• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

You mean a guy that won't play again because he got hurt. Like Bosa the younger?
    Bosa and Tillery were in vastly different situations. Bosa had nothing left to prove and was going to go high based on what he showed before his injury. If he had come back too soon and injured himself worse, that could have affected his draft position and cost him millions of dollars. I find it hard to fault Team Bosa for that. Tillery was never going to go faintly close to where Bosa did and had something to prove last year. He did flash enough to move up, even though there were a few questions about his consistency.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Just saying, Bosa quit on his team and Tillery did not. And sports reporter group think labeled Tillery as not completely committed to football, but added a smart guy label to Bosa.

Its all baloney.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Just saying, Bosa quit on his team and Tillery did not. And sports reporter group think labeled Tillery as not completely committed to football, but added a smart guy label to Bosa.

Its all baloney.
        I wouldn't call it quitting on his team - he would have been borderline ready to play at the end of the season and not in playing shape. There was not a reason for him to risk injury at that point.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Its all baloney.
          Best comparative analysis between BosaJr and Tillery written yet. Spot on. Tillery played thru a torn shoulder and was a leader on his team. Bosa told his team to suck it. forget about this maybe he couldn't have come back anyway - he immediately decided he wouldnt try to come back and would start focusing on the draft - in October.

But Tillery is the one not committed. uh-huh.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Best comparative analysis between BosaJr and Tillery written yet. Spot on. Tillery played thru a torn shoulder and was a leader on his team. Bosa told his team to suck it. forget about this maybe he couldn't have come back anyway - he immediately decided he wouldnt try to come back and would start focusing on the draft - in October.

But Tillery is the one not committed. uh-huh.
            Just saying i question nick bosa to. If u quit on ur team i will alwaya question your passion

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I would take him in a heartbeat. His injury was severe and would have made him only available for at best the big 10 title game and at worst the bowl game. He knew he would be a top 5 pick. It is easy to judge when it isn't your future hanging in the balance. I think me made a smart decision. it isnt like he walked away healthy to train for the draft. there is a lot of anti Team Bosa here, which i don't get, but to each their own. I think the kids are well prepared for success and work hard at getting better.

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                I would take him in a heartbeat. His injury was severe and would have made him only available for at best the big 10 title game and at worst the bowl game. He knew he would be a top 5 pick. It is easy to judge when it isn't your future hanging in the balance. I think me made a smart decision. it isnt like he walked away healthy to train for the draft. there is a lot of anti Team Bosa here, which i don't get, but to each their own. I think the kids are well prepared for success and work hard at getting better.
                Nick is a hell of a player just like his brother Joey. No one will dispute that. But you can definitely tell the mom calls the shots. Joey didnt come in just happy to play he was holding out like it was the old school draft. That family is very business first minded. They're not the type to say i just wanna play football and be the best. They're in it for the money. I dont hate them for that, its smart and football players have shorter careers than any other pro sport i can think of. Nick knew he was a top 5 pick and the smart thing to do is to leave and rehab your body. But if you believe in karma look at what just happened. He quit on ohio state first ota pulled ham strings. And depending on the severity of it it could take a while for him to get right, nicks game is more speed than joeys, so him launching off the line may be stunted until his body is 100 percent. Idk i kind of saw it as karma. And no im not an ohio state fan, no i dont hate the bosas. Yes i want nick to have a ling and great year. Just fiving my take on it

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Nick is a hell of a player just like his brother Joey. No one will dispute that. But you can definitely tell the mom calls the shots. Joey didnt come in just happy to play he was holding out like it was the old school draft. That family is very business first minded. They're not the type to say i just wanna play football and be the best. They're in it for the money. I dont hate them for that, its smart and football players have shorter careers than any other pro sport i can think of. Nick knew he was a top 5 pick and the smart thing to do is to leave and rehab your body. But if you believe in karma look at what just happened. He quit on ohio state first ota pulled ham strings. And depending on the severity of it it could take a while for him to get right, nicks game is more speed than joeys, so him launching off the line may be stunted until his body is 100 percent. Idk i kind of saw it as karma. And no im not an ohio state fan, no i dont hate the bosas. Yes i want nick to have a ling and great year. Just fiving my take on it
                  I dont think treating football as a business (it is. They should.) and wanting to be the best are mutually exclusive options.

I dont for.one second believe Bosa does not want to be the very best dlineman in football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

recall myself and quite the few others being fairly fervent Nick Perry supporters when he came out, and.... he lived up to his name.... he was oft "Nicked" up.... (just sayin'
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I dont think treating football as a business (it is. They should.) and wanting to be the best are mutually exclusive options.

I dont for.one second believe Bosa does not want to be the very best dlineman in football.
                      Its not directly tied together. But u know what i mean, the guys who play football for the love of football vs the guys who play football for the money. Rivers is a perfect example yeah he got paid but hes been willing to take pay cut after pay cut,u can see the passion inside rivers it oozes out. You can tell he wants to be the best. Vs someone like johnny manziel who was extremely talwnted but he was just playing football for the money. Idk if that helps describe what im trying to say. It makes sense in my head.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Good breakdown of our draft even though he left off Cortez.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Its not directly tied together. But u know what i mean, the guys who play football for the love of football vs the guys who play football for the money. Rivers is a perfect example yeah he got paid but hes been willing to take pay cut after pay cut,u can see the passion inside rivers it oozes out. You can tell he wants to be the best. Vs someone like johnny manziel who was extremely talwnted but he was just playing football for the money. Idk if that helps describe what im trying to say. It makes sense in my head.
                          Johnny 8-Ball grew up a rich kid. He wasn't playing for money. Football wasn't/isn't important to him because he doesn't need it.

Comment

Working...
                          X