• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Rasheed Walker is a player I like, and when i mention him here i get crickets.

He might make it to the chargers pick in the 3rd round.....or you could trade up using less draft capital.

Watch him against Ohio State, and he almost runs into a mental wall and its one play after another for a few series that he botches;

however, against the superior edge rushers of Michigan, he handles them quite well with no help.
    Ojabo bull rushed him once successfully; and he has one of his brain farts and lets Hutchinson hit the qb on the first play;
    however, for the most part he is stellar. I liked how he uses his long arms to guide them past the qb, or how he was able to
    shift his weight and handle inside counters from both edge rushers.

When he looks bad, i think it is a matter of focus; he gave up a sack on an inside move against a Wisconsin edge player, everything preceding it being routine.
    It would be interesting to know how those Penn State practices went with Walker against A. Ebiketie

He's a better straight ahead run blocker than Cross and seems well suited for the right side: he's more physical and can be nasty.
    I bring him up because his hands look very Cross-like when he uses them....and we were talking about Cross.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

"Effective" is the number 1 complement you can give an OL.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He might make it to the chargers pick in the 3rd round.....or you could trade up using less draft capital.

Watch him against Ohio State, and he almost runs into a mental wall and its one play after another for a few series that he botches;

however, against the superior edge rushers of Michigan, he handles them quite well with no help.
        Ojabo bull rushed him once successfully; and he has one of his brain farts and lets Hutchinson hit the qb on the first play;
        however, for the most part he is stellar. I liked how he uses his long arms to guide them past the qb, or how he was able to

When he looks bad, i think it is a matter of focus; he gave up a sack on an inside move against a Wisconsin edge player, everything preceding it being routine.
        It would be interesting to know how those Penn State practices went with Walker against A. Ebiketie

He's a better straight ahead run blocker than Cross and seems well suited for the right side: he's more physical and can be nasty.
        I bring him up because his hands look very Cross-like when he uses them....and we were talking about Cross.
        I think you got crickets because most were hoping for a 1st or 2nd round OT. Now that most are dissatisfied with Penning or Raimann @#17 (I get the hesitation)... and we've traded our 2nd round pick away (most likely means no Abraham Lucas)... it's time to start the conversation about 3rd round OT's.

Rasheed Walker would be in the conversation... so would Kelen Diesch. I like both better than Max Mitchell.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

I havent looked yet. Will put on the list.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

There is also that....maybe he doesn't want to play RT.
            Since the whole Orlando Brown debacle, this has to be one of the first things you ask/assess for.
            things can change but it's worth trying to get a read on their willingness to play RT exclusively whole also being available as LT depth
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Daniel Faalele ?

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Posted in other thread, but would not surprise me if Staley values OG over OT in the draft. Slide Fieler over to RT, Zion next to him. Jaimes to LG, Norton and Pip swing OTs.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  Daniel Faalele ?
                  I'm not a fan. Looks a bit clumsy on the move so I don't think he fits our blocking scheme. He didn't look good at the Senior Bowl... got beat by speed rushers.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Posted in other thread, but would not surprise me if Staley values OG over OT in the draft. Slide Fieler over to RT, Zion next to him. Jaimes to LG, Norton and Pip swing OTs.
                    That's always an option. Typically, I'd hate to use a 1st round pick on a guard. But in this circumstance, it allows you to move another player out to RT. And I think Zion will be a very good guard. In addition, Zion got work at center during the Senior Bowl. So, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Zion. I'm sure many believe that he's not worth the #17 pick. But in our circumstance, we got positions signed/re-signed in free-agency at positions that typically go @#17 (EDGE, CB, WR).
                    Last edited by Boltnut; 03-26-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

My Latest/Greatest: Traded back to #32 w/Lions and picked up their #66, #99 for the #17 pick.

#32 RT Abraham Lucas. Protect Justin Herbert. Period.
                      #66 EDGE Cameron Thomas. His measurables make him a 'tweener... and maybe a faller. Begin @EDGE if you want depth.
                      #79 CB Marcus Jones. Depth @CB and becomes our KR/PR.
                      #97 S Bryan Cook. Depth @Safety. Starter quality when DJ plays dime-LB.
                      #123 LB Terrel Bernard. Good all-around LB that replaces White.
                      #160 WR Danny Gray. Good speed. Does a lot of things that current WR's don't... including jett sweeps and bubble screens.
                      #195 RB Ty Chandler. Good speed, good outside runner. Poor-man's Alvin Kamara. Spells EKE.
                      #214 CB Jack Jones. Good depth. Versatile. Replaces Kemon or TeVaughn.
                      #236 TE Lucas Krull. Depth.
                      #254 C Nick Ford. Depth.
                      #255 LB Jeremiah Gemmel. Depth. Smart and able in coverage.
                      #260 P Ryan Stonehouse. Great hang-time. Consistent.
                      Last edited by Boltnut; 03-27-2022, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm not a fan. Looks a bit clumsy on the move so I don't think he fits our blocking scheme. He didn't look good at the Senior Bowl... got beat by speed rushers.
                        He is going be a fat turd in a couple years when he gets paid

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Walker is definitely someone to look at in round 3, if we don't get our RT in round 1...looks like one of the knocks on Walker is that he overextends and gets beat inside at times (see below from TDN)...but you would think that's coachable, right?

"Pass Sets: Walker has good lateral ability and foot quickness to get depth on his pass sets. He is quick out of his stance and is nimble on his feet to mirror and redirect. There are times where he overextends and leaves the inside vulnerable, which leads to sacks."

"Penn State's offensive tackle Rasheed Walker is an experienced offensive lineman who has been a staple on the Nittany Lions' blindside for the last three seasons. Walker came to Penn State as a highly-rated recruit and has certainly lived up to the billing. He is a wide-bodied offensive tackle who offers excellent length and athleticism. As a pass blocker, Walker shows very good foot quickness to get depth in his pass sets and mirror edge defenders. He can change direction quickly and redirect to stunts and inside counters.

"Walker displays excellent anchor and is very good with his hands, showing very good hand strength and punch timing. There are times Walker oversets and leaves room inside for counters and Walker will lose balance at times playing too far over his feet. In the run game, Walker is much more of a wall-off-and-seal blocker than a road grader.

"He doesn't have top-end power at the point of attack and can get inverted by stronger and more physical defenders. He uses his wide body to cover up at the point and is athletic enough to reach the second level consistently, although he can improve his awareness in locating defenders at the second level. Overall, Walker is a solid offensive line prospect who offers length, athleticism, and fundamentals to develop into a starter at the next level."

Comment

Working...
                          X