• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asela
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
    I wouldnt like it even if it worked UNLESS tutu was completely uncovered.
    Even if it worked, I wouldn't have liked it in that situation. Just so hard to pick up that much yardage. After the penalty, they should've just punted.
    Last edited by Asela; 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      I think that's on the coaches. There has got to be a rule in place that doesn't allow for a fake on anything over 15 yards or something. It was 4TH AND 35 , he should not be able to audible there, regardless of how open Tutu might be. Weddle should have kicked it after he couldn't audible out of the original audible.
      This is why my work is filled with stupid rules and regulations people have to follow. Thank you Eric Weddle for doing something so stupid that now the Special Teams coach has to add 50 lines of rules on when a player should or should not call a fake punt.

:shrug:
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
        I can always appreciate an idle comment. nudge nudge wink wink say no more
        [ATTACH]502[/ATTACH]
        A nod's as good as a wink to a blind Hoarse logo:
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          This is why my work is filled with stupid rules and regulations people have to follow. Thank you Eric Weddle for doing something so stupid that now the Special Teams coach has to add 50 lines of rules on when a player should or should not call a fake punt.

:shrug:
          It' not all bad. Now, we can have Weddle start calling out fake signals in the punt formation and every team i going to wonder if he is calling a fake. He's done it before, but up until now everyone thought he was being completely sane and reasonable about it. Now they know we have a lunatic who thinks we can convert 4th and 35, so that open up just about every situation. And they have to defend and study every single one of them to make sure they are ready, wasting time that might be better spent studying a situation that might happen.

All we have to do to make it plausible is to have McCoy go nuts and/or call a time out late in the game when we have a game under control, and then have Weddle say something (no one would buy that MM lets anything slip).

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That Weddles, he's a go-er wink wink nudge nudge...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Centella
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              Not saying I agree or disagree, but it was a different era. The rules weren't nearly as QB friendly then as now.
              Quite right. I feel the same about Alworth. Even as great as Alworth was, think what he would have been under today's rules!

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                Not saying I agree or disagree, but it was a different era. The rules weren't nearly as QB friendly then as now.
                I just used that line in a different thread. Yes. More difficult then. Rivers is still better than Fouts was.

Comment

Working...
                X