Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Luke Joeckel was the second pick in the draft and didn't turn into a franchise LT. I get how highly Sewell is thought of but if you trade up for him and miss - that hurts your team in many ways. Like I have said, the Chargers, and maybe because the bar is so low - do not need Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli at LT - they need a good solid player. So to your point, they need to do the research and find the right fit. I just don't think they are close enough where using a lot of draft capital is worth it.

Villanueva (or another veteran) and the CB if Telesco signs one, are stop gaps- still need the long term solutions

Granted, signing veterans for both spots allows flexibility in the draft. Though I think the pick at 13 needs to be OT - like 90%; the other 10% is CB
    It would be very nice though!
    I take the risk and bet my evaluation is correct that Penei = Munoz reincarnated.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Luke Joeckel was the second pick in the draft and didn't turn into a franchise LT. I get how highly Sewell is thought of but if you trade up for him and miss - that hurts your team in many ways. Like I have said, the Chargers, and maybe because the bar is so low - do not need Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli at LT - they need a good solid player. So to your point, they need to do the research and find the right fit. I just don't think they are close enough where using a lot of draft capital is worth it.

Villanueva (or another veteran) and the CB if Telesco signs one, are stop gaps- still need the long term solutions

Granted, signing veterans for both spots allows flexibility in the draft. Though I think the pick at 13 needs to be OT - like 90%; the other 10% is CB
      If you think you might miss with Sewell your sure in the hell having an even higher fail rate with Slater to play LT.

By extension you could say don’t need a Herbert to win a Super Bowl when you can win one with Nick Foles. I get it, find a fit, pay what you have too, just like the dream pairing of two Ducks in a row

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Sewell is considered a blue chip prospect, if ends up busting, I probably won’t blame Telesco for that.
        There are certain traits worth trading up for
        when its immense talent, flawless character, little to no injury history, in a PON, that qualifies in my book.
        prototypical LOT, no guess work.
        the only thing stopping me from trading up is the price. Sewell will elevate the run game even more than the pass imo (well not including screens).
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Kinda short yes. Is that AVT? Thats an inch shorter than Slaters who was adequate
          Yes, that is AVT.

I know Jeremiah likes him but would prefer he be able to play OT and not slide into OG. Jeremiah compared him to Zach Martin. Excellent player,. Day1 starter, plug and play OG (sometimes OT). If AVT is as good as Zach Martin, don't care if he is OT for one year than moves to OT. Or slides to RT in a year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

If you think you might miss with Sewell your sure in the hell having an even higher fail rate with Slater to play LT.

By extension you could say don’t need a Herbert to win a Super Bowl when you can win one with Nick Foles. I get it, find a fit, pay what you have too, just like the dream pairing of two Ducks in a row
            Depends on who you ask. There are a few that think Slater is as good. Im not qualified enough to make that call but i do know id be OK with either, Sewell being ideal.
            But I wouldnt want to be the one that drafted Joeckel, Mandarich, or Gallery either.

We arent close enough to trade up for Sewell unless we dont want one of the better CB or Edge rushers as its gonna cost our 2nd and earlier 3rd and a 1st next year....maybe more.

Id much rather draft Slater or trade back up in the 1st for Little....or if they think Darrisaw has the goods. like i said, im not qualified enough to make that call but im qualified enough to know trading those picks isnt good for a team that needs a lot more.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Yes, that is AVT.

I know Jeremiah likes him but would prefer he be able to play OT and not slide into OG. Jeremiah compared him to Zach Martin. Excellent player,. Day1 starter, plug and play OG (sometimes OT). If AVT is as good as Zach Martin, don't care if he is OT for one year than moves to OT. Or slides to RT in a year.
              Welp, it seems he is likely relegated to OG and an emergency OT. Zach Martin is a OG and played emergency OT only during this past season....til he got hurt along with the rest of their OL.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

It's been a long time since we saw an OT that looked as good as Sewell. He looked like an NFL caliber player as a Freshman! Remember this, these LOT's usually play a long time - it could be 15 years before the Bolts would need to look for another LOT.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Depends on who you ask. There are a few that think Slater is as good. Im not qualified enough to make that call but i do know id be OK with either.
                  But I wouldnt want to be the one that drafted Joeckel, Mandarich, or Gallery either.

We arent close enough to trade up for Sewell unless we dont want one of the better CB or Edge rushers as its gonna cost our 2nd and earlier 3rd and a 1st next year....maybe more.

Id much rather draft Slater or trade back up in the 1st for Little....or if they think Darrisaw has the goods. like i said, im not qualified enough to make that call but im qualified enough to know trading those picks isnt good for a team that needs a lot more.
                  Copy that. Just remember this, lose Herbert, none of that matters.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Welp, it seems he is likely relegated to OG and an emergency OT. Zach Martin is a OG and played emergency OT only during this past season....til he got hurt along with the rest of their OL.
                    Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed with AVT's arm measurement. GM's will see him as OG only. Back to the lab.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Depends on who you ask. There are a few that think Slater is as good. Im not qualified enough to make that call but i do know id be OK with either.

This! Like I said - anybody can trade up for Penei Sewell. Thats the easy thing to do. It just takes draft capital. But the Chargers need more than Penei Sewell - they need CB, Edge, IDL, IOL, and TE. So if you want Sewell, - you are giving up a lot. The Chargers I think are a year or two early from doing two things

1) going all in with draft capital
                      2) doing what Tampa and other teams are doing with cap space and using voidable years

As I want to fill OT and CB and Edge, I get its the quantity over quality argument but if the Chargers didn't have glaring holes at those positions after the 2021 season - maybe I would feel differently. And signing veterans to those positions are not long term solutions. Telesco and the coaches just need to scout, and figure out other good players that can help the team. This isn't the NBA where one player can dominate.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Bottom
                        fucking
                        line

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Yep, agree there.....just need a OT a lot better than Tevi was and that OT will have a lot better LG next to him than Tevi had.
                          Tevi only allowed 2 sacks last year but allowed 151 pressures the past three seasons. Not sure how many of those were last year, but poor Rivers had to endure most of them.

Here is a Colts writeup perspective on Tevi as what they are getting

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/3/...g-to-the-colts
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X