• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Stand National Anthem.jpg

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

The Mariners suspended backup catcher Steve Clevenger for a series of racially charged tweets. As espnW's Kavitha Davidson writes, we can stop calling the national anthem protests ineffective.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
        I am on Kaepernick's side, but suspending a dude who isn't is lame as llama spit. I support both those athletes for expressing how they feel, and fuck anybody who tries to shut them up.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
          I am on Kaepernick's side, but suspending a dude who isn't is lame as llama spit. I support both those athletes for expressing how they feel, and fuck anybody who tries to shut them up.

It depends on whether their disagreement is inflamed hate speech or simple difference of opinion/pov.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

It depends on whether their disagreement is inflamed hate speech or simple difference of opinion/pov.
            I guess. Is the backup catcher really worse than Blain Gabbert's backup? The pig socks aren't inflamed hate speech, but the tweets are? Who decides?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
              I guess. Is the backup catcher really worse than Blain Gabbert's backup? The pig socks aren't inflamed hate speech, but the tweets are? Who decides?
              The law.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The law.
                Neither were arrested or broke a law.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

What do you consider inflamed hate speech? Did the baseball player who got suspended engage in inflamed hate speech?

We got to let people say and express how they feel as long as they aren't being violent. We can yell back if we don't like it; but let's not start fucking with people's livelihoods over it.

The one that bugs me the most in this category was the way the Clippers owner lost his team. Yea, Donald Sterling was a dick for leaving San Diego, but the only thing that should have happened in his case was his stupid-ass girlfriend should have been sued for violating his privacy. Why destroy a horny old man for some shit he said over the telephone?

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Tell 'em LWEE420BVWSBGML_420. Rooting for you.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ratenstein
                      ...lost his team and gained a couple billion dollars for a team he never gave two shits about trying to improve until the league gifted him Chris Paul and one of his million high draft picks finally panned out. Fuck that racist slum lord, piece of withered shit.
                      Just like with cheating, sometimes the ends justify the means.
                      1. He could have sold the team any time. He must have liked owning the team even if he never gave a shit about his team's fans.

2. He shouldn't have lost his team for the reason he lost it. He should have lost it when he ditched San Diego.

3. The media should have never played his private conversation, and his girlfriend is a fucking bitch. Who does that? If she didn't like his stance about hanging out with black people at Clippers games, she should have just left him like most people do.

4. Donald Sterling is a really-old white dude. Were you expecting he had some super liberal point of view about race? Besides, wasn't he cool with letting black guys fuck his girlfriend? That's a lot more liberal than I am, and I ain't that old. I mean - he's not that racist. He was just being a belligerent old fool who was pissed and talking shit to his woman. But, even if he is as racist as he sounded for a second during a private conversation with his girlfriend, there was no reason that his name should have been drug through the mud for it. Again - his name should be Mud for what he did to San Diego, not what he said about his girl hanging with Magic Johnson.
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I didn’t call him a racist, slum lord. I called him a racist slum lord. If you don’t know what I’m referencing, feel free to start here with this article from ’09: http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sord...onald-sterling , or look into much more of the history out there about this piece of garbage.

1. Yeah, I have no doubt that he liked owning a team, and could not give less of a shit about that if I were bound up for weeks after eating nothing but velveeta and cheese whiz. I’m glad he did not want to sell. But he didn’t just lose his team. He was compensated for his loss with an insane amount of money that he will hopefully choke on.

2. We clearly disagree about this and I cite my response in my prior post. The ends justify the means; they got Capone on tax evasion.

3. See 2

4. He is that racist, and his name should be synonymous with sun bleached, side walk dog shit. See the article mentioned in 1.
                        Okay. He is a racist. You are right, and I was wrong on that point. But, still, he should not have lost his team or been lampooned in the media for what he said to his woman in a private phone call.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

We had an owner asking his GF not to bring black people to games. It was like a verbal Ray Rice video that got out. You can’t sweep something under the rug once it gets out like that.

The other owners and the league heard that and smartly decided that it was really bad for business (with both the fans and the players), and forced him to sell. Quoting wiki: “The NBA formally charged Sterling with damaging the league with his comments from both the TMZ recording and CNN interview, and scheduled a hearing to begin on June 3, after which the league could vote to terminate the Sterlings' ownership.” They wanted it; it’s their league. I don’t see that as illegal or immoral.

TMZ did what TMZ does. That I don’t like, and it would suck if someone had to sell their business because a personal confidant released a recording, if that person wasn’t total trash.
                          I'm sure, if I paid attention to basketball, I could find owners doing things way worse than talking shit to one's girlfriend about black men. You think all them owners are sweet billionaires?

Comment

Working...
                          X