• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

That Patriots loss was probably the healthiest LT has been for a playoff game, So with 6 minutes left & a Healthy LT in his prime, I'd say that's enough to seal the victory. That McCree interception would of changed momentum for sure !

I literally loss my voice from yelling & cheering, I had a job interview the next day & the boss man asked what happened ? I told him I was at the Charger game & he felt my pain, He was also at the game, Needless to say, I probably got the job because of the Chargers
    Last edited by Sec-E4; 10-08-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
      That Patriots loss was probably the healthiest LT has been for a playoff game, So with 6 minutes left & a Healthy LT in his prime, I'd say that's enough to seal the victory. That McCree interception would of changed momentum for sure !
      Well he did intercept it and it didn't. We still had to stop them. We still needed first downs at least and points to ice the game. Those are things we didn't do anyway. We went 3 and out after they tied it. We allowed a 2 point conversion.

But yeah it was a momentum changing play. We had just scored to go up by 8 and got them to 4th down. If the pass was simply knocked down or incomplete we probably keep momentum.

But that INT would not have won that game by itself.... the fumble as a momentum changer I can agree with but it is unfair to say McCree was an idiot to try for a return. He got stripped and that sucked but getting stripped is not a bone head play. McCree was actually a decent player for us and he is unfairly remembered only with disdain.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        Well he did intercept it and it didn't. We still had to stop them. We still needed first downs at least and points to ice the game. Those are things we didn't do anyway. We went 3 and out after they tied it. We allowed a 2 point conversion.

But yeah it was a momentum changing play. We had just scored to go up by 8 and got them to 4th down. If the pass was simply knocked down or incomplete we probably keep momentum.

But that INT would not have won that game by itself.... the fumble as a momentum changer I can agree with but it is unfair to say McCree was an idiot to try for a return. He got stripped and that sucked but getting stripped is not a bone head play. McCree was actually a decent player for us and he is unfairly remembered only with disdain.
        You can say the same regarding Kaeding.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE MCCREES INT WOULD NOT HAVE CLINCHED VICTORY OVER NE. I knew it wouldn't the second he intercepted it, there was too much time left in a one possession game and Tom Brady. He should have got the most on the return that he could get. He should have tried to score. WHY OH WHY PETE?!?! WHY DO PEOPLE REMEBER THAT INCORRECTLY AS IF HE FALLS TO THE GROUND AND THE GAME IS OVER. THERE WOULD STILL HAVE BEEN OVER 6 MINUTES LEFT IN A ONE POSSESSION GAME EVEN IF MCCREE TOOK A KNEE!
          F PETE. I don't love for PETE if PETE thinks McCree's fumble wasn't horrible and the turning point. It was an 8 point game when the Cheatriots got the ball back with 6 minutes and ran 5 plays before the pick. It was a desperate attempt on 4th down. Fumble. New Life. Reche Caldwell. Classy Dancing Cheatriots. PETE isn't alone, F Mcree too. And F the Raiders.

Comment

• Sec-E4
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2014
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

I remember McCree for his fumble against the Patriots & for his huge Hit on T. J. Houshmandzadeh after trailing big at the half in Cinci

Check it out !! I haven't watched it in awhile
            Last edited by Sec-E4; 10-08-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
              F PETE. I don't love for PETE if PETE thinks McCree's fumble wasn't horrible and the turning point. It was an 8 point game when the Cheatriots got the ball back with 6 minutes and ran 5 plays before the pick. I was a desperate attempt on 4th down. Fumble. New Life. Reche Caldwell. Classy Dancing Cheatriots. PETE isn't alone, F Mcree too. And F the Raiders.
              Ok. Just as long as your memory is correct and you don't wrongly think he was selfish idiot for intercepting and trying to return a ball he should have knocked down I am satisfied.

It was a momentum changing play and we played like ass at the end of that game. I guess thats why its focused on so much, it just bugs when people recall the play as something that would have ended the game. We still could have easily lost with out McCrees fumble....we just couldn't handle those situations under Marty.

Jammer getting beat by Caldwell for 49 yards on third and 10 is the worse play and Jammer wasn't hated on forever the way poor Marlon is.
              Last edited by BlazingBolt; 10-08-2014, 02:19 PM.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

butter Fingers Eric Parker dropped 2 passes & muffed that return, That was just as bad as McCree's fuck up, The only difference is McCree did it in the 4th
                Last edited by Sec-E4; 10-08-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ok. Just as long as your memory is correct and you don't wrongly think he was selfish idiot for intercepting and trying to return a ball he should have knocked down I am satisfied.
                  F that entire memory anyway and F the F'n Raiders. This one was awesome. Loudest the Q has ever been, at least loudest of anytime I've ever been there:

Comment

• Boltimore
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Naples, FL
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Best: Pupunu touchdown and pineapple celebration vs. Steelers.

Worst: McCree interception/fumble vs. Patriots.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                      THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                      Generous Donor
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

****Edited to fit the thread rules*****

GOOD
                      Beating CIN 26-24 in Cincy (JJ's falling backward one hand catch in the end zone game) - '79
                      Beating CIN 31-14 in Cincy - '80
                      Beating CIN 44-41 in Cincy (Breech NEVER misses, Boomer's 1st start for Bengals, Little Train goes wild)
                      Beating IND in Indy late season '95 (I was there w/lightnin' - great game)
                      Beating WAS season opener '01 - LT's 1st game (the 9/11 happened and I had to drive home from SD to KY)
                      Beating BUF in '01 - our last win that year - flew back out to SD w/lightnin' a month after 9/11 in a "middle finger" gesture to the terrorists
                      Beating TEN in '04 - (hey, we're good!)
                      Beating TEN in Nashville on XMAS '09

BAD
                      Losing to CIN In Cincy 27-10 (and it wasn't that close) - '88 - Mark Malone was our QB
                      Losing to CIN in Cincy 38-31 & seeing Stan Humphries take his last snap as a pro in CINCY; concussion ending his career
                      Losing to IND 17-12 in Indy - '98 - Manning vs Leaf
                      Losing to DEN 37-13 in SD - '03 - we looked terrible
                      Losing to DAL 28-24 in SD - '05 - No Gates, phantom roughing call on Castillo, Jammer spectacular INT called back for holding, four shots at end zone to win and blew it
                      Last edited by KYBoltsFan; 10-09-2014, 06:04 AM.
                      NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Beast: 1994 season starting in Denver with the big comeback win and Junior's pick. I broke the couch bed jumping up and down.

Wurst: N0rv.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• mikec
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          one of the Bolts crappy CBs let Jett get behind him for what seemed like a 111 yard TD but was probably 75 yards
                          I remember Terrance "Toast" Shaw taunting Jett on the previous play for shutting Jett down all day, then Shaw blows the coverage with under 2 minutes remaining. What an effing maroon. On the other hand, who would have expected James "Hands of stone" Jett actually catching any pass?

Comment

Working...
                          X