• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
    Another contributing factor to that Pats loss was letting them drive down the field and score at the end of the 1st half. That was a classic 'why aren't we ahead by 3TDs' kind of game, where we dominated almost everything - including bonehead plays and player implosion. The McCree pick/fumble was really just the 'beginning of the end'. We were so much better than them that even with all those mistakes we still had the lead with under 3min, and had the ball and 1min down 3. Speaking of the final drive that led to the missed 58yd FG, Rivers missed a wide open Gates on the boundary that would have stopped the clock and got us about 15yds closer...he mentioned it in his post game presser.

Add in the 'dancing'/almost brawl, LT's poor handling of his presser, and the ensuing power struggle that ended up w/Norv and Fat Teddy as our 'leaders'...the franchise and fanbase is just now getting over that loss.
    Yup, I remember very clearly we went up 14-3 near the end of the half and I was starting to feel comfortable despite some of the sloppy play. Then we let Brady go down the field in prevent defense to score to make it 14-10 and all of a sudden everything was in doubt.

To this day I firmly believe if we had simply handed Tomlinson the ball about 35 times we would have ran them out of the stadium.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Yup, I remember very clearly we went up 14-3 near the end of the half and I was starting to feel comfortable despite some of the sloppy play. Then we let Brady go down the field in prevent defense to score to make it 14-10 and all of a sudden everything was in doubt.

To this day I firmly believe if we had simply handed Tomlinson the ball about 35 times we would have ran them out of the stadium.
      Marty defenders will always make excuses about "bad luck" in the playoffs but this post here demonstrates the guy just had no idea how to win playoff games. I loved the guy but he just didn't get it. Once his teams made the playoffs he suddenly forgot how to coach.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

hands down worst... well, it had Steve Young in it.
        After that, think snow and Cincinnati.

Comment

Working...
        X