• captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    I just started Stranger Things. So far its great
    Just finished it tonight. Can't wait for season 2.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
      Just finished it tonight. Can't wait for season 2.
      So many options. So many questions. So good.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Damn, not til next year. Looks like only 8 episodes again.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Finished "The Night Of". Which was pretty darn good. Some people didn't like the final episode, but I liked it!
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
            Damn, not til next year. Looks like only 8 episodes again.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Stranger Things was so good. I just finished it. The soundtrack and that 80s synthwave is epic. Big synth fan.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Also just finished Roadies. really good.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                  Finished "The Night Of". Which was pretty darn good. Some people didn't like the final episode, but I liked it!

Really enjoyed that. The ending seemed just right. I was thinking he'd get killed in prison before his trial would end.

I wonder what people wanted the ending to be. Maybe that he wouldn't still be addicted to crack on the outside? Whatever. It was a perfect ending IMO.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Stranger Things was fuckin awesome!
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      Stranger Things was fuckin awesome!
                      I started watching the first episode, but there were too many kids. I don't like shows that involve kids with any major roles. Any chance an alien comes and sucks them right out of the show? Which episode is that in? That's when I'll start to watch.

I got a bunch of friends who like that movie, The Professional. I could never make it through it.

I liked The Bad News Bears, but I was probably 10 the last time I watched. I bet I'd hate it now.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
                        I started watching the first episode, but there were too many kids. I don't like shows that involve kids with any major roles. Any chance an alien comes and sucks them right out of the show? Which episode is that in? That's when I'll start to watch.

I got a bunch of friends who like that movie, The Professional. I could never make it through it.

I liked The Bad News Bears, but I was probably 10 the last time I watched. I bet I'd hate it now.
                        Any fan of 80's movies would love this series:

SPOILERS!!!!!

A look at precisely how Netflix's 'Stranger Things' paid homage to 1980s films such as "E.T," "The Goonies," "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "WarGames."

Here are but a few of the memorable films that The Duffer Brothers (often purposely, as shared in interviews) paid homage to as they crafted this upside down adventure. Big, fat, bold and red spoiler alert!

The Goonies | The very premise of Mike (aka “Frogface”), Dustin/”Toothless” and Lucas (did the bullies award him a rude nickname?) embarking on this increasingly wild journey undoubtedly surfaced memories STRANGER-THINGS-BIKESof the 1985 adventure saga.

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial | Though Eleven — who, like E.T., was bestowed with a nickname by her finders — was not an extraterrestrial per se, her story checked many of the same boxes as the 1982 Spielberg heart-tugger, from the scary men in hazmat suits out to capture her, to playing “dress up” as a disguise, to levitating household objects/friends, to using her powers at critical times — though she opts to flip the baddies’ cars instead of float over them.

Poltergeist | A desperate stranger-things-netflixJoyce struggling to carry on a dialogue across dimensional planes with a staticky, far-off Will was very akin to how the Freeling family communicated with Carol Anne through their TV back in ’82.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind | In this 1977 classic, a single mother in Indiana, desperate to retrieve her missing son, is aided by a resourceful andsimilarly invested-slash-obsessed man. Sounds like Joyce and Hopp, to us.

A Nightmare on Elm Street | For one, you had kids trying to summon an ominous entity who was able to reach out to grab you through seemingly latex walls. But also think about the Upside Down world, which with its stark, dark mirroring of humdrum Hawkins was similar to how Freddy would pull us into a topsy-turvy dreamscape.STRANGER-THINGS-ELEVEN

Carrie, Firestarter | Eleven’s initially reluctant ability to use her mad mental powers during times of stress/anger echoed her Stephen King-sired sisters.

Stand by Me | If the idea of a bunch of young boys setting out on a journey to solve a dark mystery didn’t immediately drum up memories of the 1986 Stephen King adaptation, surely their walk along a railroad track drove it home for you. Rest assured, horrormeister King himself is a fan of the series:

Watching STRANGER THINGS is looking watching Steve King's Greatest Hits. I mean that in a good way.
                        — Stephen King (@StephenKing) July 17, 2016

STRANGER THINGS is pure fun. A+. Don't miss it. Winona Ryder shines.
                        — Stephen King (@StephenKing) July 18, 2016

WarGames | Just as Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy worked to unravel a conspiracy born of a stealth enemy, would-be sweethearts Jonathan and Nancy teamed to get to the bottom of the mystery that had targeted his brother and her best friend. Speaking of Nancy…

The John Hughes Oeuvre | When not STRANGER-THINGS-TEENSgoing for surreal scares, Stranger Things served up teen-based angst involving Nancy and dreamy, douchey Steve — who three decades ago would surely have been played by James Spader (while Nancy herself, played by Natalia Dyer, from certain angles is a ringer for Ferris Bueller‘s Mia Sara).

The Thing, Evil Dead | In addition to any thematic nods (including a summonable evil), the seminal horror movies’ posters were among those spied on the kids’ walls.

Mad Max: Fury Road | Though Eleven’s buzzed head was not inspired by Charlize Theron’s Furiosa, the release of the action-film gave ingenue Millie Bobby Brown the nudge she (and her parents) needed to sign off on the extreme haircut, the Duffers told our sister site Variety.

Pan’s Labyrinth | Though more recent than any of the films cited above, the Duffers worked with Guillermo del Toro’s special effects house to come up with “the demogorgon,” who especially in the early, fleeting glimpses stirred up memories of the spindly Pan’s Labyrinth faun.

Last edited by oneinchpunch; 09-06-2016, 07:08 AM.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Any fan of 80's movies would love this series:

SPOILERS!!!!!

A look at precisely how Netflix's 'Stranger Things' paid homage to 1980s films such as "E.T," "The Goonies," "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "WarGames."

Here are but a few of the memorable films that The Duffer Brothers (often purposely, as shared in interviews) paid homage to as they crafted this upside down adventure. Big, fat, bold and red spoiler alert!

The Goonies | The very premise of Mike (aka “Frogface”), Dustin/”Toothless” and Lucas (did the bullies award him a rude nickname?) embarking on this increasingly wild journey undoubtedly surfaced memories STRANGER-THINGS-BIKESof the 1985 adventure saga.
                          E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial | Though Eleven — who, like E.T., was bestowed with a nickname by her finders — was not an extraterrestrial per se, her story checked many of the same boxes as the 1982 Spielberg heart-tugger, from the scary men in hazmat suits out to capture her, to playing “dress up” as a disguise, to levitating household objects/friends, to using her powers at critical times — though she opts to flip the baddies’ cars instead of float over them.

Poltergeist | A desperate stranger-things-netflixJoyce struggling to carry on a dialogue across dimensional planes with a staticky, far-off Will was very akin to how the Freeling family communicated with Carol Anne through their TV back in ’82.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind | In this 1977 classic, a single mother in Indiana, desperate to retrieve her missing son, is aided by a resourceful andsimilarly invested-slash-obsessed man. Sounds like Joyce and Hopp, to us.

A Nightmare on Elm Street | For one, you had kids trying to summon an ominous entity who was able to reach out to grab you through seemingly latex walls. But also think about the Upside Down world, which with its stark, dark mirroring of humdrum Hawkins was similar to how Freddy would pull us into a topsy-turvy dreamscape.STRANGER-THINGS-ELEVEN

Carrie, Firestarter | Eleven’s initially reluctant ability to use her mad mental powers during times of stress/anger echoed her Stephen King-sired sisters.

Stand by Me | If the idea of a bunch of young boys setting out on a journey to solve a dark mystery didn’t immediately drum up memories of the 1986 Stephen King adaptation, surely their walk along a railroad track drove it home for you. Rest assured, horrormeister King himself is a fan of the series:

Watching STRANGER THINGS is looking watching Steve King's Greatest Hits. I mean that in a good way.
                          — Stephen King (@StephenKing) July 17, 2016

STRANGER THINGS is pure fun. A+. Don't miss it. Winona Ryder shines.
                          — Stephen King (@StephenKing) July 18, 2016

WarGames | Just as Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy worked to unravel a conspiracy born of a stealth enemy, would-be sweethearts Jonathan and Nancy teamed to get to the bottom of the mystery that had targeted his brother and her best friend. Speaking of Nancy…

The John Hughes Oeuvre | When not STRANGER-THINGS-TEENSgoing for surreal scares, Stranger Things served up teen-based angst involving Nancy and dreamy, douchey Steve — who three decades ago would surely have been played by James Spader (while Nancy herself, played by Natalia Dyer, from certain angles is a ringer for Ferris Bueller‘s Mia Sara).

The Thing, Evil Dead | In addition to any thematic nods (including a summonable evil), the seminal horror movies’ posters were among those spied on the kids’ walls.

Mad Max: Fury Road | Though Eleven’s buzzed head was not inspired by Charlize Theron’s Furiosa, the release of the action-film gave ingenue Millie Bobby Brown the nudge she (and her parents) needed to sign off on the extreme haircut, the Duffers told our sister site Variety.

Pan’s Labyrinth | Though more recent than any of the films cited above, the Duffers worked with Guillermo del Toro’s special effects house to come up with “the demogorgon,” who especially in the early, fleeting glimpses stirred up memories of the spindly Pan’s Labyrinth faun.

Wow, that's a lot of thievery. But I give the Duffer Bros credit for knowing how to put it all together. They did a great job.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X