• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    For all of our member mock drafts and mock drafts we see online. We will use the draft thread for all things draft outside of mocks. It will only clutter things.

GBN just released their latest.

My calendar doesn’t always align perfectly with the NFL’s. Now that Star Game action has concluded, as well as the Super Bowl crowning a 2020 season Champion in Tampa, it signals to me that we are heading into the next NFL year. That’s about 3 weeks from now to the NFL. As such, it really is the season to unveil way too many Mock Drafts. I call this my post-Senior Bowl Mock, mostly because of the calendar, but perhaps slightly influenced by what I saw in Mobile.

Remember now, Pigskin does not believe in tricky trades, we’ll let Colin and Larry project some trading, I just stick to the Drafting. I am also factoring in what I think a team’s needs are, in conjunction with pure talent levels of the players. So away we go…
    1. JAGUARS TREVOR LAWRENCE QB CLEMSON This is a no brainer despite all the personnel shuffling within the organization.
    2. JETS KYLE PITTS RECEIVER FLORIDA He’s a hybrid who is an exceptional athlete, and a serious weapon for an offense lacking one. Help for Mr. DARNOLD, not his replacement.
    3. DOLPHINS JA’MARR CHASE WR LSU Tough choice here with those 2 ‘Bama receivers out there, but CHASE is bigger and stronger than SMITH/WADDLE and is also a TD maker.
    4. FALCONS JAYLEN WADDLE WR/RS ALABAMA FALCONS restructured their WR group last year, with mike results, and JULIO is showing some age. WADDLE will also make a great weapon on returns.
    5. BENGALS PENEI SEWELL OT OREGON The best OT this team has added since ANTHONY MUNOZ. BURROW is their young star that got destroyed last season trying to play behind a poor OL. Gotta fix that, especially on the edges.
    6. EAGLES DeVONTA SMITH WR/RS ALABAMA The only risk about SMITH is his size, or lack thereof. However, he is mercurial with speed and moves. Teammate NAJEE HARRIS called him the “Slim Reaper” in Mobile. He kills defenses. I can’t believe I already have 3 wideouts and a TE gone in 6 PICKS. Neither can you, I’d bet.
    7. LIONS ZACH WILSON QB BYU The Lions will have GOFF to hold the fort for a while as their starter, until they can afford to dump his cap hit impact. Here is their new leader.
    8. PANTHERS JUSTIN FIELDS QB OHIO ST Get your QB’s while they last. BRIDGEWATER is functional while FIELDS is nurtured for a year or two. He needs it.
    9. BRONCOS MICAH PARSONS OB PENN ST The Broncos need a lot, and this will really tighten up their LB group, especially if VON MILLER is on the downslope.
    10. COWBOYS GREGORY ROUSSEAU DE/ER MIAMI (F) Right now, he’s pretty much just an Edge Rusher, but they will try to turn him into a better all around defender, ala JPP.
    11. GIANTS PATRICK SURTAIN CB ALABAMA Has the size, athleticism, and pedigree to start in the League. They need a franchise WR, but the best are already gone.
    12. 49’ers RASHAWN SLATER OT/OG NORTHWESTERN Opted out of the 2020 Covid season, but after looking at 2019 tape, a lot of teams look at him as an instant starter, though it may be at OG/C.
    13. CHARGERS CHRISTIAN BARMORE DL ALABAMA 4th of SABAN’s boys, with more to come. Big guy, with explosion and versatility to play inside and outside. Still developing.
    14. VIKINGS JAELAN PHILLIPS DE MIAMI (F) Should make a nice bookend with a healthy HUNTER on one side. Shows the athleticism to play all downs, and set the edge vs. the run.
    15. PATRIOTS CALEB FARLEY CB VA TECH I have no clue what BELICHICK has in mind for his QB slot. I also hear all the talk about trading GILMORE for Cap purposes. This kid should be special.
    16. CARDINALS TRAVIS ETIENNE RB CLEMSON First RB of the Draft, but far from the last. Gives KYLER a multiple skills RB with good size, good speed, and good hands for receiving.
    17. RAIDERS TREY LANCE QB N. DAKOTA ST A GRUDEN Pick all the way. MAYOCK just grits his teeth on this one. GRUDEN is frustrated that CARR seems maxed out as an NFL QB. If you will remember, CHUCKY collects QB’s to develop.
    18. DOLPHINS NAJEE HARRIS RB ALABAMA Harris is special, both on and off the field, as we learned in Mobile. DOLPHINS need a big back that can run and catch. HARRIS proved he can do it all in 2020.
    19. WASHINGTON MAC JONES QB ALABAMA Neither ALEX SMITH, nor KYLE ALLEN are the long term answer. JONES is smart and throws a nice ball. He won kudos in Mobile.
    20. BEARS CHRISTIAN DARRISAW OT VA TECH A big mauler that is athletic. DA BEARS have perhaps the worst OT group in the League, after the Bengals. But they continually ignore their OL group. They probably will again, until Day 3, but they shouldn’t.
    21. COLTS ALIJAH VERA-TUCKER OG/T SOUTHERN CAL I think they would have loved DARRISAW, but so it goes. This guy had a stellar season for the Trojans out at LT. Maybe not long enuf for OT in the NFL, but good enough to start somewhere and upgrade the OL.
    22. TITANS ZAVEN COLLINS OB TULSA Perhaps the biggest riser in this Draft class after a monster 2020 season. An every down LB. VRABEL will luv him and make him a special project.
    23. JETS JAVONTE WILLIAMS RB UNC Here they are again, and here is another answer to make DARNOLD better. This power back has soft hands and better burst and acceleration than many people realize.
    24. STEELERS LANDON DICKERSON OC/G ALABAMA Big, strong guy and a team leader. Rehabbing a knee injury, but should be fine. Big body, with an even bigger heart. Will start before the 2021 season is over.
    25. JAGUARS KADARIUS TONEY WR/RS FLORIDA An explosive player that cannot be covered and shut down. Will fit in well with their possession style receivers and their new QB.
    26. BROWNS TREVON MOEHRIG S TCU A really smart player, and was athletic enough to start his college career at CB. If they can just keep WARD & GREEDY healthy, this gives them an excellent secondary… period.
    27. RAVENS PAT FREIERMUTH TE PENN ST This big boy reminds some of GRONK. The big key is that LAMAR luvs good TE’s to throw to. Look for this guy and ANDREWS on the field at the same time by mid-season.
    28. SAINTS AZEEZ OJULARI OB/ER GEORGIA Elite athlete who is still learning the nuances of playing LB, but knows how to edge rush. Should help the Saints pass rush numbers immediately. Helps add youth as well, to an aging roster.
    29. PACKERS JAYCEE HORN CB SOUTH CAROLINA The best receivers are gone for now, AARON. However, we all saw KEVIN KING get scorched in the Play-Off loss to Tampa. Horn is cocky, but also very good. Potential shut down Corner opposite ALEXANDER.
    30. BILLS NICK BOLTON LB MISSOURI There are a handful of teams that really like Bolton, who is productive and has a high FBI. I think he fits that BILLS Defense nicely. He’s barely 6′ tall, but the tape says his arms are quite long, which makes all the difference.
    31. CHIEFS JOE TRYON ER/DE WASHINGTON MAHOMES does NOT need another weapon right now, but based on 2020 season numbers, they need sone fresh blood in their pass rush group. TRYON may be a cheap replacement for OKAFOR, with higher top end potential.
    32. BUCS LEVI ONWUZURIKE DT WASHINGTON Interesting guy that shows some burst off the snap and can pressure up the middle. They may be replacing a guy named SUH for 2021. They are short along the DL on that depth chart, especially without SUH.

There it is. Flail away at it. I can guarantee it’s gonna look significantly different as the months march on toward April. I will also begin my yearly Team Mocks in March.

Cheers

Pigskin
    I really like Barimore..... maybe a donald type of relentless DT/DE...our DL only has ONE great player...... we need 3 more like TB has...... TB harrasset mahomes all game long with just a 4 man rush for the most part......

its a shame Chargers dont have several first round picks.... we also need OL, CB's, DL, RB's, LBers, maybe safety depth, more speed and size at WR, maybe a punter and a PK..... or at least competition....lol

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I really like Barimore..... maybe a donald type of relentless DT/DE...our DL only has ONE great player...... we need 3 more like TB has...... TB harrasset mahomes all game long with just a 4 man rush for the most part......

its a shame Chargers dont have several first round picks.... we also need OL, CB's, DL, RB's, LBers, maybe safety depth, more speed and size at WR, maybe a punter and a PK..... or at least competition....lol
      Sounds like we need a GM mostly.

Comment

• Tol
        From Accounting
        • Mar 2019
        • Carlsbad
        • Send PM

Couple of 7 round mocks:

Code:
        R1 13 OG Rashawn Slater
        R2 47 DE Patrick Jones II / Carlos Basham Jr
        R3 77 CB Greg Newsome II
        R3 C98 OT James Hudson
        R4 111 OG/C Quinn Meinerz
        R5 145 DT Marvin Wilson
        R6 176 OLB Malcolm Koonce
        R6 182 NB Tariq Thompson
        R7 206 PK Jose Borregales
        Code:
        R1 13 OT Christian Darrisaw
        R2 47 OC Josh Myers
        R3 77 OLB Quincy Roche / Joe Tryon
        R3 C98 CB Paulson Adebo
        R4 111 DE Daelin Hayes
        R5 145 OG Robert Hainsey
        R6 176 CB Deommodore Lenoir
        R6 182 DE Joshua Kaindoh
        R7 206 PK Riley Patterson

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
          Couple of 7 round mocks:

Code:
          R1 13 OG Rashawn Slater
          R2 47 DE Patrick Jones II / Carlos Basham Jr
          R3 77 CB Greg Newsome II
          R3 C98 OT James Hudson
          R4 111 OG/C Quinn Meinerz
          R5 145 DT Marvin Wilson
          R6 176 OLB Malcolm Koonce
          R6 182 NB Tariq Thompson
          R7 206 PK Jose Borregales
          Code:
          R1 13 OT Christian Darrisaw
          R2 47 OC Josh Myers
          R3 77 OLB Quincy Roche / Joe Tryon
          R3 C98 CB Paulson Adebo
          R4 111 DE Daelin Hayes
          R5 145 OG Robert Hainsey
          R6 176 CB Deommodore Lenoir
          R6 182 DE Joshua Kaindoh
          R7 206 PK Riley Patterson

the first mock draft would be a dream draft to me. OL, Edge, CB, OT, more OL, DT, OLB and even the Kicker

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

I'm just going to post one of those deep fake videos of Sewell the night before the draft of maybe him butchering a baby goat while wearing a swastika. Hello #13!

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Two from Simulators...
              Man this draft is going to be exciting with players all over the place.
              TDN, ....idiots have our two 6ths rounders wrong and gave us two 7ths instead.

PXL_20210209_183904787.jpg

PXL_20210209_185839171.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Two from Simulators...
                Man this draft is going to be exciting with players all over the place.
                TDN, ....idiots have our two 6ths rounders wrong and gave us two 7ths instead.

PXL_20210209_183904787.jpg

PXL_20210209_185839171.jpg
                If Sewell makes it to 13 I will send you guys my address to send the beer.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

New Simulator. To me anyways. Tough to make trades. It's PFF so they are probably evaluating from their grades,.... Is my guess though judging by the grades I get when drafting, it's hard to say. Never seen an A yet lol.

This one has all the comp picks figured in.
                  Two tries,... Yeah I don't know.
                  I messed up and meant to pick another RB in the first one and it's why I did another one.

Screenshot_20210209-200521.png

Screenshot_20210209-213151.png
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-10-2021, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Really happy if we get Surtain or even Farley at #13. The rest you can burn them on whatever picks you want on oline. Sign another oline free agent and another dline free agent and I'm good.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      Really happy if we get Surtain or even Farley at #13. The rest you can burn them on whatever picks you want on oline. Sign another oline free agent and another dline free agent and I'm good.
                      If this draft has 2 CBs, 2 OL and 2 DL (Edge and Interior) - I won't even care if the other three picks are all from Notre Dame!!

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I have had Basham and Tyron as targets for 2nd and 3rd rd picks for months
                        and now I'm seeing mocks of the both picked in Rd1.
                        :coffee:

There is a lot to like about both. Very physical players. They have athleticism but they don't play a style that relies on it. When I watch them play, I see a high motor style of I'm going to kick your butt. They are also leaders on their teams and show the alpha male trait that I like in prosects.
                        Barmore too.
                        Horn too.

I really like athleticism, size and strength with the I'm going to outwork you and kick your butt style of play. That is the type of defense Im hoping Staley wants to build.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          I have had Basham and Tyron as targets for 2nd and 3rd rd months for picks
                          and now I'm seeing mocks of the both picked in Rd1.
                          :coffee:

There is a lot to like about both. Very physical players. They have athleticism but they don't play a style that relies on it. When I watch them play, I see a high motor style of I'm going to kick your butt. They are also leaders on their teams and show the alpha male trait that I like in prosects.
                          Barmore too.
                          Horn too.

I really like athleticism, size and strength with the I'm going to outwork you and kick your butt style of play. That is the type of defense Im hoping Staley wants to build.
                          Im seeing Basham falling. Saw him at 88 on a couple places where he was higher before.
                          Tryon more a consenses second. Only seen Jeremiah have him in round one.

I think this draft will have many surprises and players could be all over the place with no combine.

Comment

Working...
                          X