• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I think there is a bug when merging threads. You might get the first post over, but the rest of them disappear.
    I think ive had success moving the posts into another thread and not merging. Its possible that the data with some threads is split on 2 servers. Im not sure. Since the move to the dedicated server it actually makes sense to start threads over. Some of these threads that were created a few years ago are most likely broken after the move to a new server.

I honestly dont know. I get errors when i move threads to other forums. But they actually do move. Its crazy how unstable VB is. And how many bugs there are. The offseason workouts thread has a bug. The pagination disappears after scrolling down a page. It has to wait for the content including images and in this case tweets to completely render on the page before it is able to accurately calculate how tall the content is and know how far the pagination bar has to float when the page is scrolled down. So if the content contains large images that take time to render or content from other websites (such as Tweets), the page may have calculated the height too early causing the pagination bar to think it has reached the end of the page and hide itself.

Good thing its just the one thread. But im seriously thinking about starting a new thread for Training Camp.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm glad its not just me on the merges. Moving posts/copying posts works better.

On Chernobyl, they managed to make one guy, Dyatlov, one of the biggest assholes in TV history in just 5 episodes He was in the toilet, lol. The actor was great in that role. It's really hard to find flaws in that miniseries, maybe the Ulana character combination as maybe being too earnest, but everything else was spot on.. production design, makeup, story pacing, special effects, direction and acting, all great. They managed to explain the accident itself into something understandable to non-engineers.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        I'm glad its not just me on the merges. Moving posts/copying posts works better.

On Chernobyl, they managed to make one guy, Dyatlov, one of the biggest assholes in TV history in just 5 episodes He was in the toilet, lol. The actor was great in that role. It's really hard to find flaws in that miniseries, maybe the Ulana character combination as maybe being too earnest, but everything else was spot on.. production design, makeup, story pacing, special effects, direction and acting, all great. They managed to explain the accident itself into something understandable to non-engineers.
        That fucker was a gigantic asshole. lol I wanted him to disintegrate like the others. The only thing is...whats the truth? Its hollywood. And we all know they sort of do whatever they want despite facts. You think this was an accurate portrayal of what happened? I only ask because i wouldnt know.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think it was pretty realistic, and possibly understated. The showrunner relied on the written work done previously over the last 30 years. He might have overstated the influence of Legasov and Schribina, but it was a good decision to limit the number of actors. The story about the firefighter's wife supposedly was much worse, and those bio-robots... some actually were recycled, either by mistake, or by some taking extra turns to let some of their cohorts to avoid their exposure. Something that isn't in the series... there were two female guards that died of radiation sickness as they didn't leave their posts outside the buildings. No one knows for sure how many died directly from the radiation release in the town... the Soviets had kept that silent (and I'm sure Putin doesn't want that info out there as well.).

Dyatlov did serve some jail time, but not an entire 10 years, as the design took some of the heat off him, he only served 3 years He had a god complex...he had a previous incident when he was involved in building naval reactors, and brought back some level of radiation that may have caused his son to die of leukemia but he didn't die. All the way to his death in 1995, he claimed his actions were only contributory to the accident, but not the main cause, hence his accusations thrown at Legasov during the trial. However he pushed the reactor to a seriously unstable state, though his orders and disregard for safety because he did believe he was still in control, and that he could shut down to a safe state via a manual SCRAM. He believed that the design couldn't explode, maybe because he believed in a lie. The thing is, shit happens when you run out of spec. Even if Akimov didn't press that AZ-5 button (and there is some dispute that he actually did, there probably was an automatic SCRAM for high power), I bet they would have damaged the core when they shut down the main pumps steam supply, because they took away the ability to control the reactor via rods. That Fomin guy, he attempted suicide before his trial... he was let out after 5 years in jail ... then he goes back to working at a nuclear power plant. That jerk plant manager only served 5 years. As Legasov said in the first episode... Dyatlov deserved the death penalty for his criminal actions that night, but others in hiding the design flaws did as well, and the Soviet state swept that under the rug with a general amnesty... some accountability, huh?

My technical gripe may have been when they said that if the melted fuel had gotten to the full water tanks it would have caused a 3 megaton blast. But I can see where an explosion might have uncovered the other three working reactors. The show did make it appear that Ulana (or scientists) and the divers saved the day, but even those divers weren't really volunteers pulled from the room... they were they guys that so happened to be on duty at time that knew the most about those valves.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Thanks for the analysis Bolt-O. Pretty epic. I need a new TV show to watch. I think i may give Sons Of Anarchy a shot.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Thanks for the analysis Bolt-O. Pretty epic. I need a new TV show to watch. I think i may give Sons Of Anarchy a shot.
              SOA was a very good show. Deep involved characters with tons of flaws.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

SOA was a very good show. Deep involved characters with tons of flaws.
                Its a major show ive never seen. I think i would end up liking it. My daughter and I are looking to get into a new house and sell this one. So i may have to wait until that happens. Because i know if i get hooked and marathon that thing, ill put off all the things i have to get done. I take tv shows pretty seriously. lol

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Its a major show ive never seen. I think i would end up liking it. My daughter and I are looking to get into a new house and sell this one. So i may have to wait until that happens. Because i know if i get hooked and marathon that thing, ill put off all the things i have to get done. I take tv shows pretty seriously. lol
                  Fleet, if you're up for a nice TV marathon, watch the first season of "Jericho." Totally gripping and realistic post-apocalyptic drama. Came out a few years ago, but very well-done. Skip season 2--not as well-written and kind of fizzled.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fleet, if you're up for a nice TV marathon, watch the first season of "Jericho." Totally gripping and realistic post-apocalyptic drama. Came out a few years ago, but very well-done. Skip season 2--not as well-written and kind of fizzled.
                    I dont know man. lol Being told the 2nd season sucks sort of turns it off for me.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Awesome show. It has 1 full season and only 7 episodes in season 2. Was pissed when they cancelled it.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Awesome show. It has 1 full season and only 7 episodes in season 2. Was pissed when they cancelled it.
                        Firefly was another show that ended too soon. Im a huge fan of some of the Netflix shows. Looking forward to season 3 of Ozark and season 2 of Mindhunters.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I dont know man. lol Being told the 2nd season sucks sort of turns it off for me.
                          It's like a one-hit wonder for a music group. Too bad there wasn't more, but love to hear that one hit when it comes on the radio...

Comment

Working...
                          X