• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whydachargers?
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2023
    • Send PM

OT - The violence in the Middle East

Just wanted to say I feel for every parent today not just here at this forum but around the world after seeing/hearing about the killing in the Middle East. My heart goes out to all parents - especially of teens - in a HUGE way today.
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

I hear you. Prayers are with those who have lost loved ones.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

The most tragic thing is the number of innocent civilian non-combatants, many of them children, who have been slaughtered and will be slaughtered, in Israel and in the Gaza Strip. This conflict has been going for 75 years. The people who are dying today are dying in the same conflict their grandparents and great grandparents fought in the 1940s. Both sides have committed atrocities in this 75-year war. It's a tragedy there has never been a resolution. The question is, who is profiting from it?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Sorry, had to move this from the main Football forum. We as staff discussed this, and wasn't sure how to handle it, but moving it to the off topic area seems to be the best move. If it gets contentious, it may be closed.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Sorry, had to move this from the main Football forum. We as staff discussed this, and wasn't sure how to handle it, but moving it to the off topic area seems to be the best move. If it gets contentious, it may be closed.
          Understandable all the way around.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Its heartbreaking and im fuming still over this. The things that go through my mind when i see the footage are not good for me. I hate terrorist. But this thread needs to be on point. The minute it goes political or religious...its done.

Frankly surprised it was started on the main forum without at least asking for permission. You have to be aware of the possibility of how a thread like this will end up. Have to by now.

I know hearts are in the right place...i feel the fucking rage like you have no idea...but we have rules for a reason. This is why they are in place. You may say didnt mean for it to be about politics or maybe religion etc...but you have to know how a topic like this could end up. So lets think about where topics like this could go...and if you even remotely question that...ask me personally.

Thanks

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

The bond market was imploding they had to do something so moar war happens every time. Now we have 3,000 Marines offshore ready for “hostage rescue” in Gaza. If the Israelis go in it will be a ethnic cleansing for sure those people have nowhere to go and neighboring countries don’t want them. We’ll see if they have the balls for a ground invasion.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The most tragic thing is the number of innocent civilian non-combatants, many of them children, who have been slaughtered and will be slaughtered, in Israel and in the Gaza Strip. This conflict has been going for 75 years. The people who are dying today are dying in the same conflict their grandparents and great grandparents fought in the 1940s. Both sides have committed atrocities in this 75-year war. It's a tragedy there has never been a resolution. The question is, who is profiting from it?
                Answer: Those who want to reduce the world's population. There are many out there...just look it up on the internet...

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Live feed from Gaza the sound is insane:

Get the latest updates on Israel’s war in Gaza against Hamas in our live breaking news coverage. Israel has started its ground invasion of Gaza and is curren...

sorry forgot how to embed vid

There was tracer rounds going by the camera earlier and you could hear the armor rolling below. This is every night into the early morning and very heavy fighting.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

“Religion invariably breeds violence” - J. Krishnamurti.

”Don’t blame the messenger.” - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                    X