• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    My God there is a plethora of beneficial information in this thread. You guys freaking rock. If you dont become a smarter charger fan at TPB something is wrong. We have members that supply an unending amount of inormation. Our drop down links in the navbar are loaded with helpful websites.

I just love leading you guys. This is the epitome of teamwork.

Well done. Everybody. And Thank You.
    Yep...this is the benefit of different people in this forum...different backgrounds...different takes on players and other issues...I have also learned a lot here...

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...this is the benefit of different people in this forum...different backgrounds...different takes on players and other issues...I have also learned a lot here...
      high five the office GIF by EditingAndLayout

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yeah, its Adam Schein. We need media support, lol.

1) Los Angeles Chargers

I believe the Chargers are the most talented, balanced and complete team in the NFL. Their outstanding general manager, Tom Telesco, has put together a deep and loaded roster. In a recent "Bold Predictions" column, I said the Bolts would field the NFL's best defense in 2019. Even if that proclamation comes up short, it won't be by much. Joey Bosa is heathy and ready to terrorize quarterbacks off the edge with his partner in crime, Melvin Ingram. Add in first-round pick Jerry Tillery on the interior, and that's a recipe for destruction. The linebacker core is solid, with Jatavis Brown, Denzel Perryman and the ageless Thomas Davis, while the secondary is quite strong. Derwin James has already established himself as one of the NFL's best safeties, as evidenced by his first-team All-Pro nod in Year 1. His elite play overshadowed the excellent work of Desmond King, who also earned first-team All-Pro honors. Meanwhile, second-round pick Nasir Adderley could be the perfect center fielder for this defensive backfield.

And that's just half the beauty.

Philip Rivers has shown no signs of slowing down -- I envision his name popping up in the MVP discussion yet again. The Chargers are deep and versatile at running back, with Melvin Gordon flanked by Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson. Keenan Allen is a pass-catching machine, while Mike Williams is poised for a breakout season (if last year's 10-touchdown campaign didn't already accomplish that feat). Tight end Hunter Henry is nearly a year removed from his torn ACL right now, so he should be fully ready to rock in the fall. And Rivers has operated just fine with far worse O-lines in the past.

The Chargers are loaded for bear -- just like the team across town ...

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

without really knowing much 'bout the said Adam Schein, it does show that he writes for nfl.com, and.... dude does not hold a candle to Steve.

(Randolph Hearst might like the musing, albeit think he might be outbeachcombering the beachcomber, @least in terms of sensationalism ?)
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

I'm liking the Trey Pipkens pick more and more: he has all the intangibles.
            It reminds me of the Louis Vasquez pick.

Still on the fence with the Jerry Tillery pick.

Comment

• Charged4Life
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              My God there is a plethora of beneficial information in this thread. You guys freaking rock. If you dont become a smarter charger fan at TPB something is wrong. We have members that supply an unending amount of inormation. Our drop down links in the navbar are loaded with helpful websites.

I just love leading you guys. This is the epitome of teamwork.

Well done. Everybody. And Thank You.
              I can't be any dumber.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                without really knowing much 'bout the said Adam Schein, it does show that he writes for nfl.com, and.... dude does not hold a candle to Steve.

(Randolph Hearst might like the musing, albeit think he might be outbeachcombering the beachcomber, @least in terms of sensationalism ?)
                Schein is more of a TV guy, kind of loud, but he seems to be the one pundit that has been more pro-Chargers throughout the years than the other national press, except maybe Chris Berman.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Some people are really excited about the scheme fit with Tillery and Adderley. Add me as one. They really do fit what we are looking for at both spots. Adderley has the range you need at FS in the 1 deep look. He can slide down inside, but is really better roaming the middle of the field, breaking on the ball. We can also mix things up a bit with James, who can play FS like stuff, to do a change of pace thing. Tillery adds a power guy who can one or two gap, and can play either DT spot. Adding a player like him really can help compliment Bosa and Ingram.

The thing is with Tillery is that he has the potential to be a kid who has so many other interests is he really going to be ready to do what it takes to be a pro bowl caliber player. I get where this is coming from. A lot of kids that age who are bright know there is a lot of different things he could do. Some of them have trouble staying focused on what their highest priority should be. On paper, with all his other interests and his only having done it for 1 year, it is pretty easy to say he is kinda a high-risk guy. The flip side is there are plenty of reasons why his career at ND tracked the way it did, and you have to admit, his play his senior year really got to the next level. He was doing some things right.

So the question is, is Tillery the kinda kid who was just looking to cash in, or did he figure it out? In my mind, he reminds me some of Rochelle. He has a support system of guys around him in terms of vets and other ND guys that he is going to be in a good situation for him. I like the makeup of our locker room and coaches better than a lot of teams, so I'm pretty optimistic of him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Some people are really excited about the scheme fit with Tillery and Adderley. Add me as one. They really do fit what we are looking for at both spots. Adderley has the range you need at FS in the 1 deep look. He can slide down inside, but is really better roaming the middle of the field, breaking on the ball. We can also mix things up a bit with James, who can play FS like stuff, to do a change of pace thing. Tillery adds a power guy who can one or two gap, and can play either DT spot. Adding a player like him really can help compliment Bosa and Ingram.

The thing is with Tillery is that he has the potential to be a kid who has so many other interests is he really going to be ready to do what it takes to be a pro bowl caliber player. I get where this is coming from. A lot of kids that age who are bright know there is a lot of different things he could do. Some of them have trouble staying focused on what their highest priority should be. On paper, with all his other interests and his only having done it for 1 year, it is pretty easy to say he is kinda a high-risk guy. The flip side is there are plenty of reasons why his career at ND tracked the way it did, and you have to admit, his play his senior year really got to the next level. He was doing some things right.

So the question is, is Tillery the kinda kid who was just looking to cash in, or did he figure it out? In my mind, he reminds me some of Rochelle. He has a support system of guys around him in terms of vets and other ND guys that he is going to be in a good situation for him. I like the makeup of our locker room and coaches better than a lot of teams, so I'm pretty optimistic of him.
                    I think this is spot on...biggest reason I didn't want Tillery was the question of whether or not he needed or loved the game...but I am hopeful that being in this locker room, and part of a winning team, will keep football at the top of his list for the next 5-10 years...the talent is definitely there. I think the risk is that he doesn't need football....let's hope he stays in love with, and wants football...and wants to be a winner.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

i think the outside interest stuff is way over blown. From all accounts he works his ass off when it is time to work and he is a well lked team mate. Rather he had an interest in cooking and the stock market than clubbing, bling and makin babies a la Cromartie.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                        i think the outside interest stuff is way over blown. From all accounts he works his ass off when it is time to work and he is a well lked team mate. Rather he had an interest in cooking and the stock market than clubbing, bling and makin babies a la Cromartie.
                        It's also important to point out that he played through a torn labrum for the last 8 games of the year. And in my opinion, guys without a love for the game and/or their teammates won't do these things. I expect him to be a beast for us.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

It's also important to point out that he played through a torn labrum for the last 8 games of the year. And in my opinion, guys without a love for the game and/or their teammates won't do these things. I expect him to be a beast for us.
                          You mean a guy that won't play again because he got hurt. Like Bosa the younger?
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X