• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

I wouldn't worry about it now. It's early Nov and things will change a lot but ive seen players come out early and go undrafted like that idiot DE for SDSU for one a while back that we ended up with. Forget his name.
    looking at mocks now is trivial and means nothing.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't worry about it now. It's early Nov and things will change a lot but ive seen players come out early and go undrafted like that idiot DE for SDSU for one a while back that we ended up with. Forget his name.
      Prospect evaluation is a multi year process and constant. A 4-star prospect at a power 5 school rarely gets poor draft placement advice.
      Every team has prospect boards for years 2019, 2020, & 2021 already up.
      Mocks are just fun to get a feel for who people think fit what our Bolts need and look for in players. They are rarely correct as individual team boards vary quite broadly in prospect ratings.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Prospect evaluation is a multi year process and constant. A 4-star prospect at a power 5 school rarely gets poor draft placement advice.
        Mocks are just fun to get a feel for who people think fit what our Bolts need and look for in players. They are rarely correct as individual team boards vary quite broadly in prospect ratings.
        I understand that. I like the draft as much as the next guy but the past year ive really tamed it down.

I recall this time back in 2003 Rivers was rated a 4th rounder. As the season went on, he kept killing it out there and even i said at the time that kid is gonna be a first rounder. They still had an issue with his throwing motion which i didnt care about because Marino had a sidearm sling going on as well which worked well for him. Well we all know what happened. So im just saying these "exerts" arent really experts and things will change dramatically. I only mention it because you were wondering why a guy would come out only to be drafted in the 5th. Lots of wondering will be going on lol.

I have never cared what Kiper and McShay have to say because those guys arent any better than those who follow college football, thery just have inside info is all and they are still wrong a lot!
        I know it is fun to project, i just think doing mocks now is kinda pointless and will be til around January....and even after the combine. Yeah some say that dont count for much and i think it does some, but the one thing we will never know, is somebodies medical report and that matters a lot...unless you are Telesco wanting a injury prone undersized CB:chuckle::shrug:
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-05-2018, 04:23 PM.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• charger1993
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Tre is getting mixed evals. Some say 1st. Others say late day 3. I think Tre lamar will with with kendal joseph and that dline. Hes havung a solid season, and this is his chance to get drafted high if he test good at the combine. Which i dont think he will put up those crazy numbers. I think he'll settle at a day 3 pick.
          and michael jackson draft stock has taken a huge hit thus season with the way miami secondary is playing. Hes a day 2 pick all day.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Alao lets not forget great proapects slip all the time.
            desmond king who won the best corner in college football fell to the 5th round.
            that dt from michigan fell in the draft last year i cant recall his name right now.
            I mean stuff happens. Sometimes players dont test good, or they get bad medical reviews and plummet

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Except its fun
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Philon came out a year early and wasnt ready. The Bolts took him and trained him up. So coming out early doesnt hurt you if you have NFL talent. A team will take you late and be grateful for the bargain.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Speaking of the draft, the Chargers currently pick 28th. From NFL.com:

PICK

Chargers

Record: 6-2 (.457)
                  Previous week: No. 27
                  This week's game: at Raiders
                  Biggest needs: OT, DT, S

Five wins in a row for the Chargers, and it could easily become eight with the Raiders, Broncos andCardinals up next. The holes aren't glaring right now (aside from cleaning up that kicking game, obviously), but the Chargers should be eyeing their next protector for Philip Rivers, and preparing for life after Brandon Mebane up front on defense.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

W
                    PFF OL Rankings

A former third-round pick of the Broncos in 2014, Michael Schofield was waived before he could even finish his rookie deal. He never could quite hack it at tackle, and when the Chargers claimed him expecting to plug and play him at right tackle, they were sorely mistaken last season. His 48.1 pass-blocking grade last year on 407 snaps was one of the lowest in the league, but kicking him inside to guard this year looks to have solved some of those issues. He currently owns a 74.9 pass-blocking grade and has been a massive upgrade over their production from a season ago.
                    Thats why I continue to push for an OT in the 1st. This is the weakest position group on the team.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      W

Thats why I continue to push for an OT in the 1st. This is the weakest position group on the team.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

You assume there won't be a run on them before we pick late in the 2nd. And everybody needs OTs and reaches for them when they're available.

And from what I am seeing, it's the DTs that are dropping.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

You assume there won't be a run on them before we pick late in the 2nd. And everybody needs OTs and reaches for them when they're available.

And from what I am seeing, it's the DTs that are dropping.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X