No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    What if they are?
    Dunno. Ask Rodney.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

And everyone has the right to rip the shit out of him if they disagree with the way he delivered his message.
      Exactly
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        There is plenty of visibility on this issue already. Don't need a spoiled millionaire, who lives in the greatest country in the world, was adopted and loved by people of a different race, and who has benefited from the freedoms and opportunities this country offers to EVERYONE to tell us about the issue.

I would have far, far more respect for Kapernick if he used his money, fame, position and gifts to get directly involved in solutions for those who are suffering as opposed to just telling us about the problem (that we all know about already).

TG
        Usually it takes a whole lot of telling, screaming, crying, bitching, and at least some law breaking before shit gets done. I wasn't around back in the heyday of the Civil Rights movement, the slavery abolitionist movement, or the women's suffrage movement, but I'm fairly certain the nation was well aware that segregation, slavery, and oppression of women existed. It just took a whole lot of complaining and quite a bit of civil disobedience before progress was made.

I may be the only ignoramus here, but, up until the past year or so, I had no idea black people, or anybody else, had so many problems with the police. And, living in Arizona, I know quite a few people who still don't believe it.

My brother-in-law's little cousin (he was black) died after getting shot in the back by police in L.A. a couple years ago, and, last I heard, nothing ever came of it. My sister said it was because he was black, but I just figured that was just her being angry and depressed. Now, with all the cell-phone videos out there of other people getting shot by police - I at least think I might have been wrong. There is a real problem, which I still don't blame the cops for, but I do blame the system. Kaepernick is right. Cops are not trained enough. And, I would argue they aren't paid enough either.

Right now, it's just the black people complaining. But, as more innocent or, at-least, people who don't deserve to die keep getting killed by police on video, whites and Hispanics are going to start bitching too. It ain't just the black people dying.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          I support his right to be a self serving douchebag.
          Is this stance serving Kaepernick personally?

You might be right (if that's what you're saying). Perhaps I just haven't thought this through.

I've never been rich, so I don't know how rich people's minds' work. Kaepernick, I assume, is a multi-millionaire, who makes his money being a scrubby NFL quarterback. I'm not sure how taking a public political stand enhances his situation personally unless you just mean he feels good about doing the right thing.

For a jock, Kaepernick is a pretty good speaker and could have turned his post-football career into an NFL-talking-head gig, but I'm fairly certain any political stance would be looked down upon by most of the dipshits who run those boring-ass shows. The only bloviator on a sports show who seems to be able to get away with speaking his mind is Charles Barkley, and that's only because Charles is the motherfucking man.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
            Usually it takes a whole lot of telling, screaming, crying, bitching, and at least some law breaking before shit gets done. I wasn't around back in the heyday of the Civil Rights movement, the slavery abolitionist movement, or the women's suffrage movement, but I'm fairly certain the nation was well aware that segregation, slavery, and oppression of women existed. It just took a whole lot of complaining and quite a bit of civil disobedience before progress was made.

I may be the only ignoramus here, but, up until the past year or so, I had no idea black people, or anybody else, had so many problems with the police. And, living in Arizona, I know quite a few people who still don't believe it.

My brother-in-law's little cousin (he was black) died after getting shot in the back by police in L.A. a couple years ago, and, last I heard, nothing ever came of it. My sister said it was because he was black, but I just figured that was just her being angry and depressed. Now, with all the cell-phone videos out there of other people getting shot by police - I at least think I might have been wrong. There is a real problem, which I still don't blame the cops for, but I do blame the system. Kaepernick is right. Cops are not trained enough. And, I would argue they aren't paid enough either.

Right now, it's just the black people complaining. But, as more innocent or, at-least, people who don't deserve to die keep getting killed by police on video, whites and Hispanics are going to start bitching too. It ain't just the black people dying.
            It's a pretty complicated issue that is far from just renegade racist cops running around shooting innocent black people, though that is how the media is portraying it. The reality is that there is a small number of ugly cops doing these things. But the vast majority don't. Just like not all priests are pedophiles and not all school teachers sleep with their students. Sadly, there is still racism in this country, though it has slowly been improving over the years.

Look at the percentage of black people in this country and look at the percentage of crime committed by blacks and it is disproportionately high. Given those two numbers, the black population has gotten more scrutiny from police because of this. IMO, the problem is far from cops shooting innocent people, it's much more a societal issue. Broken families and a poor education lead to a bleak outlook for young minorities, which leads to crime. Focusing on the police is a mistake, IMO. Of course each and every shooting should be fully investigated and people held accountable if something was done wrong. But until people stop putting themselves in positions where this shit can happen, it's going to keep happening.

What kills me about some of these recent shootings is that some of them were completely unwarranted, but now in this hyper sensitive world people are rushing to judgement on ones they should not have. In Baltimore, Mosby's career could over because she rushed to indict the cops when there was not enough evidence to warrant it to score political points. And of course there are the usual suspects stirring up junk for their own agendas which makes things far worse.

We don't live in a perfect country and we do have problems to solve, but it sure seems to me that we are not going about solving the real issues - treating the symptom and not the cause is short sighted.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I actually sent an email a week ago to the Chargers asking that they donate the unsold seats behind the49er bench to local sailors and Marines. Made the same request on a couple of TV forums.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post

What makes you think whites and Hispanics don't have issues with the police or that the police wrong them? I had a rough run-in with Sherriff Joe back in the day and I'm pretty aryan. It was also pretty unjust.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                  Yeah actually he does have the right to think, feel and say what he wants.......and the freedom to STAY HERE......because you know, freedom, that's how it works
                  Right. I agree 100%. And also, part of how it works is that people have the right to criticize him.

But the celebration of diversity by diversity celebrators seems to only be extended to those diversities pre-approved by the celebrators. Whoa be it unto him that makes his opinion known when it doesn't fit inside that box. There are firings and suspensions and protests and demonization. No justice, no peace! It's not then just another point-of-view, it's an outright attack. It's WRONG. There needs to be an investigation by the Thought Police and years of national re-education / psychotherapy to get us over whatever the latest injury or slight might be...no matter how unintended or innocuous it might be. A good number of people on both sides of the political spectrum in this country run around looking for ways to be offended. Then they can demonize. Then we can't talk to one another anymore. Then we can all point fingers. Yay!

Ask John Rocker. He was an idiot to be sure...but he had a right to say whatever stupid shit he wanted so long as he could deal with the repercussions in terms of denunciations. A lot of these guys don't even know what they are talking about...Kaepernick included. So run your mouth but don't be hurt when people call you out. You think you're Ali, then stand up for your principles and don't give a fuck. But that's not what's happening. Let's try to get back to the notion of 'I may not like what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.' That's really what freedom's about and it's what civility and respect mean for sorting through problems and policies. Pointless request here, but I think we all deserve better.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    What makes you think whites and Hispanics don't have issues with the police or that the police wrong them? I had a rough run-in with Sherriff Joe back in the day and I'm pretty aryan. It was also pretty unjust.
                    I'm sure they do have the occasional run in. I'm not defending asshole cops - I know a couple. But overall cops have an utterly thankless, dangerous job and most do a good job despite the attitude and crap heaped on them by the public. I honestly have no idea how they restrain themselves at times with some of the junk (verbal and physical) thrown at them. Most I have talked to overwhelming say that if you are calm and keep the attitude to a minimum, nothing bad will ever happen. But sadly, that doesn't always happen.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I'm sure they do have the occasional run in. I'm not defending asshole cops - I know a couple. But overall cops have an utterly thankless, dangerous job and most do a good job despite the attitude and crap heaped on them by the public. I honestly have no idea how they restrain themselves at times with some of the junk (verbal and physical) thrown at them. Most I have talked to overwhelming say that if you are calm and keep the attitude to a minimum, nothing bad will ever happen. But sadly, that doesn't always happen.
                      The white unarmed guy that gets shot or the white guy who gets handled roughly at a traffic stop never makes the news.

I agree with you on cops. They get so much shit and put into so many difficult circumstances that it's no shock that they may be a little trigger happy and overzealous. When I was a kid, cops were looked up to. Now not so much. I hear so much from black friends about 'the talk' they have to have with their kids. Newsflash: I got one too. And it was exactly what you described. Yes sir, no sir, I don't understand sir.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                        I actually sent an email a week ago to the Chargers asking that they donate the unsold seats behind the49er bench to local sailors and Marines. Made the same request on a couple of TV forums.
                        That is awesome!
                        Also welcome back.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                          Right. I agree 100%. And also, part of how it works is that people have the right to criticize him.

But the celebration of diversity by diversity celebrators seems to only be extended to those diversities pre-approved by the celebrators. Whoa be it unto him that makes his opinion known when it doesn't fit inside that box. There are firings and suspensions and protests and demonization. No justice, no peace! It's not then just another point-of-view, it's an outright attack. It's WRONG. There needs to be an investigation by the Thought Police and years of national re-education / psychotherapy to get us over whatever the latest injury or slight might be...no matter how unintended or innocuous it might be. A good number of people on both sides of the political spectrum in this country run around looking for ways to be offended. Then they can demonize. Then we can't talk to one another anymore. Then we can all point fingers. Yay!

Ask John Rocker. He was an idiot to be sure...but he had a right to say whatever stupid shit he wanted so long as he could deal with the repercussions in terms of denunciations. A lot of these guys don't even know what they are talking about...Kaepernick included. So run your mouth but don't be hurt when people call you out. You think you're Ali, then stand up for your principles and don't give a fuck. But that's not what's happening. Let's try to get back to the notion of 'I may not like what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.' That's really what freedom's about and it's what civility and respect mean for sorting through problems and policies. Pointless request here, but I think we all deserve better.
                          Well said, AKBAR.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X