• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Terrill Hanks tweeked his hammy on that first 40 at the combine. He plays much faster than that.
    Cashman is a day 3 guy but has physicality and upside.
    Not in the third though. He will be there later.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-26-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not in the third though. He will be there later.
      Cashman will be there, yes, Hanks no.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Cashman will be there, yes, Hanks no.
        Yes but there are others I like at OLB, but figured we weren't going there. We'll see. Why I don't have any in my clusters. Well I had one but took him out. David Long Jr in the 4th, but probably going to be a Will at the next level and we have that covered.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-26-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

We really needed those guys. Others as well. We really dropped the ball on Edelman. I thought we paired up nicely with him given how stellar King was all year. Honestly i think they just beat us up early. We couldnt get off the field. Then the O put them right back on the field. Their first 20 scripted plays were near perfect. Brady rendered our pass rush useless by getting the ball out so fast. Then we had no LBs to fill the gaps. Those little guys vs 21 personnel was a joke. Jamal Adams was losing it on twitter because of the D we were running. Im not sure we had a choice given the injuries.

But Lynn said the right thing. They were badly outcoached. I went at it with a bunch of twitter followers. I said the Pats during the season and the Pats in the postseason are 2 different beasts. And they showed it.

Ive heard about your draft rep. Are you doing the Group Mock with us? You should. We could use you.
          Thanks for the invite. This time of year is busy for me at work... and then a nice vacation. Can't do it this year.

Yeah, I would have put King on Edelman. Hopefully the coaching staff learned from their gaffe against NE. Weird thing is... they have Perryman and an assortment of undersized LB's (albeit good cover LB's). I hope they plan on drafting another LB that is good at stopping the run. Odds at having Perryman healthy during next year's playoffs isn't good. Rodney Harrison was predicting all week that the Patriots would go FB and run heavy... maybe they plan on drafting a MIKE that can backup Perryman and sub for Nwosu in passing situations. That's why I suggested Terrill Hanks at LB.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Hanks we can get as a 7th or a UDFA after he ran that 4.98 - 40,.. and I care about shuttle times than 40's but his was bad.
            On second thought, i dont want him. We need to get faster, not slow as molasses.
            Not a big fan of Cashman but I'd consider in the later rounds, not in the 3rd. Not fond of those choices.
            Hanks plays fast. Don't count on that combine 40. He impressed during the Senior Bowl. Cashman is fast, too. Good in coverage and attacks the LOS well like Perryman. Looking for a good backup to Perryman that can also cover. Germaine Pratt is another LB I like but will take a 2nd round pick to snag him... and that's a bit too early for me. After that, you have smallish LB's or bigger LB's that are coverage liabilities.

Who do you have in mind in the 3rd-5th rounds at LB...? Signing Thomas changed our needs at LB, IMO.

BTW, both Cashman and Hanks are mocked all over the place (as soon as 2nd round). Both are great immediate backup players that will be starters in 2 years (about the time Perryman's contract is up).
            Last edited by Boltnut; 03-26-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Thanks for the invite. This time of year is busy for me at work... and then a nice vacation. Can't do it this year.

Yeah, I would have put King on Edelman. Hopefully the coaching staff learned from their gaffe against NE. Weird thing is... they have Perryman and an assortment of undersized LB's (albeit good cover LB's). I hope they plan on drafting another LB that is good at stopping the run. Odds at having Perryman healthy during next year's playoffs isn't good. Rodney Harrison was predicting all week that the Patriots would go FB and run heavy... maybe they plan on drafting a MIKE that can backup Perryman and sub for Nwosu in passing situations. That's why I suggested Terrill Hanks at LB.
              Sounds good man thought i would ask. I think we end up with a thumper type. We have a bunch of guys who can come in on 3rd downs. Cover etc.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I am looking forward to watching Terril Hanks cover Noah Fant.

:thumbsup:
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Hanks plays fast. Don't count on that combine 40. He impressed during the Senior Bowl. Cashman is fast, too. Good in coverage and attacks the LOS well like Perryman. Looking for a good backup to Perryman that can also cover. Germaine Pratt is another LB I like but will take a 2nd round pick to snag him... and that's a bit too early for me. After that, you have smallish LB's or bigger LB's that are coverage liabilities.

Who do you have in mind in the 3rd-5th rounds at LB...? Signing Thomas changed our needs at LB, IMO.

BTW, both Cashman and Hanks are mocked all over the place (as soon as 2nd round). Both are great immediate backup players that will be starters in 2 years (about the time Perryman's contract is up).
                  I like Cashman, just not in the 3rd. I don't frequent a bunch of draft sites, just a couple and read pundits mocks and top 50 lists. But some of those are bad too IMO and seems they just want to make discussion from them.
                  I've never seen Cashman or Hanks as high as the 2nd but again, I don't go to many different draft sites.
                  I like Okereke better than Cashman as a later pick

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I like Cashman, just not in the 3rd. I don't frequent a bunch of draft sites, just a couple and read pundits mocks and top 50 lists. But some of those are bad too IMO and seems they just want to make discussion from them.
                    I've never seen Cashman or Hanks as high as the 2nd but again, I don't go to many different draft sites.
                    I like Okereke better than Cashman as a later pick
                    My process goes like this: 1) Go to a couple different sites (Walter, Draftek, CBS) to get lists of prospects. 2) From there, I'll select prospects that gain my attention (height/weight/position flexibility). 3) I might even check out their 40-times if available. 4) Look at "highlight" tape to see if there are "playmaker" skills. 5) Go check out the most recent (2 or 3) game-tape cut-ups.

If I like what I see, I'll check out more game tape or go check out their combine results (to check measurements). I don't trust pundits too much. Most of these guys haven't played the game and are only going on what "other" experts are saying (maybe having mis-information fed them). Their "grades" and "takes" fluctuate so much it's hard to believe they know much more than what my eyes tell me.

Thanks for the heads-up on Okereke. I hadn't watched his tape until you brought him up. He's a guy to keep an eye on in later rounds (6th?). I watched highlight (impressed) and 2 gametapes (USC/Notredame). His gametape is not as impressive IMO. Has trouble shedding blocks and has difficulties in coverage... tight hips and spacing issues. His combine numbers are pretty good, but his game-speed does not match his timed-speed. Just my opinion. Later-round guys I like better with comparable measurements: Khalil Hodge, Sione Takitaki, Ty Summers, Tyrel Dodson, Tre Watson.

Hanks and Cashman are late 3rd or early 4th round talent IMO. I would be really surprised to see them still around in the late 4th round. I see both as better than Okereke. Sorry, just my opinion.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Thanks for the detail, Nutty !
                      I have seen Cashman gone just before @ 60 somewhere.
                      Somewhere not too dicey.
                      He flies. He's dinged. He was aworkout warrior in Indy.
                      Money play for me is, I see coverage potential.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Yeah I'm not a fan of Walter at all or Draftek. The two i think are the best are CBS aka draftscout and Thehuddlereport. THR not only has a value board,but they have been keeping stats of the "experts" for years of how they do compared to themselves.

​​​​​​
                        Some pundits just suck and Schrager imo is a bad one but if they mention someone I havent seen, which is many this year....i go look.
                        they probably ly don't know more but ha e connections but so does Kiper and he sucks.

Khalil Hodge, another 4.95 - 40 guy. No thanks.
                        And a guy that didn't run well,...though not that slow,... TJ Edwards to me is more a football player than an athlete and has 10 career INTs but to me he isn't quick enough and more in the Te'o category.

Still think Cashman is a 5th on down but hopefully we get someone before then but he why not give the Jets a 6th for Lee?

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Yeah I'm not a fan of Walter at all or Draftek. The two i think are the best are CBS aka draftscout and Thehuddlereport. THR not only has a value board,but they have been keeping stats of the "experts" for years of how they do compared to themselves.

​​​​​​
                          Some pundits just suck and Schrager imo is a bad one but if they mention someone I havent seen, which is many this year....i go look.
                          they probably ly don't know more but ha e connections but so does Kiper and he sucks.

Khalil Hodge, another 4.95 - 40 guy. No thanks.
                          And a guy that didn't run well,...though not that slow,... TJ Edwards to me is more a football player than an athlete and has 10 career INTs but to me he isn't quick enough and more in the Te'o category.

Still think Cashman is a 5th on down but hopefully we get someone before then but he why not give the Jets a 6th for Lee?
                          Khalil Hodge--another true gamer who gets little respect because his 40 pro day time was "slow"...but if you watch his game tape, the dude plays fast, has great anticipation of where the play is going, always seems a step ahead of a lot of other LB's who are slow to sniff out a play, AND takes great angles, AND even has some coverage skills...honestly, Hodge reminds me a little bit of Derwin James the way is edges up and accelerates to make the tackle...oh, and did I mention he was the #2 tackler in the NATION with a total of 153 his junior year (and 144 last year)...don't laugh...watch the tape:

Last edited by Topcat; 03-27-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X