Clear All
  • KYBoltsFan
    THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    You were at all of those? Wow!

Remember, folks, this is supposed to be about games we've attended in person.
    Fixed it.

GOOD
    Beating CIN 26-24 in Cincy (JJ's falling backward one hand catch in the end zone game) - '79
    Beating CIN 31-14 in Cincy - '80
    Beating CIN 44-41 in Cincy (Breech NEVER misses, Boomer's 1st start for Bengals, Little Train goes wild)
    Beating IND in Indy late season '95 (I was there w/lightnin' - great game)
    Beating WAS season opener '01 - LT's 1st game (the 9/11 happened and I had to drive home from SD to KY)
    Beating BUF in '01 - our last win that year - flew back out to SD w/lightnin' a month after 9/11 in a "middle finger" gesture to the terrorists
    Beating TEN in '04 - (hey, we're good!)
    Beating TEN in Nashville on XMAS '09

BAD
    Losing to CIN In Cincy 27-10 (and it wasn't that close) - '88 - Mark Malone was our QB
    Losing to CIN in Cincy 38-31 & seeing Stan Humphries take his last snap as a pro in CINCY; concussion ending his career
    Losing to IND 17-12 in Indy - '98 - Manning vs Leaf
    Losing to DEN 37-13 in SD - '03 - we looked terrible
    Losing to DAL 28-24 in SD - '05 - No Gates, phantom roughing call on Castillo, Jammer spectacular INT called back for holding, four shots at end zone to win and blew it
    NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

I haven't been to very many games...

Good - Chargers vs Rams - LT has a monster game and the most punishing stiff arm I've ever seen.
      Bad - Chargers vs Jets playoffs loss in 2004 season. I was in the end zone where Kaeding missed the FG. Horrible.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I've only seen them live once, and that was in Minnesota, the year after they went 15-1. So they were good.

Favorite Moment: Alfred Pupunu catching that LONG TD pass from Stan Humphries to take the lead in Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game.

Worst Moment: Marlon. McCree.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          I've only seen them live once, and that was in Minnesota, the year after they went 15-1. So they were good.
          Chargers went 12-4 in 1979 and 2004, 13-3 in 2009, and 14-2 in 2006, but they have never gone 15-1. (Until this season, of course.)
          Adipose

Comment

• BoltBalls
            Always keep eye contact!
            • Jun 2013
            • SD!
            • Send PM

Good: Definitely the Indy wildcard game with the Sproles TD in overtime, it was insanity at the Q. Was certainly epic, although the LT record breaker was also incredible to see in person.

Bad: Without a doubt, Marlon McCree fumble against the Pats in the divisional game at the Q. The Pats fans (and players) were ridiculous after that game, I almost got into two or three fights.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Marlon Mcree's play amounted to a failed 4th down stop. If the pass was completed for a first down it is not remembered. It was the smallest part of the epic meltdown at the end of that game. We still had an 8 point lead late in the 4th quarter after that play and plenty of chances to win the game.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Chargers went 12-4 in 1979 and 2004, 13-3 in 2009, and 14-2 in 2006, but they have never gone 15-1. (Until this season, of course.)
                No, it was the year after the Vikings went 15-1. And the chargers were starting Erik Kramer.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                  No, it was the year after the Vikings went 15-1. And the chargers were starting Erik Kramer.
                  Oh, right, sorry, my bad! :redface:

Were we at least competitive in that game?
                  Adipose

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

Oh, right, sorry, my bad! :redface:

Were we at least competitive in that game?
                    Actually yes, they were. I think they lost by 7 or 8 or something, but they played hard and most of the Vikings fans were disgusted by their team's effort.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2014
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

So far McCree's Immaculate deception leads the way

I guess that's why that loss hurt so much, Because we made so many mistakes. Marty did his Job & somehow got canned
                      The bad outweighed the good even thou we went 14-2 :-/

All in all, even thou we haven't got a ring yet, Atleast Rivers has confidence & knows what it take to win big games now

Slide that window open fellas

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                        Marlon Mcree's play amounted to a failed 4th down stop. If the pass was completed for a first down it is not remembered. It was the smallest part of the epic meltdown at the end of that game. We still had an 8 point lead late in the 4th quarter after that play and plenty of chances to win the game.
                        This! There were so many plays in that game that contributed to that loss. The Mcree play certainly cost us huge but it was not necessarily the biggest play of that game. Don't forget Marty's decisions on the 4th and 11 AND to review the Mcree play that cost us a TO that we really needed at the end, LT chewing up the Pats in the first half and then barely touching the ball in the 2nd half with the lead, Rivers throwing the ball right to R. Colvin, the D Flo head butt, Parker's dropped punt, Jammer getting beat by Reche Caldwell (RECHE CALDWELL!!), the Pats direct snap to Faulk for the 2-point conversion and of course...Keading missing a makeable FG as time ran out (insert that needed TO here).

Not defending McRee but even if he had held on to that pick, IIRC, the Pats most likely still would have gotten the ball back.

The game as a whole is my worst memory as a Charger fan. I was there, my wife and flew in just for the game and I was so upset after that game that it changed the way I watch sports forever. Never will I let myself feel that let down after a game I had nothing to do with again.
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                          Did we win?
                          • Jun 2013
                          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                          • Send PM

Another thing that irks me so bad about that game is our loss led to Manning winning his only Super Bowl. There is NO way...NO WAY the Colts would have come in and beaten the Chargers in the AFCCG the next week. Of course, I did not think there was any way the Pats would do it either. Ugh...that was a good team that had it all in front of them and had to actually work hard to lose it. And they did...
                          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                          X