• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

So Chargers haven’t moved Mike Williams while the Ravens say their keeping Orlando Brown as their right tackle. Stay tuned opcorn:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      Both Devonte Smith and Rashod Bateman are excellent at setting up their defenders. They create space when they explode off of their cut... usually with the CB's leaning the opposite way. Timing and route execution are key. In the end, it doesn't matter. TT's sticking with MW. We're not choosing a WR @#13.
      Agree we won't be drafting a WR at 13.
      I like Devonta Smith, just not for us. With his size I think he will struggle against bigger CBs and possibly be injured alot. He doesn't have DeSean Jackson's speed. I'm thinking Smith weighs 160-165. Look at him next to his fellow WR.

Screenshot_20210322-195239.jpg

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

In the third round maybe! Not at #13!
        To each their own. Toodles.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Devonta Smith, just not for us. With his size I think he will struggle against bigger CBs and possibly be injured alot. He doesn't have DeSean Jackson's speed. I'm thinking Smith weighs 160-165. Look at him next to his fellow WR.

He just revealed his weight... 170 so you’re close. Yup those legs gave it away. I agree, he will have issue getting off CB jam at the LOS.

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            So Chargers haven’t moved Mike Williams while the Ravens say their keeping Orlando Brown as their right tackle. Stay tuned opcorn:
            It would be an incredibly clean trade. Virtually no dead money for either team. Both players on last year of rookie contract. Both players score about the same on PFF..

EXCEPT this: Brown is owed 3.3 mil base for 2021. Williams is owed 15.6 mil. Not sure the Ravens would be interested. Hopefully, they are!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Of all the picks the Bolts could make at 13, Smith is the only one that would make me throw my remote at the TV. Even Darrisaw wouldnt anger me, and most on here know how I feel about him....I would just figure our staff had some good interviews with him, and feel comfortable coaching him up, and playing him on that vet loaded line...I mean, there is some good clay there. But Smith is gonna be a broken toy by year two. Hell, Id even take Woody's boy Najee Harris...at least I know he would be playing every week. Smith is gonna get smoked. You wanna imitate KC, take Waddle. Just as dynamic, and denser...had he not injured his ankle, he would have been a star on that offense. But its a moot point, our needs are multiple and clear...and they dont include a WR...not high, anyway.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

It would be an incredibly clean trade. Virtually no dead money for either team. Both players on last year of rookie contract. Both players score about the same on PFF..

EXCEPT this: Brown is owed 3.3 mil base for 2021. Williams is owed 15.6 mil. Not sure the Ravens would be interested. Hopefully, they are!
                Well if the Ravens made the trade - they would re-do the Williams deal I am sure
                And if the Chargers made this trade - they would have to re-do the Brown deal and extend him. No way you want him on a one year deal

I think I am good staying at 13 and getting OT. Cheap five year contract - might even be a better player for the Chargers scheme. AVT, maybe you trade back for Darrisaw, or Walker Little a bit later in R1

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Also, you know, LT is worth a heck of a lot more than WR.

Justin Herbert had an 80.1 PFF grade. Justin Jefferson had a 90.4. The Chargers owe Herbert more money, but they would be crazy to make a Herbert for Jefferson trade.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Of all the picks the Bolts could make at 13, Smith is the only one that would make me throw my remote at the TV. Even Darrisaw wouldnt anger me, and most on here know how I feel about him....I would just figure our staff had some good interviews with him, and feel comfortable coaching him up, and playing him on that vet loaded line...I mean, there is some good clay there. But Smith is gonna be a broken toy by year two. Hell, Id even take Woody's boy Najee Harris...at least I know he would be playing every week. Smith is gonna get smoked. You wanna imitate KC, take Waddle. Just as dynamic, and denser...had he not injured his ankle, he would have been a star on that offense. But its a moot point, our needs are multiple and clear...and they dont include a WR...not high, anyway.
                    Skinny, CB, EDGE, LB...yes !!

Skinny WR who gets consistent separation and doesn't drop passes to the point that he son the Heismann...can't have that...nope.

We need to nuke KC.
                    Don't tell me WR is not a PON.
                    This guy's good.

opcorn:
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Also, you know, LT is worth a heck of a lot more than WR.

Justin Herbert had an 80.1 PFF grade. Justin Jefferson had a 90.4. The Chargers owe Herbert more money, but they would be crazy to make a Herbert for Jefferson trade.
                      The chargers would have to add to the trade - at first, I thought I wanted this trade. Now I just want Telesco and Staley to get in a room, with film and find the right LT at 13 with the thought that Slater and Sewell are gone. I don't need Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli -- but a solid LT like Marcus McNeill without that spinal issues works for me. Maybe not the highest ceiling but a solid dependable good NFL LT.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Wouldn't take him in the top 32. Can't think of one guy that skinny to have a good career the last 30 years.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The Human Toothpick...

Comment

Working...
                          X