Chargers open -6.5, now -6.
    Line down to -4.5.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      Our front 7 better be ready for a healthy dose of Tre Mason. If they get him rolling it will be a long day for us. Gotta take him away and make the noob QB carry the load.
      Hill is far from a noob. He has been around for quite a while.....13 years in fact. Although a career backup for the most part, he has started 26 games over the course of his career. Not Favre by any means, but not a noob either.

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

I'll take my chances with our QB, bad ribs and all, over Hill.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Id like to see more Mathews in the passing game. I dont think we really can appreciate what Woody did for us on 3rd downs. He and Hardwick were monumental losses for us. When i think of Rivers success over the years i think about guys like Sproles and Woody. When they are on the field hes a different QB. I think Rivers despite being injured is rattled somewhat. He dosnt look all that comfortable in the pocket. We need to run a lot of max protect and play small ball. And establish a run game with Mathews who can run and receive. The Rams can rush the passer. So let them. Take advantage of it with Draws and screens. And quick slants. They are not a good run defensive team. Denver never even tried to establish the run. They just went right to their savior and if he has to drop back 53 times he will get rattled. Hes shown in the past that he crumbles once he gets hit. Hes playing with a neck that could cripple him if he gets hit the wrong way. That has to have an impact on Manning. Its time we just do what we have to do to get manageable 3rd down and shorts. Take time off the clock. And let our fresh defense thats back to health rape the Rams shitty offense. I dont buy that offense at all. I like Mason but nothing about the Rams passing attack scares me other than Cook. They remind me a little of the Titans offensively from last year. I think we can learn from those mistakes and take this game.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I would like to see Mathews used in the red zone all day long unless he is winded. Down hill running will help Rivers and stay the pass rush a little. It will also open up the play action.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Id like to see more Mathews in the passing game. I dont think we really can appreciate what Woody did for us on 3rd downs. He and Hardwick were monumental losses for us. When i think of Rivers success over the years i think about guys like Sproles and Woody. When they are on the field hes a different QB. I think Rivers despite being injured is rattled somewhat. He dosnt look all that comfortable in the pocket. We need to run a lot of max protect and play small ball. And establish a run game with Mathews who can run and receive. The Rams can rush the passer. So let them. Take advantage of it with Draws and screens. And quick slants. They are not a good run defensive team. Denver never even tried to establish the run. They just went right to their savior and if he has to drop back 53 times he will get rattled. Hes shown in the past that he crumbles once he gets hit. Hes playing with a neck that could cripple him if he gets hit the wrong way. That has to have an impact on Manning. Its time we just do what we have to do to get manageable 3rd down and shorts. Take time off the clock. And let our fresh defense thats back to health rape the Rams shitty offense. I dont buy that offense at all. I like Mason but nothing about the Rams passing attack scares me other than Cook. They remind me a little of the Titans offensively from last year. I think we can learn from those mistakes and take this game.
              getting Royal a running start behind LOS on that rush play last week worked well too. time to put more reverses in with him and maybe Allen.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                getting Royal a running start behind LOS on that rush play last week worked well too. time to put more reverses in with him and maybe Allen.
                More rubs with Royal and Allen as well. That play works well for us. Probably tee'd that one up. lol

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

The rubs seem to have disappeared from our game.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think the Rams might be in for a big let down. Just beat the 'best team in the AFC'. Now traveling to the west coast. Chargers look vulnerable. Rams are young.

Rivers is the key. I suppose he always is, but especially this week. If he can play like the old, pre-ribs Rivers, Chargers win in a blow out.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I think the Rams might be in for a big let down. Just beat the 'best team in the AFC'. Now traveling to the west coast. Chargers look vulnerable. Rams are young.

Rivers is the key. I suppose he always is, but especially this week. If he can play like the old, pre-ribs Rivers, Chargers win in a blow out.

TG
                      Hey Adam, that's what Eve said.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                        Pesky apparition
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Baja Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Rams vs. Chargers. I hope Dodge has bought a lot of the advertising time for this one.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                          if we can lean on the running game like last year and find our short passing game, it will help Rivers and the offense a ton.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X