• Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

2014 NBA Draft

The NBA draft is tomorrow night.

Could/should be the most interesting NBA draft in years.

Really good draft preview at espn today: http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...-espn-magazine

and Grantland has a ridiculous amount of stuff on their site: http://grantland.com/tags/2014-nba-draft/

The name I see most commonly going to the Lakers is Kentucky's Julius Randle. He's a good player, but I'm always nervous about 6'9" guys who just overpowered people in college at the next level.

I actually think the team may trade the pick, I've seen a couple scenarios where the Lakers Trade Nash and #7 pick for a player or two... however, I doubt those are happening, as Mitch always surprises...anyone see the Nash trade, the Dwight Howard trade coming? Now, neither of those moves panned out, but they were not reported about beforehand.

I see the Lakers doing something interesting on draft night.

Lots of Drama surrounding the draft..Wiggins/Parker/Embiid... Dante Exum? Just a whole lot of intrigue, and possibly 10-12 good Pros ready to start coming out in this draft.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
    The name I see most commonly going to the Lakers is Kentucky's Julius Randle. He's a good player, but I'm always nervous about 6'9" guys who just overpowered people in college at the next level.
    Good call.

Lots of Drama surrounding the draft..Wiggins/Parker/Embiid... Dante Exum?
    Close, should have thrown Gordon in there!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Who cares about who the Lakers pick? They are going to land LBJ and Melo....

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The name I see most commonly going to the Lakers is Kentucky's Julius Randle. He's a good player, but I'm always nervous about 6'9" guys who just overpowered people in college at the next level..
        I think he'll probably always be a limited player on offense but a rebound machine on both ends. I also like that he's left handed.

Now, one year until free agency.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Kyle
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I actually think he'll be pretty good offensively. He's very aggressive and should get a lot of put backs and clean up plays around the basket. Plus he has decent post moves, some isolation moves and runs the floor really well. 50% shooter is outstanding, even if it was college. Long range is another story... needs to work on that. The analysis is that he's one of the most NBA ready guys in the draft.

He's one piece. Kobe's another. That's really all they have. I think this rebuild will be slower than Laker fans are used to cause I don't see LeBron or Melo going to the Lakers. It's Kevin Love's dream to play for the Lakers and if he's available next year, they'll get him. But he might do a sign and trade before then.
          sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            I actually think he'll be pretty good offensively. He's very aggressive and should get a lot of put backs and clean up plays around the basket. Plus he has decent post moves, some isolation moves and runs the floor really well. 50% shooter is outstanding, even if it was college. Long range is another story... needs to work on that. The analysis is that he's one of the most NBA ready guys in the draft.

He's one piece. Kobe's another. That's really all they have. I think this rebuild will be slower than Laker fans are used to cause I don't see LeBron or Melo going to the Lakers. It's Kevin Love's dream to play for the Lakers and if he's available next year, they'll get him. But he might do a sign and trade before then.
            Only problem with a sign and trade for Love is they have no players to send back to the TWolves, and by all indications...they want people who can play NOW, not draft picks. Really all the Lakers have for sure, is Kobe/Nash/Sacre. That's it.

I'd like to see Bazemore brought back, he showed potential.

Lakers will be active in free agency. I see Nash getting moved, possibly...if someone will take on his contract.

On another note, I like the PG they picked up in the 2nd round from the Wizards...Jordan Clarkson from Missouri. If he fares well in Summer League and training camp, he could be a rotation player right away. He was second on Bilas "Best Available" list at like pick 28...behind Early. To get him at 46 was a pretty good pick.

Comment

• Kyle
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Only problem with a sign and trade for Love is they have no players to send back to the TWolves, and by all indications...they want people who can play NOW, not draft picks. Really all the Lakers have for sure, is Kobe/Nash/Sacre. That's it.
              I meant that Love might do a sign and trade with another team before the Lakers get a crack at him in 2015. I think Minny see's the writing on the wall.... he's leaving, period. So they better get something for him. Of course, Love won't agree to resign with any new team unless they're a championship team in the making with other pieces besides him.
              sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                I think this rebuild will be slower than Laker fans are used to cause I don't see LeBron or Melo going to the Lakers.
                I don't want Melo and I don't see Lebron going to the Lakers. I don't really see the Lakers making big moves this offseason, instead I see them building for the 2015 season. Too many big free agents next offseason compared to this season and Nash will be off the books.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  I don't want Melo and I don't see Lebron going to the Lakers. I don't really see the Lakers making big moves this offseason, instead I see them building for the 2015 season. Too many big free agents next offseason compared to this season and Nash will be off the books.
                  It sure seems that way. Well the draft is over, wonder if Mitch and Jim have decided on a coach yet? They said they were gonna wait for the draft.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

The retard Son is gonna let Melo & Kobie pick his coach.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      The retard Son is gonna let Melo & Kobie pick his coach.
                      The Lakers will get a player on the level of Lowry or Chandler and a bunch of filler. No one is picking the coach, which I believe will be Scott
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Kyle
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        I was right there with you until today with LeBron wanting max salary. There's only a few teams that can do that, and even fewer, including the Lakers and Heat, that can do that AND still get another big free agent. I thought the Lakers had no shot at him, but they have enough room for LeBron, Kobe, another big FA, Randle and Pau who would likely return for the exemption. LeBron will probably resign with the Heat (and I'm ok with that), but the Lakers should be able to make a pitch that makes him think a little.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X