Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

obviously am not convinced that the others are "much better prospects."

jftr.... Jeremiah has called him a top tier talent, and wu's pal Brugler called him and Herbert, hands down the two best QBs in college before the start of last season.

there is more, and.... am more in the 54ninja camp, of being more concerned w/how things come out in the wash a coupla few years down the line.

agree that it seems more likely that he goes day two than one, albeit personally think we are fortunate if a QB of his talent is available late in the first.

from what I've read/surmised, would not be surprised if NE (or a trade partner) nabbed him at the end of the first, and think there might be a team or two looking @him mid second round ??

and yes, def think he's the better QB over Lock/Jones, and quite possibly Haskins/Murray as well.... the other two guys that I think end up starting are Rypien/Finley.

and the two guys that would give me pause, are Dex/Yodny....
    Yeah well some considered Leaf a better pick than Peyton Manning. That's scouting for ya.
    Most have Stidham a 3rd day pick. Honestly I don't think we would pick Murray of Haskins in the first round. No matter who it is, it's three years on the bench. I just don't see how you think he is better than Murray and Haskins. You would be the only one anywhere who thinks that.

Rivers replacement should come from the 2020 class at the earliest.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-20-2019, 07:49 PM.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah well some considered Leaf a better pick than Peyton Manning. That's scouting for ya. Most have him a 3rd day pick. Honestly I don't think we would pick Murray of Haskins in the first round. No matter who it is, it's three years on the bench. I just don't see how you think he is better than Murray and Haskins. You would be the only one anywhere who thinks that.

Rivers replacement should come from the 2020 class at the earliest.
      jftr.... 'twasn't "some," 'twas 77 percent of the UT readers (myself included
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

jftr.... 'twasn't "some," 'twas 77 percent of the UT readers (myself included
        Lol, I wasn't talking about forum posters, I was talking about the draft "experts". So a few like Stidham while most don't but he sure isn't a first round talent. JaMarcus Russell had a Better college career than Stidham did. I thought he was a second round talent but then who knew he was so lazy.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-20-2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

obviously am not convinced that the others are "much better prospects."

jftr.... Jeremiah has called him a top tier talent, and wu's pal Brugler called him and Herbert, hands down the two best QBs in college before the start of last season.

there is more, and.... am more in the 54ninja camp, of being more concerned w/how things come out in the wash a coupla few years down the line.

agree that it seems more likely that he goes day two than one, albeit personally think we are fortunate if a QB of his talent is available late in the first.

from what I've read/surmised, would not be surprised if NE (or a trade partner) nabbed him at the end of the first, and think there might be a team or two looking @him mid second round ??

and yes, def think he's the better QB over Lock/Jones, and quite possibly Haskins/Murray as well.... the other two guys that I think end up starting are Rypien/Finley.

and the two guys that would give me pause, are Dex/Yodny....
          Ast to who take or not take, that will depnd on what's there at the time.

so are saying there could be as many as 7 future starting QBs in this draft...22,5% of the league's starting QBs? I will say I don't believe Rypen or Finley have the arm to start in the NFL. Both could be solid backups. Jones has had the best coaching at the position. Stidham throws a pretty ball, but may be the worst QB under pressure in the draft. QBs get over drafted by need all the time, and it only takes one to pull the trigger, but I am not high on this draft class for QBs. Time will tell. I hope they all get drafted as high as possible by other teams so we get better prospects left on our board. With Tyrod signed I don't think we are looking QB anywhere ahead of day 3, if at all. If Stidham is on the board day 3 I would be happy to draft him. In the first? NO Fn WAY. My .02
          Last edited by Panamamike; 03-20-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

just my .02, and.... think 'tis laughable to compare Stidham to the either of Leaf/Jamarcus, and whether by inference or not, and....

have been wrong plenty of times, and am sure my odds are the usual 50/50 shot @things, and....

won't be surprised if he is indeed the better QB rather than either Murray/Haskins, and will go out on the limb and volunteer that he could well be better than Rosen/Rivers.

(not gonna bother w/the hiding behind the couch icon)

and have listed before that suspect there are a good handful of starting QBs out of this draft >> Murray, Haskins, Rypien, Finley, Stidham (Ta'amu ?)
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

BJ's Mock v2.0

1-28) Dre'mont Jones /DT Ohio st
              At 3 tech I just think Jones has a lot of untapped potential. Big need.

Other consideration: Greg Little OT/Mississippi

2-60)Yodne Cajuste /OT West Virginia
              Was going to put McGarry but seen mentions of maybe moving inside may be best for him. Maybe it isn't but going with Cajuste here. Haven't seen much of either of these guys myself to say.

Other consideration: Juan Thornhill S/Virginia

3-91) Darnell Savage FS /Maryland
              Need to fill this hole that Addae left. Watkins may start here but Savage can challenge.

Other consideration: Emanual Hall WR/ Missouri

4-130) Anthony Johnson WR /Buffalo
              Needs some route work but former basketball player, shields body against defender well for catch and fights for the ball. Can play slot or outside.

Other consideration: David Sills WR /West Virginia

5-166) Isaiah Johnson CB /Houston
              Raw but has a lot of potential, played WR first 2 seasons @ Houston. I'm hoping he lasts til the 5th and the consensus I've seen suggests it but I don't know. I like his potential and length.

​​​Other consideration: Dex Williams RB/Notre Dame

6-200)Jahlani Tavai MLB /Hawaii
              Late round talent who showed well in drills at his pro day though he didn't do any timed drills. Wanted to know those but oh well. Looks good on tape.

Other consideration: Wyatt Ray EDGE/ BC

7-240) Devine Ozigbo RB /Nebraska
              RB with size at 5'11 3/4", 230 lbs and ran his fastest 40 at 4.54 at his pro day. Very successful Senior season on a bad team rushing for nearly 1100 yards on 155 carries. Has decent hands to catch the ball.

Other consideration: Dax Raymond TE /Utah
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-21-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

BJ's Mock v2.0

1-28) Dre'mont Jones /DT Ohio st
                At 3 tech I just think Jones has a lot of untapped potential. Big need.

Other consideration: Greg Little OT/Mississippi

2-60)Yodne Cajuste /OT West Virginia
                Was going to put McGarry but seen mentions of maybe moving inside may be best for him. Maybe it isn't but going with Cajuste here. Haven't seen much of either of these guys myself to say.

Other consideration: Juan Thornhill S/Virginia

3-91) Darnell Savage FS /Maryland
                Need to fill this hole that Addae left. Watkins may start here but Savage can challenge.

Other consideration: Emanual Hall WR/ Missouri

4-130) Anthony Johnson /WR Buffalo
                Needs some route work but former basketball player, shields body against defender well for catch and fights for the ball. Can play slot or outside.

Other consideration: David Sills WR /West Virginia

5-166) Isaiah Johnson CB /Houston
                Raw but has a lot of potential, played WR first 2 seasons @ Houston. I'm hoping he lasts til the 5th and the consensus I've seen suggests it but I don't know. I like his potential and length.

​​​Other consideration: Dex Williams RB/Notre Dame

6-200)Jahlani Tavai MLB /Hawaii
                Late round talent who showed well in drills at his pro day though he didn't do any timed drills. Wanted to know those but oh well. Looks good on tape.

Other consideration: Wyatt Ray EDGE/ BC

7-240) Devine Ozigbo RB /Nebraska
                RB with size at 5'11 3/4", 230 lbs and ran his fastest 40 at 4.54 at his pro day. Very successful Senior season on a bad team rushing for nearly 1100 yards on 155 carries. Has decent hands to catch the ball.

Other consideration Dax Raymond TE /Utah
                **I can't remove the smiley on a tablet.
                Got no problems with Jones at 28 if the draft falls really bad for us....I mean, I think there will be a better player there...either a better DT, OT, S...but if the chips fall badly and there isn't, I wouldn't mind Jones on this squad.

Cajuste and Savage both solid need picks...don't know enough about your 4th and 5th picks to comment...

Like the Mike from Hawaii....either he was an overachiever, or a pro program can bring him to another level, and we have a solid guy/insurance behind Perryman
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Ast to who take or not take, that will depnd on what's there at the time.

so are saying there could be as many as 7 future starting QBs in this draft...22,5% of the league's starting QBs? I will say I don't believe Rypen or Finley have the arm to start in the NFL. Both could be solid backups. Jones has had the best coaching at the position. Stidham throws a pretty ball, but may be the worst QB under pressure in the draft. QBs get over drafted by need all the time, and it only takes one to pull the trigger, but I am not high on this draft class for QBs. Time will tell. I hope they all get drafted as high as possible by other teams so we get better prospects left on our board. With Tyrod signed I don't think we are looking QB anywhere ahead of day 3, if at all. If Stidham is on the board day 3 I would be happy to draft him. In the first? NO Fn WAY. My .02
                  In the end I don't think there are but a couple of QBs in this draft that pan out.
                  Sure five may get pushed into starting roles only to flame out and teams realize they are backups. I don't like Finley, Rypien or Jones as starters. Lock don't do much for me but he could start for some time like Bortles.
                  I'm not convinced Murray is going to be a franchise guy but he is more talented than the mentioned above. We'll see if his height holds him down.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Got no problems with Jones at 28 if the draft falls really bad for us....I mean, I think there will be a better player there...either a better DT, OT, S...but if the chips fall badly and there isn't, I wouldn't mind Jones on this squad.

Cajuste and Savage both solid need picks...don't know enough about your 4th and 5th picks to comment...

Like the Mike from Hawaii....either he was an overachiever, or a pro program can bring him to another level, and we have a solid guy/insurance behind Perryman
                    I almost put Little there at 28 and think he may be there. I'm just not a big fan of Lawrence to put him in at 28. Jones with some coaching can step up his game. I think he has more to give.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

just my .02, and.... think 'tis laughable to compare Stidham to the either of Leaf/Jamarcus, and whether by inference or not, and....

have been wrong plenty of times, and am sure my odds are the usual 50/50 shot @things, and....

won't be surprised if he is indeed the better QB rather than either Murray/Haskins, and will go out on the limb and volunteer that he could well be better than Rosen/Rivers.

(not gonna bother w/the hiding behind the couch icon)

and have listed before that suspect there are a good handful of starting QBs out of this draft >> Murray, Haskins, Rypien, Finley, Stidham (Ta'amu ?)
                      Wait,....it's laughable to compare him to Russell and Leaf.....who you admitted to liking better than Peyton,....but it's not laughable when you say Stidham may be better than Rivers? That's some serious tunnel vision!

:wtf2:
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-21-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by marconi View Post
                        My Mock is still a work in progress and will probably be completely different by next week, but I'll go ahead and open myself to potential humiliation and criticism just to jump into the mix.

I've really tried to narrow it down the best I could but I have added some optional picks in a few rounds in case earlier rounds don't go as planned.

Round 1 - OT - Andre Dillard, Washington State Ht: 6-5. Wt: 306.

Round 2 - DT - Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois Ht: 6-1. Weight: 324.

Round 3- TE -Jace Sternberger*, Texas A&M Ht: 6-4. Wt: 250. 40 Time: 4.75 or WR David Sills, West Virginia Ht: 6-4. Wt: 203. 40 Time: 4.57

Round 4 - OLB/ILB - Khalil Hodge, , Buffalo Ht: 6-1. Wt: 240 or CB Mark Fields-Clemson Ht: 5-10. Wt: 192. 40 Time: 4.37

Round 5 - S/OLB - Chase Hansen, , Utah Ht: 6-3. Wt: 220 40 Time: 4.65 or WR Andy Isabella, UMass Ht: 5-9 Wt: 188 40 Time: 4.31

Round 6 - G/C - Hjalte Froholdt, - Arkansas Ht. 6' 5" Wt. 306 (This was my sleeper pick but don't think he'll last this long) or TE Kahale Warring*, TE, SDSU Ht: 6-6. Wt: 252

Round 7 - OLB/ILB - Ulysees Gilbert III, , Akron Ht: 6-1. Wt: 225. 40 Time: 4.72.
                        Hodge ran a 4.95 and a 5.00 at his Pro Day. UDFA now. Didnt think he was much of a 6th anyways prior to that.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Hodge ran a 4.95 and a 5.00 at his Pro Day. UDFA now. Didnt think he was much of a 6th anyways prior to that.
                          There are a lot of LBs with good college tape,
                          who will not make it as pros.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X