Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

At ASU pro day......

Wren, the 6-foot-5 and 318 pounder, did not take part in any of the athletic testing because he already posted stellar numbers at Indianapolis during the NFL Scouting Combine a few weeks back. But Wren did choose to do the on-field drills, where a Chargers' scout stood close throughout it all.

Wren did not disappoint either, as his athletic abilities were on display with his thorough movement and footwork skills and he showcased the ability to move for a player of his size. The team scout in attendance did speak to Wren for quite sometime prior to his showing.

Wren would be a fantastic addition to a interior defensive line that's currently depleted. Known for his first step quickness and brute strength to bully blockers off the line of scrimmage, Wren would fit the mold of a penetrating zero-three technique at the next level.

The former Arizona State product is far from a finished product, though. He has areas of refinement, including his pad level, hands and overall consistency. If Los Angeles wants to unlock his full potential, they will likely have to grab him in the second round, which is where I expect him to go.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

We are definitely in the safety market. Abram, Thornhill with a private visit/workout, CGJ serious look, and 3 reps at Adderley's proday.
      Delaware's Pro Day draws in three representatives from the Los Angeles Chargers.

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        We are definitely in the safety market. Abram, Thornhill with a private visit/workout, CGJ serious look, and 3 reps at Adderley's proday.
        It makes too much sense. Chargers will not compete against the Pats with their corners playing back because of undependable free safety support.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Chargers coaches asked Jon Ledbetter of Georgia: "we need a 3 technique, can you do that for us?"

Well, there you go: the Chargers want to draft a 3-tech & not a 1 tech.

You can get a fat slob anywhere.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            Chargers coaches asked Jon Ledbetter of Georgia: "we need a 3 technique, can you do that for us?"

I know a lot of people like Dex Lawerence but for his production/skillset/snaps played I think we can get similar production out of later round prospects.
            Anthony Rush, Ed Alexander, or Jay-Tee Tiuli are examples.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

At ASU pro day......

Wren, the 6-foot-5 and 318 pounder, did not take part in any of the athletic testing because he already posted stellar numbers at Indianapolis during the NFL Scouting Combine a few weeks back. But Wren did choose to do the on-field drills, where a Chargers' scout stood close throughout it all.

Wren did not disappoint either, as his athletic abilities were on display with his thorough movement and footwork skills and he showcased the ability to move for a player of his size. The team scout in attendance did speak to Wren for quite sometime prior to his showing.

Wren would be a fantastic addition to a interior defensive line that's currently depleted. Known for his first step quickness and brute strength to bully blockers off the line of scrimmage, Wren would fit the mold of a penetrating zero-three technique at the next level.

The former Arizona State product is far from a finished product, though. He has areas of refinement, including his pad level, hands and overall consistency. If Los Angeles wants to unlock his full potential, they will likely have to grab him in the second round, which is where I expect him to go.
              Me likey!
              Good stuff all around, 54...thanks for the contributions.:salute:
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

A few reasons why Jeffrey Simmons is a beast......
                Chargers Wire states why the Los Angeles Chargers should take chance on selecting DT Jeffery Simmons.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

At ASU pro day......

Looks like u may have to redo your mock, Ninja...

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

The last report of a charger staff member really working out a prospect was Bradley working out Uchena. I think i even called that pick before it happened last year.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Tillery is one of the most divisive players in this here draft.

He's either a perfect fit, or he's not.

21 is going for a BlackJack !
                      I really am
                      im looking at all the so-called "safe" prospects
                      and this just might be the perfect storm of a draft to have such a gifted passrusher fall to us.
                      ala james a year ago
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I really am
                        im looking at all the so-called "safe" prospects
                        and this just might be the perfect storm of a draft to have such a gifted passrusher fall to us.
                        ala james a year ago
                        Cool. The courage of conviction.
                        I think Josh Oliver goes earlier than that, but I do like him for us.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yep...I understand Louis Nix is available...

Comment

Working...
                          X