• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Patterson looks kind of like an Ekkie clone...5-9, 195#...I'd like a big bruiser who can blast the rock between the tackles...

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Thanks Fleet.

My guy Mike Strachan [ WR / CHARLESTION UNIVERSITY / 6’5” - 225# - low 4.4s - amazing catch point body control - strong soft hands } getting a zoom.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Thanks Fleet.

My guy Mike Strachan [ WR / CHARLESTION UNIVERSITY / 6’5” - 225# - low 4.4s - amazing catch point body control - strong soft hands } getting a zoom.
        There's some massive potential there. Could be priming a relationship for that post-draft UDFA call.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

I just came across NFL draft projections by Pro Football Network that had Wyatt Davis rated as the 14th best prospect and Rashawn Slater as the 53rd ranked prospect. According to this source, Slater is projected to be a 2nd rounder, which has me going back through other analysis on them both to see if I missed something.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats what I am saying. Just because mock draft people might not have say Cosmi at 13 - -doesn't mean its a bad pick. I think without the combine, going just on tape - the real draft could be very different from mock drafts.

Especially with the draft post free-agency - have no clue how teams will change.
            Wondering about that myself. I've thought that we need to get the best pass blocking left tackle in the draft. Maybe Cosmi's that guy?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
              I just came across NFL draft projections by Pro Football Network that had Wyatt Davis rated as the 14th best prospect and Rashawn Slater as the 53rd ranked prospect. According to this source, Slater is projected to be a 2nd rounder, which has me going back through other analysis on them both to see if I missed something.
              I wouldn't worry about it. Jeremiah says he likes him the best of the OTs so who cares what a draft pundit site says about him being 53.

​​​​​​

Comment

• therber219
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2017
                • Iowa
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well you hope. At 31 if he can get better, he will sign there. Who would play for the league minimum if they dont have to? I think even Adrian Peterson got more than the league minimum and he is just sticking around solely because he wants to break Emmit Smiths record. Not going to happen though.

37 year old Frank Gore got 1.050 mil last season.
                Because of the lower cap this year, it is more than likely you will see quite a few one year, minimum or just above deals. No one is going to want to tie themselves to a longer deal if they belive the cap will jump enough to get a better one next year. I think this year's free agency is most likely going to be alot of one year prove it type deals.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ninja doesn't like AVT...and he's usually right...now, I'm not so sure...
                  Love him as a guard. Need a tackle though. If AVT's there in the 2nd round, make a beline for the podium.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't worry about it. Jeremiah says he likes him the best of the OTs so who cares what a draft pundit site says about him being 53.

​​​​​​
                    Here's Jeremiah's list -

1) Rashawn Slater (Northwestern)
                    2) Penei Sewell (Oregon)
                    3) Alijah Vera-Tucker (USC)
                    4) Christian Darrisaw (Virginia Tech)
                    5) Teven Jenkins (Oklahoma St)

No Cosmi on his list

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

Wondering about that myself. I've thought that we need to get the best pass blocking left tackle in the draft. Maybe Cosmi's that guy?
                      I’m surprised Cosmi isn’t being talked about more here
                      We need a legitimate Tackle, even at the risk of not having “flexibility” to play Guard
                      Cosmi isn’t polished but that’s a positive, he has tremendous upside imo and could very well end up the best pure Tackle of the class (with respect to Sewell)

I know you don’t want to hear the word “upside” at 13 but he’s a gamble that might be worth 13 overall because if he gained 10lbs of muscle he can be elite

super athletic, great reach, height, can position himself and mirror well, strong hands
                      needs to gain muscle and his frame suggests he can.

born n bred texan, football matters to him

edit: my preference for “true tackle” vs “flexibility” (OG to OT) is especially important in the 4th quarter when the OL is gassed. Having the length/reach allows for more margin of error, which can be the difference.

as great as a Slater can be at tackle, he’s going to have to be absolutely on point against speed guys, and I’m not comfortable asking for near perfect form late in games.
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Here's Jeremiah's list -

1) Rashawn Slater (Northwestern)
                        2) Penei Sewell (Oregon)
                        3) Alijah Vera-Tucker (USC)
                        4) Christian Darrisaw (Virginia Tech)
                        5) Teven Jenkins (Oklahoma St)

No Cosmi on his list
                        Can we get this guy with our second pick? If not could we move up to bottom of first to grab him or one of the other tackles if available. The more I think about it I'm thinking some kind of strategic repeat of last year. Use our first first on someone we really like and then use one our thirds to move up to take an available tackle. Sounds too good to be true if we can do this!

:cheers:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

Because of the lower cap this year, it is more than likely you will see quite a few one year, minimum or just above deals. No one is going to want to tie themselves to a longer deal if they belive the cap will jump enough to get a better one next year. I think this year's free agency is most likely going to be alot of one year prove it type deals.
                          I don't think FA's that have proved themselves,... need to prove anything. The cap situation will effect bigger long term deals, not those making less. And it won't effect everybody. Some teams have cap space to spend.

The vet minimum for Murray would be 1.3 mil as it goes up from last yearz of 1.050,000 mil for those with 7 years exp. Those with less it is $730k. The cap situation won't change this. It's in the agreement.

Look for Jackson to probably be cut making 920k with more time on the injury list than playing.

Like I said a second round RB at our pick number will have a cap hit of 1.076.000 mil.

I'd rather draft Javonte Williams there than sign Murray for 1.3 mil. Sure we may draft one later and that will be cheaper but Williams is a stud, will be cheap and be here four years before another contract is needed.

​​​​​We will draft a RB its just a matter of what round.

Comment

Working...
                          X