Breaking Bad final season thread (Spoilers Included)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Great ending. Sad as well.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Agree with both of you guys.

Absolutely great...perfect ending. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Very sad that it's over.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You guys know the story about the dying kid and how he influenced the ending?

Pretty cool. He said he'd like to know more about Walt's old business partners, more backstory. And they said thats what influenced them to bring them back into the story.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Yea i read about that kid last night. Really cool story.

I thought the finale was perfect. Making it the best series ive ever seen. A perfect TV show imo. I was hoping for a hug from Skylar to Walt when she knew she would never see him again. But the tear was just as good. That scene was all about Walt finally being honest. She probably wasnt feeling the love once he admitted he did it for himself.

And during the entire series i developed such a hatred for Skylars sister that i was hoping to at least see her cave when she finally knew that Hank was gone. I wanted to see her broken. lol

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I was trying to figure out what the meaning of Skylar's reflection in the microwave meant. It was so blatant and either staged or added in post.

Then I read it was just an accident that they didnt even realize until editing.

Same thing for leaving the watch on top of the phone booth. Real reason he left it there? Because he wasnt wearing it in the first episode of the season when they showed the flash forward.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              I was trying to figure out what the meaning of Skylar's reflection in the microwave meant. It was so blatant and either staged or added in post.

Then I read it was just an accident that they didnt even realize until editing.

Same thing for leaving the watch on top of the phone booth. Real reason he left it there? Because he wasnt wearing it in the first episode of the season when they showed the flash forward.
              I thought the watch meant his time was over. I couldn't think of anything else it would mean. The flashback was weird also.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I heard Jesse gave him the watch.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Just found this.

1. Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

I have to concur that it was a satisfying ending which is great since so many shows have unsatisfying ones.

I can't help but contrast the ending of last season (talking about 16 episodes ago, the fring/salamaca one). There was some possibility that might have been the final episode and would have worked a series finale on many levels but thematically it would have left the series so very different. I am glad they made this final season, there was a bunch of good stuff in it and it really gave closure to the whole thing so well.

I will definitely be going back and watching this series again.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The character Mike was created because Bob Odenkirk was busy with "How I Met Your Mother." Apparently Saul was originally supposed to find Jane dead in "Breaking Bad" Season 2, but Odenkirk wasn't available to come shoot. That's when the writers realized Saul would have some other men to do the dirty work for him, and thus the character of Mike was born. The rest, as they say, is history.

Huell is still in that hotel room. Kimmel finally asked Gilligan the question most "Breaking Bad" fans have been wondering: what happened to Huell after Hank and Gomez left him in the hotel room? Gilligan answered that no one called Saul's lackey, which means Huell is still there -- though somehow that seems a bit unlikely. Still, it makes this joke sitcom one step closer to being a reality.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                        SLAM DUNK!
                        • Jun 2013
                        • East County San Diego
                        • Bolt fanatic
                        • Send PM

I always thought it was kind of silly how Mike went from being one of Saul's chronies to also being the right hand man of Gus Fring. I didn't question it because I liked the character but really it made no sense.
                        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Big Bear
                          • Self-employed property manager.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                          I always thought it was kind of silly how Mike went from being one of Saul's chronies to also being the right hand man of Gus Fring. I didn't question it because I liked the character but really it made no sense.
                          Well, Saul introduced Walt to Gus in the first place, so he obviously knew Mike too. I don't think Mike was ever Saul's crony, he just did some "fixer/cleaner" stuff for him. Perhaps Mike mostly worked for Gus, but also did some other stuff along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                          X