• Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Favorite Charger moments Good & Bad

What are some of your more memorable Charger games you've attended ?

Good:
    Mine would have to be LT's record breaking TD game Vs the Broncos :salute:in 2006
    you could literally feel the emotion & electricity in the air after LT ran to the left on the famous power50 play...it's funny because I never noticed that Lo Neal slipped/tripped on the play & didn't block anyone, on that record breaking TD (I think LoNeal talks about it in LT's "a football life" )

Bad:
    I'll throw in a bad memory too.....The Play Off loss Vs the Patriots :-/ We were going crazy after McCree intercepted Brady & then in the middle of going crazy and mosh pitting with fellow fans.....Just like that ...Pooooof....Atleast we felt Victory during that game for a few seconds. That could of been the first year we would of had a Championship game @ the Q......We all got super fucked up afterwards, Somehow my buddy ended up ripping his own pants off after guzzling half a bottle of SoCo...He rode home in the back of the truck
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Favorite good time - The playoff game in which we beat the Dolphins before beating the Stillers for the AFC Championship. Mark Seay big catch. Stoyanovich big choke.

Favorite bad times? - I guess the game we beat the shit out of the Dolphins and Gary Anderson made one of the greatest runs of all time. Then we went on to be terrible. Or that season we were awful and the Saints were kind of good and we beat them on a big throw to some receiver who got hurt and never played again. He made the catch like a yard short of the end zone and then we kicked in the winning field goal. Or that pre-season game we were playing somebody good like the 49ers; and Jim McMahon came back on the field for us for a last-play game-winning touchdown pass. Or just anything the San Diego Chicken ever did. I liked the routine when he'd have some fake Raider stay on the field after teams went into the locker room. The Raider would be all-dick and the Chicken would run on the field and kick his ass. Or the time Tony Martin "accidentally" smashed into Al Davis. Or the game we lost against, I think, the Cowboys, but we had a zillion sacks on them. Billy Ray, Lee Williams, Leslie O'Neal. Was Chip Banks on the team then? I can't remember. Anyway, we had a badass pass rush that year. Just not much else. Or maybe just anything Little Train James ever did. That dude was a blast to watch for the short and terrible time he was with us. Good bad times, for sure. Ain't we lucky we had em.
    Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-07-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Both - That time at band camp,

When Yuba stuck his YPC up his ass...

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
        What are some of your more memorable Charger games you've attended ?

Good:
        Mine would have to be LT's record breaking TD game Vs the Broncos :salute:in 2006
        you could literally feel the emotion & electricity in the air after LT ran to the left on the famous power50 play...it's funny because I never noticed that Lo Neal slipped/tripped on the play & didn't block anyone, on that record breaking TD (I think LoNeal talks about it in LT's "a football life" )

Bad:
        I'll throw in a bad memory too.....The Play Off loss Vs the Patriots :-/ We were going crazy after McCree intercepted Brady & then in the middle of going crazy and mosh pitting with fellow fans.....Just like that ...Pooooof....Atleast we felt Victory during that game for a few seconds. That could of been the first year we would of had a Championship game @ the Q......We all got super fucked up afterwards, Somehow my buddy ended up ripping his own pants off after guzzling half a bottle of SoCo...He rode home in the back of the truck
        Ditto on both. The next best game attended was the Indy playoff game, the second worst was the loss to the Donkeys after being ahead 24-0, followed by "4th and 29".

Comment

• Boltergeist
          Pesky apparition
          • Jun 2013
          • Baja Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Of games I attended the worst by far was losing to the Duhs at home in the AFC Championship game. Oilers the year before sucked, too.

Went to a lot of great games, but don't know which one to go with... maybe the Indy playoff game... maybe the Bills game that Alex posted a couple of weeks ago. The walk off TD in OT by LT in TN was pretty amazing.

Edit: I guess "attended" means you had to be there. Next time I'll read the instructions.
          Last edited by Boltergeist; 10-07-2014, 06:41 PM. Reason: Reading comprehension

Comment

• Sec-E4
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2014
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

@Bolt-O

Yah ! The Colts game was pretty bad ass ! That was when Colts kicker missed the game winning FieldGoal & then Sproles scored the winning TD !! Right ? I remember it started raining pretty hard towards the end of the game

Comment

• Blue Thunder
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Arlington, TX
              • Send PM

Good - Living in Texas, I haven't had the chance to see very many Chargers games in person, but I have a couple of good ones. The Chargers / Cowboys game in JerryWorld during the inaugural season (2009) of the stadium. I paid over $500 for four seats but I got to share the experience with my Dad, my son, and my brother-in-law... and the Chargers won.

A close second would be the Chargers / Cowboys game in September 2001. It was right after 9/11 and it was LT's rookie year. I also watched that one with my Dad... and again the Chargers won, led by Doug Flutie and a Tim Dwight punt return for a TD.

Another one definitely worth mentioning was the 2004 season opener in Houston. It was the Chargersfans.net "official" roadtrip game for that year, so I got to meet several of the CFN guys in person... BoltBug, Panama, LVBoltFan, Thunder, Parcells, and a few others. I think that Mad Dog and Viejo Bolt were there also. I still remember walking across the Texans' parking lot, prior to the game, from the hotel in our Chargers gear and some guy dressed in a referee's uniform came out of nowhere and was loudly blowing his whistle. When he got close, he threw a flag near us and called a penalty on us for being Chargers fans. Sounds stupid, I know, but at the time, it was pretty funny. During the rest of the walk to Thunder's tailgate, whenever the Texans' fans booed us, we just kept saying, "Hey, at least we're not Raiders' fans!". That always got a chuckle. During the 4th quarter, ironically, the power went out in Reliant Stadium and the game was delayed for 15 minutes while all the computers in the stadium rebooted... Oh, and the Chargers won.

Bad - The only Chargers game that I have attended in person in which the Chargers lost was a real doozy! It was the first Chargers game I ever saw live. It was week three of 1998 in Arrowhead Stadium. Mr. "1-for-15-for-4-yards" managed to turn the ball five times (I think it was five) and the Chargers were totally outplayed the whole game. It was in a driving rainstorm, I was sitting next to a good buddy of mine who is a Chiefs fan, and I was surrounded by a whole sea of red. I got drenched and we got creamed. Prior to the game, I actually got there when the gates opened at 10 am and got Mr. "He Who Shall Not Be Named" to sign my game program. He only signed four autographs prior to the game and that was it. So, I'm pretty sure that I have the only game program signed by the worst Charger in history on his absolute worst day as a pro. Probably the worst performance ever by any Charger. The only good thing about the game is that the ticket was free. I sure ended up paying for it in other ways though.

Comment

• Buck
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Favorite Charger moments Good & Bad

LT OT TD @ OAK 2003 and Sproles TD in OT agains Indy in playoffs are probably the top 2 for me.

LT's TD was huge because we hadn't beat the raiders in like 9 games and the emotion I felt when we won was amazing.

Sproles TD vs Indy was the best feeling I've ever had at a game.

I don't have a favorite bad moment.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Both of these will be regular season games that stick with me because I was there. One bad that I had tickets for but wasn't there. And I have 2 bad games.

Favorite: I liked seeing Flutie scramble for the win vs the Bills but my favorite was the game vs the Bengals in 2001. It was only the 3rd game of the season. Bolts won to go 3-0. Saw LT as a rookie and he was great, 3 TDs. Even better was the defense, a bunch of turnovers. The best were Seau and Rodney that day. They were clocking everyone that dared go over the middle pissing off the Bengals WRs all day.

Bad: Chargers in Oakland. I went to games for 5 years straight in Oakland. This was the 2nd to last. The last ended violently… 1998 vs the Raiders. It was a horrible game for both sides but the Chargers defense had total control of the game. Leaf obviously sucked. But all the fans around me started leaving in the 4th and were congradulating me on the win. In the 4th quarter the Raiders benched their QB for Wade Wilson who mustve been 55 at the time and one of the Bolts crappy CBs let Jett get behind him for what seemed like a 111 yard TD but was probably 75 yards. Wearing my Chargers gear that day was an awful feeling leaving the Coliseum.

The other was the Super Bowl. I actually had a ticket but got it too late to use it. My dad sold em. My very new girlfriend(now my wife) invited me to watch the game at her house. Little did I know they invited their extended family and neighbors over to watch the game. Not only was it too distracting to watch the game with kids running around and most people rooting against the Bolts but I got the third degree from the extended family.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Both of these will be regular season games that stick with me because I was there. One bad that I had tickets for but wasn't there. And I have 2 bad games.

Favorite: I liked seeing Flutie scramble for the win vs the Bills but my favorite was the game vs the Bengals in 2001. It was only the 3rd game of the season. Bolts won to go 3-0. Saw LT as a rookie and he was great, 3 TDs. Even better was the defense, a bunch of turnovers. The best were Seau and Rodney that day. They were clocking everyone that dared go over the middle pissing off the Bengals WRs all day.

Bad: Chargers in Oakland. I went to games for 5 years straight in Oakland. This was the 2nd to last. The last ended violently… 1998 vs the Raiders. It was a horrible game for both sides but the Chargers defense had total control of the game. Leaf obviously sucked. But all the fans around me started leaving in the 4th and were congradulating me on the win. In the 4th quarter the Raiders benched their QB for Wade Wilson who mustve been 55 at the time and one of the Bolts crappy CBs let Jett get behind him for what seemed like a 111 yard TD but was probably 75 yards. Wearing my Chargers gear that day was an awful feeling leaving the Coliseum.

The other was the Super Bowl. I actually had a ticket but got it too late to use it. My dad sold em. My very new girlfriend(now my wife) invited me to watch the game at her house. Little did I know they invited their extended family and neighbors over to watch the game. Not only was it too distracting to watch the game with kids running around and most people rooting against the Bolts but I got the third degree from the extended family.
                    I was at the Super Bowl. Super Bowl parties were a blast. Super Bowl itself was only cool because I got to shake George Foreman's hand. I don't like boxing and don't give a shit about celebrities, but, damn, that dude has the biggest hands I have ever seen.

I'm sure Mr. Hoarse has a joke about big hands.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Good - beating the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship game and attending the welcome home gathering when they got off the plane after the game. Such a great vibe its hard to describe without de-evolving to a Don't King-ism.

Worst a fumbled interception to ice the game in the AFC Championship game vs NE.

My wife says I still mumble about that game in my sleep, but I have no memory of it contiously.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Ditto on both. The next best game attended was the Indy playoff game, the second worst was the loss to the Donkeys after being ahead 24-0, followed by "4th and 29".
                        Havent attended enough since Fouts days.

Fav on tv was LT breaking the TD record, win in Pitt to go to SB and Indy win by Sproles run.

Screw the negatives

Comment

Working...
                        X