Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite All-Time Actors/Actresses

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Favorite All-Time Actors/Actresses

    I had to start this thread after seeing "Camille" with Greta Garbo and Robert Taylor. It's an old movie (1936) and Garbo's performance greatly surprises me with how natural she appears compared to all the other actors in the movie. Garbo appears ahead of her time. Someone I think that could fit in with the best of today's actors/actresses. A complete natural.

    I don't have a favorite actor at this time. Maybe later.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

    "Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

  • #2
    Now

    Robert Downey Jr
    Gary Oldman
    Mike Fassbender
    Ben Cumberpatch
    Christian Bale
    Cate Blanchett
    Natalie Portman
    Charlize Theron

    Old

    DDL
    Bruce Campbell
    Phil Seymour Hoffman
    Tom Hanks
    Clint Eastwood
    Anthony Hopkins
    Michael Caine
    Morgan Freeman
    Sigourney Weaver
    Frances McDormand
    Kathy Bates

    Comment


    • #3
      Salma (may just be an excuse to post the gif)
      :salma:
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

      Comment


      • #4
        Daniel Day Lewis

        Edward Norton

        Sean Penn


        Marion Cotillard

        Bette Davis

        Cate Blanchett
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

        Shut the fuck up Donny

        Comment


        • #5


          Robert Mitchum

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Now

            Robert Downey Jr
            Gary Oldman
            Mike Fassbender
            Ben Cumberpatch
            Christian Bale
            Cate Blanchett
            Natalie Portman
            Charlize Theron

            Old

            DDL
            Bruce Campbell
            Phil Seymour Hoffman
            Tom Hanks
            Clint Eastwood
            Anthony Hopkins
            Michael Caine
            Morgan Freeman
            Sigourney Weaver
            Frances McDormand
            Kathy Bates
            Yeah, Hoffman and Downey would be my favorite modern actors. Hanks too. James Earl Jones is maybe my favorite male actor. He's more versatile than I thought. Of course the voice helps.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

              Yeah, Hoffman and Downey would be my favorite modern actors. Hanks too. James Earl Jones is maybe my favorite male actor. He's more versatile than I thought. Of course the voice helps.
              Loved Hoffman. He was so talented. RIP

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fleet View Post

                Loved Hoffman. He was so talented. RIP
                FLEET, my heart bleeds when I read how you're struggling with managing this place and taming your disease. But I feel emboldened to read that you're aware of what's happening with both yourself (especially yourself) and the message boards. I would NOT think any less of you for either quitting your board responsibilities or tapering off a bit for head space (quieting the head space) purposes. Maybe hand off some responsibilities here so you can focus better on yourself and family maybe? And I can totally relate to that feeling. For me it signals I'm either not in enough quiet head space (toooooo many racing nonsensical brain turds) or I'm holding back in doing what's best for me in some way.

                EDIT: I mean this - What can I do for you? Can I make a donation to the site? Would $10 be okay? Would you like me to write a review somewhere of all the good things you do for us? Under that umbrella I would say how knowledgeable (except for Gordon but no one's perfect...lol) you are, how decent you are (really a great friend to so many here), how insightful you are with people here and football, how humble you are (hugely underrated IMO), and just how invested you are emotionally. And you have a lot of smart people here. That's because you're smart!
                Last edited by Hadl2Alworth; 06-20-2020, 06:46 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

                  FLEET, my heart bleeds when I read how you're struggling with managing this place and taming your disease. But I feel emboldened to read that you're aware of what's happening with both yourself (especially yourself) and the message boards. I would NOT think any less of you for either quitting your board responsibilities or tapering off a bit for head space (quieting the head space) purposes. Maybe hand off some responsibilities here so you can focus better on yourself and family maybe? And I can totally relate to that feeling. For me it signals I'm either not in enough quiet head space (toooooo many racing nonsensical brain turds) or I'm holding back in doing what's best for me in some way.

                  EDIT: I mean this - What can I do for you? Can I make a donation to the site? Would $10 be okay? Would you like me to write a review somewhere of all the good things you do for us? Under that umbrella I would say how knowledgeable (except for Gordon but no one's perfect...lol) you are, how decent you are (really a great friend to so many here), how insightful you are with people here and football, how humble you are (hugely underrated IMO), and just how invested you are emotionally. And you have a lot of smart people here. That's because you're smart!
                  Im good man. I was mainly trippin because i also owned another forum. And it changed everyone. The politics. Its just became pure anger and rage. It was making me sick. So i turned it over. Im fine man. Really appreciate the support.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm glad you said something. FWIW, I could (I would not try) not do what you do. The political stuff would do me in after a couple days probably. I guess everyone wants to be heard. Can't blame them but damn! ha

                    You're an awesome person! Not b.s.-ing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                      I'm glad you said something. FWIW, I could (I would not try) not do what you do. The political stuff would do me in after a couple days probably. I guess everyone wants to be heard. Can't blame them but damn! ha

                      You're an awesome person! Not b.s.-ing.
                      I appreciate that Alex(Fred) And i cant thank you enough for the donation. Ill apply it towards the next 100$ update. Which will be in a couple months.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X