• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Wow. Put Miami down for an OLT at 12. Or maybe they trade down a few spots with The Cheats and pick up a few more picks.

And for SF, they are after the 3rd best qb? Risky for the price they paid.
    Herbert was considered the 3rd best qb in his class. You never know.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Eagles could still draft a QB at 12...but its kind of looking like my prediction of Hurts getting the chance is coming true. They will have the ammo next year to move up if needed. Now he needs to do well so i can i told you all so. Wink

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Teams who overdraft solely for need find themselves struggling to maintain .500 records & one and done in playoffs. War room has to recognize the draft, free agency, managing the cap and coaching as an art form. Y’all know a lot more about Tom Telesco than I do, called discount Tom by some, I don’t know but what I do know is you can’t be predictable while at the same time overthink the game itself.

Said all that to say this, each selection, take the player who will improve your team the most over the long run. Takes analytics, a solid foundation and United Vision to execute, throw in little luck and capitalize on others mistakes.

We’re about to find out how lucky as a fan base we are, to have drafted Justin Herbert and following him up with new Head Coach like Brandon Staley. Offensive Line has already been completely remodeled, all picks still intact, a deep player pool in the draft and no reason to force anything until it presents itself. I’m excited :beer:
        Who exactly calls him that?

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I wonder if Saleh told his buddies in Frisco they dont plan on drafting Wilson. Do the Niners make this trade because they have that intel? Is there another QB worth 3 #1?

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            Teams who overdraft solely for need find themselves struggling to maintain .500 records & one and done in playoffs. War room has to recognize the draft, free agency, managing the cap and coaching as an art form. Y’all know a lot more about Tom Telesco than I do, called discount Tom by some, I don’t know but what I do know is you can’t be predictable while at the same time overthink the game itself.

Said all that to say this, each selection, take the player who will improve your team the most over the long run. Takes analytics, a solid foundation and United Vision to execute, throw in little luck and capitalize on others mistakes.

We’re about to find out how lucky as a fan base we are, to have drafted Justin Herbert and following him up with new Head Coach like Brandon Staley. Offensive Line has already been completely remodeled, all picks still intact, a deep player pool in the draft and no reason to force anything
            until it presents itself. I’m excited :beer:
            Hard to believe "Discount Tom" drafted Herbert, signed Staley, the FA OLs and put us in such a great position going forward?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I wonder if Saleh told his buddies in Frisco they dont plan on drafting Wilson. Do the Niners make this trade because they have that intel? Is there another QB worth 3 #1?
              Howie Roseman and Joe Douglas are tight too.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I keep saying Slater won't be there at 13. And notice, these are all offensive players.

Seven NFL draft prospects GMs say are worth trading up for, as 2021 draft looms large amid lower salary cap

Rookie contracts will be a welcome addition to teams struggling with the 2021 salary cap

By Jason La Canfora
                5 hrs ago5 min read

Trevor Lawrence

The Clemson QB is seen as a plug-and-play immediate starter. As close to a sure thing as you will find. And everyone in the NFL expects the Jaguars to simply select him. And they almost certainly will. But, like a year ago with Joe Burrow, other teams will explore what it might take to get to first overall, and crazier things have happened.

Justin Fields

I'm operating under the assumption that BYU's Zach Wilson will be the second pick of the draft to the Jets, because the teams I am talking to are assuming just as much. Which leaves Miami with the third-overall pick in the catbird seat. They could move down, potentially considerably, and still land a top line tackle or pass rusher. Some GMs believe QBs could go 1-4, as Atlanta is very much exploring options in that market, and teams in the top 10 like the Panthers and Eagles are paying very close attention.

Trey Lance

Yes, the North Dakota State QB only played one game this season, but his athleticism and upside are too inviting for him not to go in the top 10 and quite likely in the top five. Would he get past the Falcons? Could a team target him over Fields in a trade to the third-overall pick? Wouldn't be a shocker either way.

Penei Sewell

The Oregon tackle is drawing legit comparisons to Jonathan Ogden. He is polished and powerful and looks every bit the part of a franchise anchor. Two GMs believe he will be a target in trade at third overall, even above the quarterbacks, and you can see why. The Falcons taking him would make all the sense in the world, but their QB need may push them in another direction. If you move up to three to land him, you probably make their decision for them.

Kyle Pitts

The Florida tight end is a total freak of nature in the best way possible. He is exactly what you look for in a pass catching target in this era of football. Don't even label him a tight end or wide receiver. He can be whatever he wants and there is not a team in the NFL that couldn't use him – even the Patriots after spending $50M over the next two years on two tight ends and even after their receiver splurge, too. If three QBs go and then Sewell, someone very well might try to jump up to five to land him, with the Bengals having so many holes to fill. Then again, landing Pitts to pair with Burrow would be plenty appealing, too.

Ja'Marr Chase

The LSU receiver looks like a plug-and-play Pro Bowler. Not much of a learning curve for him, coming from a pro style offense and possessing every attribute you could want. Does someone want to get in position to get him at the start of what could be a very early and rapid run on receivers in another deep draft at that position?

Rashawn Slater

The Northwestern tackle might be eventually moving to guard – but how did taking a guard really high work out for the Colts a few years ago? If Sewell is a trade target at 3, then don't be surprised if the same thing happens with Slater, who crushed his Pro Day, as there is a definite drop off after these two linemen and the need to linemen never subsides.

Things will come into focus more next month, with this pre-draft period so different and information still being gathered and the process lagging a bit. Teams are still just getting trusted measurements on these prospects, and everything feels a bit delayed. But in the top 10 alone there are abundant options to pique a team's interest.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Nobody gonna trade up for Slater as a guard.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I wondered that also, but then why not trade with the Jets to cement it? And the Jets need picks, that roster is weak...

Weird day...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Nobody gonna trade up for Slater as a guard.
                      So true, but he's an OLT not a guard.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I wondered that also, but then why not trade with the Jets to cement it? And the Jets need picks, that roster is weak...

Weird day...
                        Jets may not want to give up Pitts. If he actually were to have a Kelce type impact....im pretty sure Kelce would be a top 5 pick. Pitts may be viewed across the league as being that special. Just a rare player coming into the draft. I ask myself this...could Surtain,,,,Horn....Farley or Parsons cover him?

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Howie Roseman and Joe Douglas are tight too.
                          Is it tampering in any way if that happened? They would just deny it...but if it works out like that i think it will be obvious. And i bet teams wont be happy about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X