• Show
Clear All
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

High Blood Pressure Beaten to a Bloody Stump

A little over a year ago, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure (170/way too fucking high) and was put on blood pressure meds.

About March of this year, I made good on my new years resolution and got off the couch and started running again after nearly 14 years of being a retired military couch potato. After a detour on physical rehab (runners knee), I was able to build up to 5 miles every other day (gotta rest the body after doing that right).

I am now two months removed off of being taken off the meds, and just got a checkup this week and it's 117/76.

Since then, I've been listening to song below all day.

Very appropriate, I think. :lol:
    sigpic
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Good on ya Laddie.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• KarlC
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

I've been exercising for about 5 and 1/2 years just walking . When I started, I had a Walkman-type radio only.

Then I transitioned to a MP3 in my phone (much better). Anything with a good beat is on my 4g chip.

Sample:

girltalk: All 3 albums
      Crystal Method: Self-titled, Tweekend,
      Chemical Bros: Push The Button
      Erueka Seven OST 1&2
      DJ Sharpnel- V/A
      Juno Reactor: Shango

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
        I've been exercising for about 5 and 1/2 years just walking . When I started, I had a Walkman-type radio only.

Then I transitioned to a MP3 in my phone (much better). Anything with a good beat is on my 4g chip.

Sample:

girltalk: All 3 albums
        Crystal Method: Self-titled, Tweekend,
        Chemical Bros: Push The Button
        Erueka Seven OST 1&2
        DJ Sharpnel- V/A
        Juno Reactor: Shango
        Sounds good......I'll have to look it up, though I'm more of an '80's guy.

Will be trying to learn this stuff called 'Chi Running'......tired of having achy knees, and it's supposed to help with stuff like that.
        sigpic

Comment

• KarlC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
          Sounds good......I'll have to look it up, though I'm more of an '80's guy.

Will be trying to learn this stuff called 'Chi Running'......tired of having achy knees, and it's supposed to help with stuff like that.
          I've recorded about 500 80's songs from youtube since I got connected. Everything from ABC to ZZ Top. I hear you, man.

As far as aches, I've found the interwebz has tons of good advice for stretches to alleviate those. It teaches you anatomy at the same time. For me it has been mostly Plantar Fascia and Posterior Cruciate Ligament.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Nothing better for Plantar than custom molded orthotic insoles from a Podiatrist.
            Also,
            I tried the copper sleeves on my elbows from the sporting goods store, and they really helped with my tendonitis.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X