• Show
Clear All
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Anybody check out The Knick yet? I really like it. I'm a pushover for period pieces. I also watched Ken Burns' documentary on Mark Twain. Very long, but excellent. Not much else going on out there. Hell on Wheels is still watchable, but it's starting to get silly in places. Still like it, though.

Another one I really like is Rush US. The guy's always getting himself into all kinds of shit.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

RIP Joan Rivers, 81

Comment

• KarlC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
        I also watched Ken Burns' documentary on Mark Twain. Very long, but excellent.
        I saw that, too. I guess it was a re-air, but I missed the 1st showing? Anyway, it was good. The Discovery Family Networks execs have apparently remembered they have more channels than DicoveryID, since there have been a few completely new episodes and shows on Science channel and the new Military channel: AHC *eyeroll* .

Someone earlier mentioned Unexplained Files or whatever it's called. There was just an ep with possible 10k year-old pyramids in the Balkans that I liked a lot. How the Universe Works ended after only 6 or so new excellent eps. There's Man vs. the Universe (3 eps so far- good stuff).

AHC had one of the best new documentaries on WW1 just end. WW1 Apocalypse or Apocalypse WW1. Anyhoo, it was good stuff. They also have Gunslingers, Mafia's Greatest Hits, and Hardcore Heroes that I've been keeping up on. All good stuff, if a bit dumbed-down. For airline-disaster aficionados, they have Chaos in the Skies, which is really good on the csi-side.

Finally caught up on The Last Ship. I know it's just cheap-ass cable tv fare, but the last few eps gave me a lump (no, not in my testicles or my man-boobs).

Been watching You're the Worst on FX the last few weeks. I like it a lot, which means it will get cancelled, of course.

Crap, just found out Venture Bros. won't start new eps again until next year. Possibly the funniest show I've ever seen. The people who make it should be billionaires. *humbug*

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers for Defiance S2 Ep 08...

w00t! The hawt sister is alive! As old and jaded as I am, I did not see that coming. Nolan better bang her brains out for a homecoming.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Checking out Z Nation on Sci-Fi - sorry, See-Fee - On Demand.

I tried out Walking Dead a few months back, and it just didn't do it for me. This one, however, is good stuff. Dunno why the B-movie grade stuff appeals to me so much more than what is supposed to be the "quality" shows like WD on AMC, but Z Nation is pretty damn good. Only 2 eps so far, but I'm liking this.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Here's the song by itself.

Comment

• KarlC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Watched Z-Nation tonight. Waiting for the re-air of AHC's latest WW1 documentary War to End All Wars.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

This particular episode of "Iyanla: Fix my Life" is pretty sad really. But also a little humorous. It's the fourth show on this one dude (Jay Williams) who fathered 34 children with 17 women. That he knows of I'm guessing. She also did a show in Ferguson, MO that was very good regarding the unsatisfied people who live there and the police. Really a great episode IMO.

"A Penus Between Us"

For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

"Outlander" on the Starz Channel is pretty good. They're eight episodes in so far and it's a pretty cool drama/romance involving time travel and Scottish Highlanders and the British Army. And you have a beautiful Irish actress/model as the central figure. I love the way she moves. I know those are song lyrics somewhere but in this case it's true. This girl knows how to move! Very feminine.

This young lady...

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Longmire gets cancelled...

Walt Longmire bonus: "Longmire" had clever writing, was a police show with little gunfire, and was rare for network television in incorporating American Indian themes. The series was just canceled despite being a ratings hit -- "Longmire" was A&E Network's highest-rated scripted show, with more viewers than AMC's "Mad Men." So why was it axed? The Wall Street Journal reported A&E didn't like that the show's fan base was not young and trendy, with a median age of 60. Considering that millennials are tuning out television, while the TV-addicted baby boomers are starting to retire, soon networks will be lining up to buy shows whose median viewer is only 60 years old! Because producers, looking at the healthy ratings, assumed "Longmire" would be renewed, last season's finale was a cliffhanger. Now viewers will never find out what happened. The writers will never find out, either.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Big Bear
                          • Self-employed property manager.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                          Longmire gets cancelled...

Walt Longmire bonus: "Longmire" had clever writing, was a police show with little gunfire, and was rare for network television in incorporating American Indian themes. The series was just canceled despite being a ratings hit -- "Longmire" was A&E Network's highest-rated scripted show, with more viewers than AMC's "Mad Men." So why was it axed? The Wall Street Journal reported A&E didn't like that the show's fan base was not young and trendy, with a median age of 60. Considering that millennials are tuning out television, while the TV-addicted baby boomers are starting to retire, soon networks will be lining up to buy shows whose median viewer is only 60 years old! Because producers, looking at the healthy ratings, assumed "Longmire" would be renewed, last season's finale was a cliffhanger. Now viewers will never find out what happened. The writers will never find out, either.
                          Bummer. I watched the first two seasons on Netflix, guess I'll see the third sometime and that will be that. Maybe it will get picked up by another network. I guess A&E will probably churn out some Duck Dynasty spinoff instead.

Comment

Working...
                          X