• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

If Simmons falls to 2 we should trade Russell.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Lots of talk about the Lakers trading the #2 and Russell or Randle or Clarkson...

Some talk of Paul George because he's an LA kid, but it's going to be wait and see.

I think if they keep the pick and do get Simmons... I think Randle could be on the move.

With the amount of Cap room, and the #2 pick and 4 rotation guys from the last 2 drafts in Russel/Clarkson/Randle/Nance... the team is going to look very different.

And I do want Festis Ezeli as the new starting center. His contract is up. He's 26, and he has familiarity with Luke. GSW isn't going to be able to afford to pay him what he's worth.

Also heard Simmons joking that the Lakers will overpay Harrison Barnes...but I don't see that happening, unless they trade the pick and one of those young guys and get someone like Boogie Cousins.
      Of course, Simmons is horrible in his lakers takes. And he's basically horrible in all free agent talk, because he thinks everyone good should sign with Boston or the Clippers.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Barnes can shoot. And we will overpay whoever we sign.
        sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I hope the Lakers can trade the pick and a player for a proven player. That would be more attractive to free agents. And really anyone on the team is tradable
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            I hope the Lakers can trade the pick and a player for a proven player. That would be more attractive to free agents. And really anyone on the team is tradable
            It has to be a great player we can build the franchise around.
            Not sure I trust Jim Buss to pull this off.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

WWJD
              Wat would Jerry do?

NBA logo
              sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                WWJD
                Wat would Jerry do?

NBA logo
                Jerry Garcia would grab a bucket of lard and a guitar and make everybody happy for a couple hours.

Jerry Glanville would draft a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Jerry Lewis would ditch his partner and let that dude go on to help form the greatest group of drunk singers ever to own Vegas.

Jerry Lee Lewis would skip the draft, marry Winona Ryder, and do some other crazy shit that may or may not make great entertainment.

Ben & Jerry would drop acid, make ice cream, and vote for Bernie.

I think I'm out of Jerrys.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Let's say they draft Ingram (as signs are pointing to)

The roster/depth chart could look something like this, without FA signings.

PG Russel/Huertas (might as well bring him back... he was fun end of the season when he got to play)
                  SG Clarkson/Williams
                  SF Ingram/Brown/Young
                  PF Randle/Nance (I think Bass leaves, and they should let Ryan Kelly go)
                  C ? (although I would bring Tarik Black back as a backup)

Center FA possibilities - Whiteside (doubt he leaves Miami), J. Noah, F. Ezili, B. Biyombo, I. Mahinmi, Z. Pachulia, T. Mozgov
                  -I prefer Ezeli if they go the FA route.

-They need to trade Nick Young.

-That's still not a very good team...but it's extremely young and cheap. This does not include other FA's besides someone at Center.

Who knows maybe they trade some players and/or something for Demarcus Cousins? He's not happy in Sacramento.

FA's to look at:
                  ( I don't think you need a PG as Clarkson and Williams can play that as well, unless a couple of them are traded)
                  (I also ignore PF as with Randle/Nance/ Black or Kelly can play here as well, or course could change if there is some trade movement)
                  SG- DeRozan, Courtney Lee, J. Crawford - most of the players here are Restricted FA's, these will be UFA.
                  SF- Durant (ain't leaving), N. Batum, E. Turner, K. Bazemore, M. Williams, J. Green.

-Basically, I don't see anything groundbreaking in the FA market. Although there are some very good players there.
                  From that list... signing M. Williams who can play SF and PF, and can shoot it some, along with Bringing back Bazemore who can play SG/SF and can also shoot it... would be good fits.

There is going to need to be a trade. Possibly a trade after the FA signings occur to swing for someone major.

Could be another long season.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think Ingram will go #1 unfortunately. I hope Im wrong. I think trading Russell and the pick for someone like Cousins would be ideal. Then try to sign Derozen. That would be the beginning of a decent squad.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Love Derozan. OIP, why do you think he's not a good fit? He can play.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                        He's not a good 3 point shooter. I agree he can play.

But they need to surround him with 3 point shooting type players. Russel would be fine with him.
                        -Doesn't fit well with Randle, Nance, and Clarkson. Or Simmons, if they drafted him.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                          I think he's a very good player, he just doesn't fit the current Lakers players that the organization looks to build around. You put DeRozen out there with Clarkson and Russell and the Lakers have zero perimeter shooters.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X