• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Bad Country

So many of you know my best friend recently died of an aortic aneurism. Produced the Boondock Saints. Really his biggest production. He had just finished his directorial debut of a movie called Bad Country(aka Whiskey Bay). The trailer is finished. Just wanted to mention it because if you watch the movie when it comes out his famnily will benefit. Thanks guys.

• oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Liked the name Whiskey Bay more. I'll definitely try, I never go to the theater, but I'll spread the word
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      Liked the name Whiskey Bay more. I'll definitely try, I never go to the theater, but I'll spread the word
      I mean just rent it. And thanks man.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I mean just rent it. And thanks man.
        I can definitely do that. Better yet I might lose a couple of the libraries copies so they have to purchase more
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

LOL great idea.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I don't mean to make light of the situation. He was able to assemble a pretty amazing cast.

42 is way too young. My middle son was really sick for a bit. Made me realize/remember the limited time we have. Your friend made quite an accomplishment and getting such a great cast proves how good he was doing something he loved.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Thanks man. Im really proud of him. Took him 20 years to make those connections. Without Boondock hes probably really struggling. I thought the Trailer looked pretty impressive.

And im glad your son is ok. I only recently saw that you mentioned it on Facebook. What caused the fever?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Thanks man. Im really proud of him. Took him 20 years to make those connections. Without Boondock hes probably really struggling. I thought the Trailer looked pretty impressive.

And im glad your son is ok. I only recently saw that you mentioned it on Facebook. What caused the fever?
                Doctors weren't sure. All of em were confused and sending us all over while he went through a ton of tests. After a week, right before his spinal tap we got a call that after all the tests and all the needles he had strep. He showed none of the sign other them temp. 104 temp for a week, they believe he had a migraine almost the entire time which made him puke nonstop. It was 19-20 hours a day of him crying and he's the liveliest happiest person I've ever met.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  Doctors weren't sure. All of em were confused and sending us all over while he went through a ton of tests. After a week, right before his spinal tap we got a call that after all the tests and all the needles he had strep. He showed none of the sign other them temp. 104 temp for a week, they believe he had a migraine almost the entire time which made him puke nonstop. It was 19-20 hours a day of him crying and he's the liveliest happiest person I've ever met.

Dam bro. Im so glad he pulled through that. My son was 103 but that lasted 2 days. And he was 15. Cant imagine as a father a little child going through that. Spinal taps suck but i guess its good he didnt have meningitis.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Dam bro. Im so glad he pulled through that. My son was 103 but that lasted 2 days. And he was 15. Cant imagine as a father a little child going through that. Spinal taps suck but i guess its good he didnt have meningitis.
                    It was rough but it also offered me a glimpse of parents that have kids with problems far worse than my son had. It just clicked in my head that we never know when and to cherish all the moments. Having him cry on my chest while he tried to settle down for an 8 hour stretch of pain was the worst I've felt in a long time.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Very sorry to hear he went through that, OIP. We had a melanoma scare earlier this year with my oldest. Its not easy on parents at 32 either.

Time to hug this kids
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

So many of you know my best friend recently died of an aortic aneurism. Produced the Boondock Saints. Really his biggest production. He had just finished his directorial debut of a movie called Bad Country(aka Whiskey Bay). The trailer is finished. Just wanted to mention it because if you watch the movie when it comes out his famnily will benefit. Thanks guys.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/0...iler-premiere/
                        Loved Boondock Saints. Will definitely watch Bad Country.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X