• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Weird cable show Things for sale. Press Rat’s collection of dog legs and feet.

Last edited by Caslon; 02-09-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

for ghost...
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

My Dio jam.

Ronnie best work ever, was 'Stargazer', IMO. Geezer Butler also said that Ronnie James was his soul-mate.

Geezer also said that when he wrote Black Sabbath - with the triad of doom notes - he lifted that directly from Holst's The Planets Suite: Mars Bringer of War

Did you ever listen to Eric Carmen's 'Never Gonna Fall In Love Again' and say to yourself 'Wow, that sounds familiar?'

The main melody of All By Myself comes from the 2nd movement of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2; and the melody from Never Gonna Fall In Love Again is from the Adagio movement of Rachmaninoff’s 2nd Symphony. When Carmen released All By Myself, he thought that Rachmaninoff’s music was in the “public domain” and usable with no restrictions. It turns out Carmen was contacted by Rachmaninoff’s estate and informed otherwise. A settlement was quickly reached and, given Carmen’s love of Rachmaninoff music, I’m sure he didn’t mind contributing to the composer’s legacy.

Being a Metallica nut, I know that Cliff Burton was studying classical composition in junior college and touring with Metallica. Cliff refused to move to L.A., he said the scene was all poseurs and bullshit (Hi, Motley Crue) so Metallica moved to the Bay Area, and when you listen to compositions like 'Orion', you can hear where Metallica was headed. That ended when Cliff died, I heard 'Unforgiven' and I actually worked on the 1991 video with the old man. 16mm film came in from the Lab and said Metallica. I cleaned and loaded the film and sure enough, here was this old man in a diaper, digging a whole in the hall. The the Pixies "Here Comes Your Man' film came in and it was all extreme close-ups, and made even less sense.

The security guard used to throw David Lee Roth out of the edit suites at Pacific Video - where I was in the 90s, for smoking pot in the edit bays.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Ronnie n Geezer came up with two of the greatest albums ever @ BS.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Get the setlist from Metallica's concert at First Avenue in Minneapolis, MN on February 6, 1985.

Metallica doesn't even list the Rochester armory show, but they played the night after their First Avenue gig, and this was the set list. I was second row in the pit, general audience, it was rad. Hetfield came out to the Morricone theme, Raised his Heineken to toast us, then slammed it, burped into the mic, threw the bottle at the audience, and they killed it.

1985 Day on The Green was the only professionally shot footage of Metallica on that tour.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I had this poster on my wall in 1982. UFO on Top of The Pops, 1981 is when Phil Mogg became fascinated with Bruce Springsteen and Phil changed his lyrical style, his message turned cynical, and he turned to impressionistic visual imagery, and who ever heard of saxophone on a UFO record?

This is UFO's crack at 'Born To Run.' And it rocks harder that Born To Run. Should have been fucking huge but it wasn't and Phil and Company finally paid-off the string arrangements by Paul BuckMinster in the year 2000.

Way.jpeg

Pete Way. Bon Scott of AC/DC spent the last night of his life with Pete, trying to keep up with Pete. Steve Harris of Iron Maiden wears ridiculous trousers, because of Pete.

Pete Way told his wife he was going out for a packet of cigarettes and went on tour and was gone for months. Pete scared Ozzy Osbourne.

Geddy Lee was far a better player, Steve Harris wrote better songs, but neither match the showman Pete Way was. In fact, UFO and Rush toured in 1976, and Phil & Pete nailed Geddy's shoes to the floor, and called him Glee that entire tour.

From 1975-1981, they ruled hard rock, for my money.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Pete-Way-Phil-Collen-Steve-Harris-1979-1.jpeg 688A0910-3b-L.jpeg

1979 - Iron Maiden had released the Roundhouse Tapes, Phil Collen was gigging with a band called 'Girl' that I bought on vinyl and it wasn't very good, and Bruce Dickson was still fronting Samson.
                  That is the last image on Bon Scott ever taken, along with the photographer who took it, Ross Halfin. I have been collecting his stuff since 1981, amazing artist.

The world of rock lost Bon Scott, John Bonham, Keith Moon, and John Lennon in that short period,

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Bon Scott was found dead Feb. 19, 1980 at age 33 in East Dulwich, England in the backseat of a Renault 5 automobile belonging to local reveler Alistair Kinnear. The death certificate listed cause as “acute alcoholic poisoning” and “death by misadventure.” “Bon: The Last Highway” digs deeper into the circumstances of the singer’s passing, including the role heroin may have played.

Cliff.png GNR.png

Ross stopped being a pit photographer for UFO and switched to Metallica. I had the privilege to see Metallica in February of '85, prior to their Donnington show, which broke the band world-wide. Ross also shot the definitive photo of GnR. I had the great fortune to see GnR at the Forum in 1991.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Last edited by Caslon; 02-20-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Dominance...submission.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM