Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Its frickin zombies. They should be able to put together awesome stories. Its zombies.
    Are you saying the majority of zombie stories are awesome?

I am fan of the genre and I think the majority stink but it doesn't take much for me to like one. What are the great zombie stories in your view?

Have you read the Walking Dead series? Curious if you think that does it better than the TV show.

Zombies is the main draw for me on the show. The zombies are awesome. It is an awesome zombie show for me even if it is not the greatest television show.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
      Are you saying the majority of zombie stories are awesome?

I am fan of the genre and I think the majority stink but it doesn't take much for me to like one. What are the great zombie stories in your view?
      Dead Alive, Dawn of the Dead, Reanimator, Army of Darkness, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Cemetary Man, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead, Rec and Pontypool
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

A large number of those I would not consider zombie movies, that's a loose classification.

For dawn, you like Snyder and Romero?

In prefer 28 weeks later to days.

I only seen the American rec, still planning on watching the Spanish version.

Pontypool, didn't really like it and they weren't zombies.

How can you put army on there and leave out the evil deads?

I mostly approve of this list, but there is still a ton of bad stuff too.

I would highly recommend telltales walking dead game. You can play it on ios or anything, it's more of a movie/story than a video game.
        Last edited by BlazingBolt; 11-09-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

For Dawn I prefer Romero because that's te one I grew up with but the remake was too bad. It had its ups and downs.

I don't like 28 weeks. It falls apart halfway through. 28 days had a solid plot all the way through.

If Pontypool is not zombies than neither is Rec or the Evil Deads. I consider the first two as just different takes on the zombie genre.

I don't play video games
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Technically evil dead are demonic possessions not undead.

28 days is the rage virus. I personally felt the first movie is the one that falls apart halfway through. Everything after they get to the soldiers I didn't really like. It's been 28 days, a few weeks, and soldiers are getting rapey already? That Part has pretty much nothing to do with the infected.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              Technically evil dead are demonic possessions not undead.

28 days is the rage virus. I personally felt the first movie is the one that falls apart halfway through. Everything after they get to the soldiers I didn't really like. It's been 28 days, a few weeks, and soldiers are getting rapey already? That Part has pretty much nothing to do with the infected.
              The soldier part is the best part. It show that humans are scarier that the zombies. It creates a far more horrific outcome. That these men are meant to rebuild the population and have been promised women to ensure that.
              Last edited by oneinchpunch; 11-10-2013, 12:21 AM.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Yeah.... No. That part didn't work for me at all. Superman saves women from rape? Didn't work well and seemed like a totally different movie than the cool one I had been watching to that point.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Last nights walking dead was actually a really good episode, best one in awhile and certainly the best this season.

How successful is the show? Well if you consider the ratings....

The Walking Dead‘s ratings are big. Like really, really big.
                  It’s actually become a tad difficult to describe how big they are. AMC’s zombie drama is huge among total viewers — averaging nearly 19.9 million per episode when including seven days of DVR playback. But what’s truly stunning is the show’s adults 18-49 rating, the number that matters most to advertisers. That most recent average rating — a 10.3 with DVR — is second to nothing. Which makes comparisons tricky. So I put together this guide to give The Walking Dead‘s dominance some perspective. Note: Every show’s average below is only counting episodes with seven full days of DVR playback available, so this uses everybody’s largest currently available demo rating.

• The Walking Dead is 23 percent bigger among adults 18-49 than NBC’s Sunday Night Football (8.4), which is broadcast’s top rated weekly telecast.

• The biggest entertainment nowadays is CBS’ The Big Bang Theory (7.7), which has more viewers than The Walking Dead. But its demo rating is nowhere close.

• You know ABC’s Scandal (4.8)? One of the biggest hits on TV, right? Well, The Walking Dead doubles its rating.

• In fact, The Walking Dead is about equal to almost five episodes of CBS’ The Mentalist (2.3).

• And seven episodes of NBC’s Sean Saves the World (1.5).

• You can fit about nine episodes of The CW’s Arrow (1.1), Comedy Central’s The Daily Show (1.1), TNT’s Franklin & Bash (1.0) or HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (1.2) inside The Walking Dead.

• Or roughly 51 episodes of Fox News’ Hannity (0.19).

Okay! I feel like you get the point. It beats everything. So what IS bigger than The Walking Dead?

Well, we would need to travel back in time to find a regularly scheduled entertainment program that beats how The Walking Dead has performed at the start of its fourth season. Broadcast ratings have been shrinking over the years, and even the increasing use of adding seven days of DVR playback into the ratings doesn’t change that trend.

So how about we do that? Let’s go back in time to find a show that beats these L7 ratings of The Walking Dead. Broadcast executives will howl at this because we’re comparing The Walking Dead‘s first couple episodes, which will be higher rated than most, to the full-season averages of their shows. By the end of the season, The Walking Dead‘s average will almost certainly be lower than it is now. But hey: The show is on cable, with smaller distribution than the big broadcasters. And this is merely to demonstrate how big The Walking Dead is at its recent peak.

So last season? Some show’s average rating including DVR probably beats The Walking Dead’s start of season 4, right?

No.

Okay, What about the season before that?

Nope.

And what about the season before THAT?

Getting warmer! But no.

Wow. And the next season? Where are we at now? That’s 2009-10 right?

Yes.

Yes? A show beats The Walking Dead?

No. You asked what season we’re at. Yes, 2009-10 is correct.

So… does any show beat The Walking Dead?

No.

C’mon, really? And the 2008-9 season?

Let’s see here … the chart, says ….. No. But we’re getting super close! Keep going.

Should I even ask? What about the next season?

Yes.

Really?

Yes. When including seven days of DVR playback, Fox’s American Idol on Tuesday (11.3) and Wednesday nights (10.8) in the 2007-08 season beats the start of The Walking Dead season 4, yes.

Does anything else besides American Idol that year beat The Walking Dead?

No.

What about the season before that?

No. And do you really want to start this again? Because we’re now losing Live+7. From 2004-05 and going into the past, we only have ratings for the night a show airs, like we’re prehistoric savages beating TV ratings out of a Nielsen People Meter with a club.

Well, I’m curious … 2004-05 season: Anything beat The Walking Dead? Isn’t Friends on yet?

Desperate Housewives barely edges it out with a 10.4. And no.

When was the last year before that a non-Idol TV series had a higher 18-49 average rating than 10.3?

That would be 2002-03 — Fox’s Joe Millionaire (12.1) and the second-to-last final season of NBC’s Friends (10.4).

What else from the past beats The Walking Dead?

Lot of stuff once you start going back in time, stripping away all those cable channels and the Internet, when broadcast ratings were enormous. Like:

• The second season of CBS’ Survivor (12.6) beats The Walking Dead.

• The final season of Seinfeld (18.0) in 97-98 completely trounces The Walking Dead.

• And if you go all the way back to 1995-96, even shows like NBC’s Caroline in the City (14.0) and Single Guy (12.6) beat The Walking Dead.

Point is: The Walking Dead‘s ratings? They are really big.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Big Bear
                    • Self-employed property manager.
                    • Send PM

I have watched The Walking Dead since the beginning, but this season sucks and I'm losing interest. The zombie killing was cool at first, now it's just become tedious. The story isn't interesting enough this season, and I'm getting close to calling it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                      I have watched The Walking Dead since the beginning, but this season sucks and I'm losing interest. The zombie killing was cool at first, now it's just become tedious. The story isn't interesting enough this season, and I'm getting close to calling it.
                      I really like this season so far. There's an internal threat that hasn't been there before, seems like the group is getting pretty fragmented emotionally, and the Governor is back now on top of all the other stuff that's going on.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                        I've got the past 2 episodes on the DVR but haven't been compelled to watch them. All the people on my Facebook that go crazy over every episode have gone silent so I'm not expecting much from the episodes.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Screeme
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

So.. new season is several months in.. has anybody picked up anything new?

I think Brooklyn Nine-Nine and the Goldbergs are both decent. Not great, but they're amusing, and can possibly grow into really funny shows. Nothing else has really stuck for me.

I really wanted to like Sleepy Hollow and The Crazy Ones but I don't really like either one. Same with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which I've found to be OK.

Comment

Working...
                          X