• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Is that enough capital to move up 6 spots? Seems like kind of a bad deal for the Lions. Not that I care about the Lions, but I've seen trade rumors for Sewell in which we have to surrender our #1 pick in 2022.
    I think it’s a pipe dream for us unless the Lions FO is completely incompetent. I think we would need to at least give up a 2nd next year, if not a 1st, instead of just a 3rd.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Is Davis Mills going to be the sixth quarterback off the board in the 2021 NFL Draft? It's sure looking that way, as Mills is receiving first-round hype.

A few months ago it seemed unthinkable but more and more the stock of Stanford quarterback Davis Mills is rising and a team with the 20th pick in Round 1 needs to be ready to commit if they're convinced about his talent.

Davis Mills getting a lot of buzz....just heard on GMFB, them talking about how they can't remember the last time Belichick sat in on a QB prospect meeting.

I love QB prospects....they are gonna make this draft so entertaining! You never know what will happen...

And so glad we got our guy for the next 15+ years, so we don't have to be a part of all this drama, lol....

Back to Mills...I think he is the 6th QB taken...and I think it may very well happen in the first round, though it could be the result of the Bears or Pats trading back into the first to beat the other to the punch...but I think it's those two teams hot after the kid.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I don’t love giving up our second this year but I would do that 10/10 times to get Sewell.

The Bears gave up 2 3rd rounders, a 4th, and swapped up 1 spot in the first with the 9ers just to draft Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. A 2nd and a 3rd for 6 spots? A steal.
        I am not sure the Lions move down 6 spots for just a second and future 3rd - but if that were truly the trade for Sewell - I would probably make that trade.

I just don't think it would be that nominal of value to get Sewell. It would probably have to be the comp 3rd round pick this year

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

There are?

And i know how you feel about some of the digs you take. I honor you for taking the high road. But just so you know....i own this forum and get cracked on here for my takes. I like to think i have a clue regarding football and this team. Dont take things personally. I try not to. I know how you feel though. Its all good. Aloha.
          When I mention people in the media I like -- I would say for true football analysis --
          Louis Riddick - I like
          Rick Gosselin - retired - I like
          Daniel Jeremiah - I like
          Bob McGinn - I like it
          I am pretty discerning in my opinion

A lot of the people on ESPN and NFLNetwork, whether former player or analysts - just aren't good. They don't bring value - they just blabber. Like Greenbergs show - its terrible. He is terrible, most of the analysts are terrible0

People like Shefter, Rapoport and "insiders" - they should stick to breaking news not trying to analyze things. I do think I have a clue about football, draft value, the salary cap, strategy, etc. Maybe not the minutaie of scouting but thats fine.

As for Sewell - I am still not trading up for him any higher than 10 -Chargers need many players - not one.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

"Pound for pound, he's as tough as anybody in the Draft."
            Nick Saban on DeVonta Smith

Slim @#13.
            Live it.
            Learn it.
            Love it.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

So I just perused NFL.com and they had 2 "final" mocks posted. One was Bucky Brooks and he has us taking Kwity Paye at 13, ignoring OT3 and AVT in the process. Yeah......no thanks Buckeroo.

The second was by Charles Davis and while I don't see it happening, I liked his outcome. He has Sewell falling to us at 13 as OT2 off the board after Slater to the Cowboys. A great piece of fiction that I loved reading but I just cannot see it in real life. That would be a Chargers dream.

Less than 48 hours. I feel like a 30 something still living in his parents basement waiting for the newest Star Wars movie to drop.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Slim @#13.
                Live it.
                Learn it.
                Love it.
                We really need a "don't like" option.........

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  More Draft nuggets...

1. Between the draft and UDFA's last year, we added 5 rookies to the WR/RB group, all of which looked promising. Kelley, Reed, Hill, Guyton, and Johnson. I think this team wants to see all of them back again for another look, and we may see very little if any additions this year in the draft, with regards to offensive skill players, unless the value is high...TT did say they pick players, not positions.

2. I think Davis Mills may be the 6th QB off the board, going either to NE or Chicago...not with their first picks, probably....would love to see Chicago get him. They are due, and Mills is my sleeper pick for this draft. I think if he isn't made of glass, and can avoid the injury bug, he will be one of the more successful QBs to come out of this draft, when all is said and done.

3. If we actually did select a skill player early, the dynamic playmaking speed of Waddle in the first, or Rondale Moore, if he slides into the middle second, is pretty enticing.

4. Farley would be a good pick....but not at the top of my cluster. It's unfair and not necessarily rational, but I am just so weary of wringing my hands thru the preseason, hoping our star players who get knicked up a lot, will actually be able to play this year. Even Bosa and Henry, who put in a lot of starts the last few years, missed some pretty good chunks of time early in their careers...never mind Verrett, and now Tranquil, who looks very promising, and James. With Farley, I'll be waiting for that back to act up...love the prospect though.

5. Sewell, Slater, Surtain....and I have come to love Horn. Those are my slam dunk wins, if we land either of those 4...they will likely be both BPA and need filling, if any are there at 13.

6. Outside of the above 4, my next 2 prospects are JOK and Parsons. These guys are gonna be perennial pro bowlers, and are versatile, movable pieces as LBs. I see Parsons as an off ball LB who can move down to Edge, while JOK can play off ball in base or sub, with DB like skills, great instincts and football IQ...and has blitzing chops to boot. Consolation for missing on OT or CB with our first pick could be one of these guys...I would be very cool with that.

7. Pat Freiermuth, Spencer Brown, Quentin Meinerz, Kendrick Green, Tommy Tremble, Josh Imatorbhebhe, Ifeatu Melifonwu, and Walker Little are a group of prospects who I have sentimental attachment to...don't know how they slot, or would/could land with the Chargers...but they will rate an extra "Whoop!" should we pick them up anywhere in this draft.

8. Scratch and Dent special: Walker Little, Wyatt Davis, Landon Dickerson, Hamsah Nadirildeen....all players who likely would have been first round picks if their careers had not been derailed a bit with injury....no problem spending a day 2 pick on one of these guys...love to hear some of Y'alls favorite "Scratch and Dent" players you would like to land for value...
                  All you listed plus Caleb Farley, Jaelan Phillips, Andre Cisco, Gerrid Doaks, Rondale Moore.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I like AVT above Darrisaw. Played well at OG in 2019 and played well at OT in 2020
                    Got manhandled by the only top pass rusher he faced.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Slim @#13.
                      Live it.
                      Learn it.
                      Love it.
                      Nope. Just no. I’ll be leading the FIRE the entirety of TT/STAFF/OWNERSHIP/Coaches/FO/Parking Attendants, Sushi Vendors/EVERYONE!

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Got manhandled by the only top pass rusher he faced.
                        AVT is not an OT but he’ll be a solid dude inside. He’s not worth anywhere near #13 but a solid guy in the 2nd.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          More Draft nuggets...

1. Between the draft and UDFA's last year, we added 5 rookies to the WR/RB group, all of which looked promising. Kelley, Reed, Hill, Guyton, and Johnson. I think this team wants to see all of them back again for another look, and we may see very little if any additions this year in the draft, with regards to offensive skill players, unless the value is high...TT did say they pick players, not positions.

2. I think Davis Mills may be the 6th QB off the board, going either to NE or Chicago...not with their first picks, probably....would love to see Chicago get him. They are due, and Mills is my sleeper pick for this draft. I think if he isn't made of glass, and can avoid the injury bug, he will be one of the more successful QBs to come out of this draft, when all is said and done.

3. If we actually did select a skill player early, the dynamic playmaking speed of Waddle in the first, or Rondale Moore, if he slides into the middle second, is pretty enticing.

4. Farley would be a good pick....but not at the top of my cluster. It's unfair and not necessarily rational, but I am just so weary of wringing my hands thru the preseason, hoping our star players who get knicked up a lot, will actually be able to play this year. Even Bosa and Henry, who put in a lot of starts the last few years, missed some pretty good chunks of time early in their careers...never mind Verrett, and now Tranquil, who looks very promising, and James. With Farley, I'll be waiting for that back to act up...love the prospect though.

5. Sewell, Slater, Surtain....and I have come to love Horn. Those are my slam dunk wins, if we land either of those 4...they will likely be both BPA and need filling, if any are there at 13.

6. Outside of the above 4, my next 2 prospects are JOK and Parsons. These guys are gonna be perennial pro bowlers, and are versatile, movable pieces as LBs. I see Parsons as an off ball LB who can move down to Edge, while JOK can play off ball in base or sub, with DB like skills, great instincts and football IQ...and has blitzing chops to boot. Consolation for missing on OT or CB with our first pick could be one of these guys...I would be very cool with that.

7. Pat Freiermuth, Spencer Brown, Quentin Meinerz, Kendrick Green, Tommy Tremble, Josh Imatorbhebhe, Ifeatu Melifonwu, and Walker Little are a group of prospects who I have sentimental attachment to...don't know how they slot, or would/could land with the Chargers...but they will rate an extra "Whoop!" should we pick them up anywhere in this draft.

8. Scratch and Dent special: Walker Little, Wyatt Davis, Landon Dickerson, Hamsah Nadirildeen....all players who likely would have been first round picks if their careers had not been derailed a bit with injury....no problem spending a day 2 pick on one of these guys...love to hear some of Y'alls favorite "Scratch and Dent" players you would like to land for value...
                          This is a hell of a list for possible day 2, R2& R3 picks. Maybe even a couple in R4.....who knows. I would add Radnuz to the short list for day 2 as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X