• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Im just going to pay for the Sucuri Security. The owner must not have felt it was a good trade off. And never got back to me. He did send me the link to the discounted price though. So hopefully they can help us. At least we wont have to put a sponsor logo on our banner.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Just checked it again... and it came up correctly. I did not clear my cache either. (thought I would try it, without clearing it, first.)
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Sweet.

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Fleet,
          You still might run into the same issues I did with the ftp not giving a directory listing and timing out. I can try it again, but seems like after several attempts I get blacklisted for a day by the server. Makes it difficult to work through the issues.

[Edit: Nevermind, saw the thread further down. Stoked you got it all worked out!]
          Last edited by Wheels; 04-06-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Haha nice. Now we need to figure out how to get google to recognize us with various searches other than "Chargers Forum" Ive got all sorts of things added to the meta box but google dosnt use meta tags i dont think.

Comment

• Wheels
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

I think the content should work on it's own. Since the topics are very relevant, maybe just give google time to index. Google was being told by the malware that thepowderblues.com was now over on that hacker's site.

Another help is to have links coming from other sites to thepowderblues.com with good ranking of their own.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                I think the content should work on it's own. Since the topics are very relevant, maybe just give google time to index. Google was being told by the malware that thepowderblues.com was now over on that hacker's site.

Another help is to have links coming from other sites to thepowderblues.com with good ranking of their own.
                I was wondering if i purchased another domain and redirected it here if thats even possible? Because i had one in mind.

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  I was wondering if i purchased another domain and redirected it here if thats even possible? Because i had one in mind.
                  Redirects don't do much to help. The back links help because google considers the ranking of the site they're coming from and whether those rankings help to improve your rankings. A redirect is basically just saying the site has moved from here to there.

I do want to say I'm not really an SEO expert. It's an industry that's more art than science, and there are a ton of snake oil salesmen. But the basic tenets are that if you have good relevant content, and a decent amount of backlinks, you'll get some juice in the search engines. Since this site is content based, I imagine you'll get decent ranking pretty soon.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                    Redirects don't do much to help. The back links help because google considers the ranking of the site they're coming from and whether those rankings help to improve your rankings. A redirect is basically just saying the site has moved from here to there.

I do want to say I'm not really an SEO expert. It's an industry that's more art than science, and there are a ton of snake oil salesmen. But the basic tenets are that if you have good relevant content, and a decent amount of backlinks, you'll get some juice in the search engines. Since this site is content based, I imagine you'll get decent ranking pretty soon.
                    Thanks. Ill have to look into those backlinks.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Google rankings is a black art, but they do give you a few clues. However, I don't think we can ever one-up the UT or others that have years' more content than we have. Just getting on the first page is enough to drive people here.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Unfortunately i fear that many potential new users will search for LA Chargers and we dont show up at all.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Unfortunately i fear that many potential new users will search for LA Chargers and we dont show up at all.
                          LA Chargers forums and discussions yield no first page hits unfortunately. You may have to include the words "Los Angeles" and "LA" in the titles to get there.

Comment

Working...
                          X