• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Thanks guys. We will recover. Its just a couple days worth of posts. And like many have said its our dead period. Most guys who work on VB and even our server stuff are in europe. Getting times lined up is tough. I have to be awake at 2 am sometimes just to get the help i need from my german tech. The upgrade was done while i was sleeping. I had some cpanel warnings in my spam folder that would have alerted me that something was happening. They were tinkering and getting it set up for us....but i never check my spam folder. So i didnt see that we were being upgraded.

Its all good. In the end we got a new killer server.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Here is a Gush (rest in peace) style summary of all the missing posts:

- A bunch of big kids jogged out of the Charger facility and onto 'the grass' wearing shirts that looked too small for them and sunglasses while holding their fingers in various formations that must symbolize something to other big kids
      - The bunch of big kids jogged around in shorts and sunglasses at the Charger facility on the grass. Some bent down and then stood up all at once simultaneously!
      - A bunch of older guys, dressed like the big kids (but thankfully in shirts closer to true size), followed the big kids around and blew whistles and clapped hands.
      - The kids later talked to computer screens about things they worked on during the 'off season' and how much they like the 'vibe' of the older guys dressed like the big kids who were handclapping and whistling
      - The older guys later talked to computer screens about the big kids but said they really cannot tell how good the big kids are or how well the whistling and handclapping worked because all they are doing is jogging around in shorts and sunglasses. Did I tell you that already? Are you still reading this?

TG

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
        Fleet commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL
    • PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Fleet don't worry man, we're all good. Like others I didn't even notice.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

TPB still lives

I still post

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Thanks guys. We will recover. Its just a couple days worth of posts. And like many have said its our dead period. Most guys who work on VB and even our server stuff are in europe. Getting times lined up is tough. I have to be awake at 2 am sometimes just to get the help i need from my german tech. The upgrade was done while i was sleeping. I had some cpanel warnings in my spam folder that would have alerted me that something was happening. They were tinkering and getting it set up for us....but i never check my spam folder. So i didnt see that we were being upgraded.

Its all good. In the end we got a new killer server.
          We Did It Reaction GIF

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            TPB still lives

I still post
            free freedom GIF

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Years ago in a popular game forum, such a thing happened. In a tongue-in-cheek way, members made a huge deal about it. Almost like that day was comparable to 9-11 or 4/21. “We’re you there when it happened?” “We shall never forget that day.” Almost like that one day was to be enshrined forever more. All said in seriousness, but not really. Gamers on forums can get like that. Heh, it was only a one day outrage.
              Last edited by Caslon; 06-08-2021, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                Years ago in a popular game forum, such a thing happened. In a tongue-in-cheek way, members made a huge deal about it. Almost like that day was comparable to 9-11 or 4/21. “We’re you there when it happened?” “We shall never forget that day.” Almost like that one day was to be enshrined forever more. All said in seriousness, but not really. Gamers on forums can get like that. Heh, it was only a one day outrage.
                Well, think of it...for a lot of gamers, something like that is a big highlight...sad, but true...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Quacksaw is going to file a lawsuit, on the grounds that the outage cut into his 15 minutes of fame.

La Mesa! Can you believe it! Escondido! I can't either! Chula Vista! EYE want to see YOUR outrage! Some perfectly good posts that paid tribute to me, myself, and moi were recklessly lost on the Powder Blues Forum! For those of you too ignorant to be 'in the know'-- like *EYE* am-- the Powder Blues forum is for fans of blues music that was inspired by snorting cocaine. Pacific Beach! Light up those lines! Oceanside! Give me a call, I'm begging you!"
                  Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 06-09-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Ok so if you request a password change you wont get the email for it. Probably wont get the email for any PMs as well. Working on this.

Sorry.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Email issue should be resolved.

Comment

Working...
                      X