200. 4.35 speed

Tyron Johnson on paper is nice
    6'1 195. 4.35 speed.

I would like to see Telesco add more WR who are at around 6 feet and 200lb with speed like Conley 4.35 or Jennings Jr. 4.42

and cut Patton, Moore & Darius

:larry: :deadhorse:
    Good speed and size for both those guys!

Comment

• Antonio’s Gates
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      WR depth
      WR-Allen/Williams
      Slot-Reed/Hill

After that
      Patton is below avg
      Moore is slow

6'1 200. 4.35 speed

6'1 195. 4.35 speed.

I would like to see Telesco add more WR who are at around 6 feet and 200lb with speed like Conley 4.35 or Jennings Jr. 4.42

Cotton is 6’2 with sub 4.4 40 (albeit hand timed so probably not entirely accurate, but still looks faster on tape than Schoen)

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

I just read at nfl.com that Guyton, despite his size, gets pushed around by more physical cornerbacks. Well, Malcom Floyd got pushed around by d-backs but he was also a good long target for Rivers. Of course he was very athletic and tall too. So I don't know.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post

I remember being in the Tyrell fan club from the moment I saw his measurables and pro day numbers. I still remember how pissed I was when he was cut at the end of training camp. Luckily they snuck him on the PS but I still thought it was a dumb move.

I feel like I’m well on the way to developing a similar crush in Cotton.
          Oh yeah. I remember both you and I were extremely high on T-Will right from the day we picked him up. Seems like the Chargers would have learned after releasing Welker but... we got lucky getting him back though.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            WR depth
            WR-Allen/Williams
            Slot-Reed/Hill

After that
            Patton is below avg
            Moore is slow

6'1 200. 4.35 speed

6'1 195. 4.35 speed.

I like J. Moore and we have some intriguing guys with size speed in this year’s group of UDFAs to add to the competition. I don’t think we are done adding some more prospects.

Jeff Cotton.....

Cotton, a physical player who lined up inside and outside for the Vandals, hauled in 87 passes for 1,134 yards and seven touchdowns in 2019.

In his de facto pro day in Missoula last month, he said he clocked 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash, 4.21 in the short shuttle and his vertical leap measured 36 1/2 inches

“I’ve been telling everyone, ‘It just feels so good, knowing everything I’ve been through, everything my family’s been through.’ It’s amazing to get the opportunity to play at the highest level,” he said. “It’s something I’ve worked so hard for — endless practice, endless weightlifting, route-running, endless catching drills. It all paid off. It feels so good.”

Cotton said the Chargers were one of three teams heavily pursuing him. They had their attention attracted around the time of the Hula Bowl showcase in late January. Cotton didn’t record any catches at the Hawaii event — his quarterbacks didn’t help much, objectively speaking — but nonetheless met with an L.A. scout.

“It was great to experience an environment like that, and play in front of scouts,” he said. “After the Hula Bowl, that’s when I realized they were showing a lot of interest in me.”

The Chargers told Cotton over the phone they were eager to test out his speed, which he says has improved considerably since he finished his UI career. Cotton said he ran a 4.39 40-yard dash — a bump above the WR NFL combine average — at his pro day last month in Missoula, Mont.

“They need speed. They had a scout that actually knew I had speed, and a lot of others probably didn’t,” he said. “He knows I had it, so he said, ‘Come ready to play, and bring your speed.’ ”
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

“Justin Herbert is not it. That is not solving your problems… I can’t get on board with this draft strategy whatsoever.” — PFF’s Mike Renner

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams

It's going to take 3 1/2 years to figure out what kind of QB this kid is.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Tua 4.3%
                Hurts 5.0%
                Burrow 5.1%
                Love 14.1%
                Herbert 18.1%

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  “Justin Herbert is not it. That is not solving your problems… I can’t get on board with this draft strategy whatsoever.” — PFF’s Mike Renner

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams

It's going to take 3 1/2 years to figure out what kind of QB this kid is.
                  What if I can work it out with the Chargers that I get all throws from five to 15 yards and Herbert gets the rest? That could work.

Seriously though, I think Steve would say it's the feet. He probably doesn't work his feet correctly. And the aiming thing.

Comment

• Vtcory
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2020
                    • Send PM

I think people are seriously underestimating Tyrod Taylor. Is he elite? No. But he is much better than average and can take a team deep in the postseason if the pieces are around him which, aside from a OT and a speedy CB, I think they are. He won’t make many mistakes and with the weapons and D around him that he has lacked in the past, I expect big things this season.
                    Let Herbert sit, learn and prepare. If he is going have a shot to be great for us, let him come in with more confidence and more prep behind him. Help get some of the mental mistakes and speed of the games issues out of the way.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Vtcory View Post
                      I think people are seriously underestimating Tyrod Taylor. Is he elite? No. But he is much better than average and can take a team deep in the postseason if the pieces are around him which, aside from a OT and a speedy CB, I think they are. He won’t make many mistakes and with the weapons and D around him that he has lacked in the past, I expect big things this season.
                      Let Herbert sit, learn and prepare. If he is going have a shot to be great for us, let him come in with more confidence and more prep behind him. Help get some of the mental mistakes and speed of the games issues out of the way.
                      Xenos had an interesting post on Taylor and where he had success passing the ball on the field. The good news is he can make all the throws. But he seems to have a fear about throwing over the middle. Xenos speculated it might be because he's not tall enough to see over his linemen. But he just doesn't use the middle of the field much at all. To me, that would seem to make Taylor somewhat predictable and as a defense I would definitely cheat towards the sidelines or thereabouts when facing Taylor. It was a great post from Xenos.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Xenos, where is your awesome post with pictures of Tyrod Taylor from his Buffalo days and your comments on his strengths and weaknesses? It's a super long post due to the amount of pics/film shots but I loved it but can't find it.
                        Hey, it's back on page 3. And I do not take credit for things that I did not do. It was Daniel Popper's breakdown. Don't have time for a writeup like that anymore lol.
                        https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...480#post991480

Edit: now page 5

Last edited by Xenos; 04-28-2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Tua 4.3%
                          Hurts 5.0%
                          Burrow 5.1%
                          Love 14.1%
                          Herbert 18.1%
                          How many played with a/several quality wrs? The assumption that an uncatchable ball is on the QB is a very shaky premise.

Comment

Working...
                          X