• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

theNFLForum i joined in 2001 and then all our data got erased and we had to sign up again in 2002 then shortly after that in 2002 is when i first saw you in there.
    Shamrock was a UT Mod before going to CMB. Roo as well. Shamrock really became pretty strict as time went on in CMB where he wasnt like that at the UT. He would warn you if you posted using Tapatalk and your post said Tapatalk at the end of it and wanted you to take it off.....lol. I was like, who cares? Its an app, but he insisted.

Not trying to say bad things, as i havent seen him in a while. Just dont know what happened at the CMB.
    I never followed the CMB. I did at times to keep up with my friend David Katz. Posted there a lot. He and i belonged to a small group of men that battled trauma related depression. He was an Israeli Paratrooper. Badass dude. RIP.

Shamrock loved to go to the CMB when we couldnt find answers to off topic questions at TNFLF. He liked the OT stuff. One time i caught a snake in my daughters bedroom and he went and asked the CBM guys for help. Turned into a big discussion. lol.

Good times. I hope he is well.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Where did Powerslave go? The greasing himself on the first date story almost ruptured my spleen

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
        Where did Powerslave go? The greasing himself on the first date story almost ruptured my spleen
        Lancer moved to Vegas and became a teacher. I stayed in touch for a while. Its been a few years.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
          He's still chasing that turd nugget
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

theNFLForum i joined in 2001 and then all our data got erased and we had to sign up again in 2002 then shortly after that in 2002 is when i first saw you in there.
            Shamrock was a UT Mod before going to CMB. Roo as well. Shamrock really became pretty strict as time went on in CMB where he wasnt like that at the UT. He would warn you if you posted using Tapatalk and your post said Tapatalk at the end of it and wanted you to take it off.....lol. I was like, who cares? Its an app, but he insisted.

Not trying to say bad things, as i havent seen him in a while. Just dont know what happened at the CMB.
            He sure did, which was really funny because he was part of a really big Off Topic crew that bailed on the place because of a tightening of the rules and went to Bolt Talk as a result. And the even funnier part about him suddenly becoming a super strict mod, was the fact that he'd constantly link his twitter account that was littered with swearing. His hypocrisy was staggering.

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post
              Off Topic crew that bailed on the place
              Easily worse thing that happened was that fallout. Really a bummer. I never really understood it beyond a back and forth that had roots in the UT forums.

How many of those guys are around? So many good guys.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                Day One...
                • Mar 2019
                • Brentwood, 94513
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                I hope my avatar don't disturb anyone...
                Yes, that was my infraction early on CMB. I use to change it weekly and thought it was in good taste. However a mod asked me to stop. Oh well, some ppl.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post

Yes, that was my infraction early on CMB. I use to change it weekly and thought it was in good taste. However a mod asked me to stop. Oh well, some ppl.
                  Thats why i was banned. I had a Powderblues avatar. lol

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Easily worse thing that happened was that fallout. Really a bummer. I never really understood it beyond a back and forth that had roots in the UT forums.

How many of those guys are around? So many good guys.
                    I know that a good number of them posted in the Off Topic equivalent on Bolt Talk up until Deano decided to take his ball and play elsewhere. I use to live for those early Off Topic days. Shame it ended the way it did.

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

I know that a good number of them posted in the Off Topic equivalent on Bolt Talk up until Deano decided to take his ball and play elsewhere. I use to live for those early Off Topic days. Shame it ended the way it did.
                      So they (mostly) stopped when the team moved? Can't blame 'em...dark days. I'm still here, but even then it's not the same. Probably never will be. Too bad. Hell of a run.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

So they (mostly) stopped when the team moved? Can't blame 'em...dark days. I'm still here, but even then it's not the same. Probably never will be. Too bad. Hell of a run.
                        I believe so. I honestly haven't spent much time there since the move. It was always a bit loose over there, and it quickly turned into a festering shit hole of trolls once they went to LA. However, in the few times I did log on to see what was up, I didn't see much of anything from the old group. But Blue, DFW, Jack and a couple others whose names are avoiding me at the moment posted up until the end. Conc was even a mod there and active poster as well.

Those days were so crazy. There wasn't a time where you logged on, no matter the hour, and couldn't find several separate discussions going on in multiple threads.

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

I believe so. I honestly haven't spent much time there since the move. It was always a bit loose over there, and it quickly turned into a festering shit hole of trolls once they went to LA. However, in the few times I did log on to see what was up, I didn't see much of anything from the old group. But Blue, DFW, Jack and a couple others whose names are avoiding me at the moment posted up until the end. Conc was even a mod there and active poster as well.

Those days were so crazy. There wasn't a time where you logged on, no matter the hour, and couldn't find several separate discussions going on in multiple threads.
                          Yeah, I tried for a bit to go over there...life may have interfered. DFW I've seen around (here or proboards, not sure), but I was lucky enough to meet him briefly at a game with Shammy. Good guy. Well, who knows...maybe some will pop up here or there. I do miss my Kiwi though

Comment

Working...
                          X