• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

LOL. Bolts are definitely kicking the tires on QBs. My theory is this however. If we take a guy in the 1st or 2nd this year and they pan out it keeps us from having to sell the farm to move up into the top 3. I dont see us tanking anytime soon while Rivers is the QB. We have to start thinking about his exit plan. And id be fine with Simmons in the back of round 1. I dont think he would be there if healthy.

Honestly i dont think Telesco feels that they need to draft to win this year. Thats how confident in his picks and the process of development i think he is.

I simply think they go BPA on their board.

I don't think a healthy Simmons would there either. But certainly dating back to AJ, this team has had such a bad track record with getting injured players with the hopes that they'll be healthy in the future, or in the case of rookies, get healthy, and not be so far behind that they never pan out. Like at least Pork Chops was only a 5th rounder; Tuerk was a 3rd. I don't feel we have to draft a position of need, but I'd like to at least get someone who can contribute.

QB-wise, I would rather we try to win now, and deal with a post-apocalyptic QB hellscape once he's gone. I get where you're coming from though.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

I don't think a healthy Simmons would there either. But certainly dating back to AJ, this team has had such a bad track record with getting injured players with the hopes that they'll be healthy in the future, or in the case of rookies, get healthy, and not be so far behind that they never pan out. Like at least Pork Chops was only a 5th rounder; Tuerk was a 3rd. I don't feel we have to draft a position of need, but I'd like to at least get someone who can contribute.

QB-wise, I would rather we try to win now, and deal with a post-apocalyptic QB hellscape once he's gone. I get where you're coming from though.
      Well based on the cap going forward and the dearth of young talent we have we may be able to sacrifice a few drafts for Rivers replacement. But based on Telescos comments regarding free agency i think he feels like the team is primed already. That the pieces are in place. Thats how you want your GM to think. We are fairly loaded. I could easily see him using our 1st or 2nd on a QB. Its just one pick.

At any rate in excited the draft is coming up.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

handicapping the QB derby

LAC/Stidham
        Az/Murray
        Pats/Rosen
        Miami/Haskins
        Jags/Finley
        Denver/Rypien
        Redskins/Lock
        Giants/Jones

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Well based on the cap going forward and the dearth of young talent we have we may be able to sacrifice a few drafts for Rivers replacement. But based on Telescos comments regarding free agency i think he feels like the team is primed already. That the pieces are in place. Thats how you want your GM to think. We are fairly loaded. I could easily see him using our 1st or 2nd on a QB. Its just one pick.

Oh no.
          Are you going for Stidham ?

:cartman:
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• alex8080
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

in reading the previous messages here, I think that taylor is at least a bridge (if not long tem) in regards to rivers replacement. if he is solely a bridge, then next year's draft would provide better value (a good possibility of 5 1st rd qb's- eason, tua, fromm, Herbert, Costello)

taking a qb this year for value, not so sure.

honestly the only qb I like as a starter at #28 or below is thorsen (and that is a stretch to like a possible 4th rounder)

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

He could but if he is smart he would know none of the QBs in this class are worth those picks. Use them in the next draft. We already have a backup.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

...At any rate in excited the draft is coming up.
                I'm very excited for the draft and upcoming season.
                I was a little bummed-out by how it went down with the Pastys, but the way they went on to shut down the greatest show on surf made me think it was just their year.
                Certainly being able to show we can beat KC gives me great hope.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

I'm very excited for the draft and upcoming season.
                  I was a little bummed-out by how it went down with the Pastys, but the way they went on to shut down the greatest show on surf made me think it was just their year.
                  Certainly being able to show we can beat KC gives me great hope.
                  I dont think we would have put up 3 or less points. But that game against the Pats our D was in shambles. We really had no answer for power running behind a FB and Edelman was uncoverable.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I dont think we would have put up 3 or less points. But that game against the Pats our D was in shambles. We really had no answer for power running behind a FB and Edelman was uncoverable.
                    Our run defense was pretty bad without Liuget and Perryman in the lineup. I hope we draft a DT that is good against the run and find a good backup to Perryman. Not sure why we went into zone coverage against Pats/Brady. Would have liked to see Edelman get checked at the LOS. The other problem we had was with covering James White out of the backfield.

1. DT Dexter Lawrence
                    2. FS Juan Thornhill/Darnell Savage
                    3. LB Terrill Hanks/Blake Cashman
                    4. OT Mitch Hyatt

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Our run defense was pretty bad without Liuget and Perryman in the lineup. I hope we draft a DT that is good against the run and find a good backup to Perryman. Not sure why we went into zone coverage against Pats/Brady. Would have liked to see Edelman get checked at the LOS. The other problem we had was with covering James White out of the backfield.

1. DT Dexter Lawrence
                      4. OT Mitch Hyatt
                      We really needed those guys. Others as well. We really dropped the ball on Edelman. I thought we paired up nicely with him given how stellar King was all year. Honestly i think they just beat us up early. We couldnt get off the field. Then the O put them right back on the field. Their first 20 scripted plays were near perfect. Brady rendered our pass rush useless by getting the ball out so fast. Then we had no LBs to fill the gaps. Those little guys vs 21 personnel was a joke. Jamal Adams was losing it on twitter because of the D we were running. Im not sure we had a choice given the injuries.

But Lynn said the right thing. They were badly outcoached. I went at it with a bunch of twitter followers. I said the Pats during the season and the Pats in the postseason are 2 different beasts. And they showed it.

Ive heard about your draft rep. Are you doing the Group Mock with us? You should. We could use you.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

1. DT Dexter Lawrence
                        4. OT Mitch Hyatt
                        Hanks we can get as a 7th or a UDFA after he ran that 4.98 - 40,.. and I care about shuttle times than 40's but his was bad.
                        On second thought, i dont want him. We need to get faster, not slow as molasses.
                        Not a big fan of Cashman but I'd consider in the later rounds, not in the 3rd. Not fond of those choices.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-26-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hanks we can get as a 7th or a UDFA after he ran that 4.98 - 40,.. and I care about shuttle times than 40's but his was bad.
                          On second thought, i dont want him. We need to get faster, not slow as molasses.
                          Not a big fan of Cashman but I'd consider in the later rounds, not in the 3rd. Not find of those choices.
                          Terrill Hanks tweeked his hammy on that first 40 at the combine. He plays much faster than that.
                          Cashman is a day 3 guy but has physicality and upside.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X