• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FiftyFive
    Dean Spanos is a traitor!
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Back to reality for Dean's awful team!

I never thought I'd say this, but... thank you, Patriots!
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

I forgot where the new came from.....but Jerry Jones is trying to have Goodell fired.

one of the reasons was the way he handled the la situation.

interesting.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

One of the articles I read about Jerrah was the speculation he could be the next commissioner.

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The NFL is a BrazilianTelenovela and this week's episode is about the NFL Commissioner's contract extension.

They gotta have a story to keep ratings up during the week.
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
          I forgot where the new came from.....but Jerry Jones is trying to have Goodell fired.

one of the reasons was the way he handled the la situation.

interesting.
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
            The NFL is a BrazilianTelenovela and this week's episode is about the NFL Commissioner's contract extension.

They gotta have a story to keep ratings up during the week.

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• rustybolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2017
              • Send PM

IMO with this loss it means the Chargers would have to go 5-3 over the last 8 games just to finish 8-8. I don't see that happening. Next up they have the Jags followed by the Bills. They won't be pushovers like in past years. Both are playing better ball than the Chargers.with records the exact opposite of the Chargers.

Lets say for sake of argument that the Chargers split those two games. Not unreasonable IMO. Then they still have to play the Cowboys, Redskins and Chiefs. The way the Chargers are playing I don't see wins there. Thats why I think at best they go 4-4 over the last 8 games giving them a 7-9 final record. Sorry Bolts but that simply isn't going to cut in in LA when they have the Dodgers, USC, UCLA, Lakers and most of all the Rams at 6-2 at the top of the NFCW. The battle for LA is over and the Chargers are irrelevant in that city.

Ticket sales to the brokers will be down next year that you can be sure. At least two more years of no home games. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if River's retired. It will be interesting to see what the NFL does in the off season. This franchise is a complete failure and embarrassment to the league. The Browns are a joke but they at least have a fan base. The Chargers have no fan base in LA or San Diego under the current ownership. It will be interesting to see if they are declared insolvent by the league.

The NFL has to know that the only way to salvage this franchise is to move it back to San Diego under new ownership. Most fans IMO would return in San Diego if the team were under new ownership. This off season will be the most important in the franchise's history. If the NFL doesn't pull the plug on the Spanos family this eye sore will continue to fester and only get worse in a huge new stadium. It's clear that the Chargers can't draw in LA particularly with a losing record. It's clear that the John Spanos, Tom Telesco experiment is a complete failure. The NFL can't dictate who is in the FO but they sure can have a say in who owns the franchise.

I think both Doug Manchester and Eli Broad will lobby for ownership or at least majority control of the Charger franchise. I simply can't see how the NFL can continue to allow this fiasco to continue. So I think both parties will have receptive audiences among the NFL owners.

Comment

• KNSD
                KNSD commented
                Editing a comment
                I think your only hope is if the NFL TV ratings continue to tank and the networks demand to pay less for NFL broadcasting rights. That *might* be enough to force the Spanos family to sell. But who knows? TV revenue is soooo large. Stadium revenue - while somewhat important - simply isn't the big pole in the revenue tent.
            • SteveInCbad
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Their only wins have come against the Giants who are a disaster, the Broncos at home whose offense is pitiful and the Raiders on the road who are mediocre at best. The Browns, Jets, Redskins and Raiders could be wins, but I think the Raider fans will take over the soccer stadium and gain home field advantage. The other games should be losses

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Watching the Giants implode has been fun

the Skins are a tough team, that was a grinder Sunday against the Hawks

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
                  IMO with this loss it means the Chargers would have to go 5-3 over the last 8 games just to finish 8-8. I don't see that happening. Next up they have the Jags followed by the Bills. They won't be pushovers like in past years. Both are playing better ball than the Chargers.with records the exact opposite of the Chargers.

Lets say for sake of argument that the Chargers split those two games. Not unreasonable IMO. Then they still have to play the Cowboys, Redskins and Chiefs. The way the Chargers are playing I don't see wins there. Thats why I think at best they go 4-4 over the last 8 games giving them a 7-9 final record. Sorry Bolts but that simply isn't going to cut in in LA when they have the Dodgers, USC, UCLA, Lakers and most of all the Rams at 6-2 at the top of the NFCW. The battle for LA is over and the Chargers are irrelevant in that city.

Ticket sales to the brokers will be down next year that you can be sure. At least two more years of no home games. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if River's retired. It will be interesting to see what the NFL does in the off season. This franchise is a complete failure and embarrassment to the league. The Browns are a joke but they at least have a fan base. The Chargers have no fan base in LA or San Diego under the current ownership. It will be interesting to see if they are declared insolvent by the league.

The NFL has to know that the only way to salvage this franchise is to move it back to San Diego under new ownership. Most fans IMO would return in San Diego if the team were under new ownership. This off season will be the most important in the franchise's history. If the NFL doesn't pull the plug on the Spanos family this eye sore will continue to fester and only get worse in a huge new stadium. It's clear that the Chargers can't draw in LA particularly with a losing record. It's clear that the John Spanos, Tom Telesco experiment is a complete failure. The NFL can't dictate who is in the FO but they sure can have a say in who owns the franchise.

I think both Doug Manchester and Eli Broad will lobby for ownership or at least majority control of the Charger franchise. I simply can't see how the NFL can continue to allow this fiasco to continue. So I think both parties will have receptive audiences among the NFL owners.
                  Here is what needs to happen:

the death tax needs to be repealed(current tax plan does on the House) which would incentives the Spanos to sell.

the nfl would 24 owners to force dean to sell.

and Manchester and Eli need to have the coin and will to do so.

the 1st one seems likely, the next two not so much.

what evidence do you ha e that
                  manchester would even sell?

Comment

• rustybolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2017
                    • Send PM

First of all Eli and Doug have both indicated their desire to have at least an ownership interest in the Chargers. Both have far deeper pockets than the Charger family with supporting outside the NFL business income, something the Spanos family doesn't have. Both have indicated they would be willing to build their own stadium out of their own pocket and have the means to do so. To simply pass this off as mere speculation is to fly in the face of what has already happened.

The Spanos family owns the Charger franchise, but like all businesses, the League i.e. NFL owns and controls the franchise. Like any business, if a franchise is deemed insolvent by the league that franchise can be rescinded and reassigned.The players are under contract to both the NFL and the Charger franchise. Their contract follows who ever owns the franchise. If the NFL owners want the Spanos family out then they have the means to do so under certain circumstances. One of those circumstances I'm sure is insolvency. The Chargers can't sellout a 27K seat stadium. 2/3 or better of the fans at the games are from the opposing teams. The NFL takes a portion of the gate and it's clear they are losing money compared to the Q. IMO this means the criteria has probably been met, particularly when you factor in that most of their seats are sold to brokers who will be wary next year following a poor demand the first year coupled with a losing season. No one in LA is going to purchase Charger tickets at perhaps the highest prices in the NFL to see a team that at best projects to be an 8-8 team. Not when they can pay less to see the contender Rams in the same market.

IMO the only thing that remains in question is if the NFL will stand pat. IMO if either of Broad or Manchester puts a full court press on the issue, the owners greed will do the rest. They will look like heroes returning the franchise to SD, while gaining a shiny new stadium as well. It's all about money, and with Spanos it's clear that the financial future is murky at best.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
                      First of all Eli and Doug have both indicated their desire to have at least an ownership interest in the Chargers. Both have far deeper pockets than the Charger family with supporting outside the NFL business income, something the Spanos family doesn't have. Both have indicated they would be willing to build their own stadium out of their own pocket and have the means to do so. To simply pass this off as mere speculation is to fly in the face of what has already happened.

The Spanos family owns the Charger franchise, but like all businesses, the League i.e. NFL owns and controls the franchise. Like any business, if a franchise is deemed insolvent by the league that franchise can be rescinded and reassigned.The players are under contract to both the NFL and the Charger franchise. Their contract follows who ever owns the franchise. If the NFL owners want the Spanos family out then they have the means to do so under certain circumstances. One of those circumstances I'm sure is insolvency. The Chargers can't sellout a 27K seat stadium. 2/3 or better of the fans at the games are from the opposing teams. The NFL takes a portion of the gate and it's clear they are losing money compared to the Q. IMO this means the criteria has probably been met, particularly when you factor in that most of their seats are sold to brokers who will be wary next year following a poor demand the first year coupled with a losing season. No one in LA is going to purchase Charger tickets at perhaps the highest prices in the NFL to see a team that at best projects to be an 8-8 team. Not when they can pay less to see the contender Rams in the same market.

IMO the only thing that remains in question is if the NFL will stand pat. IMO if either of Broad or Manchester puts a full court press on the issue, the owners greed will do the rest. They will look like heroes returning the franchise to SD, while gaining a shiny new stadium as well. It's all about money, and with Spanos it's clear that the financial future is murky at best.
                      dude, you're flat out WRONG on numerous. counts here. The NFL does NOT get a cut of the gate receipts! The Chargers are the HIGHEST priced tickets in the NFL now and reportedly making the same amount as they did at the Q. The charge MORE for parking and concessions and advertising in LA. The current TV contract alone pays all player salaries with $ left over. No rational person would keep claiming they are insolvent with nothing more than personal flawed speculation. I know you are new around here, but if you want to be taken seriously, you need to provide actual proof and evidence to back up your assertions, and the more the better.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                      X